Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Video Recap

B2H3

Hey everybody, I posted a short video a few weeks ago recapping some of the fun my wife and I had on our Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Royal Princess in mid-February. A number of people wanted to see more since it was a pretty fast paced summary. I've uploaded what I'm calling the Extended Director's Cut with 9 minutes of bonus footage! :p

Enjoy, and get pumped for your upcoming cruises or maybe relive some memories from cruises past :D

PS: The video is "unlisted" on my YouTube channel, however feel free to share it with anyone you like. Roll Calls, family, friends, random strangers in Port Everglades ;)

Hey everybody, I posted a short video a few weeks ago recapping some of the fun my wife and I had on our Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Royal Princess in mid-February. A number of people wanted to see more since it was a pretty fast paced summary. I've uploaded what I'm calling the Extended Director's Cut with 9 minutes of bonus footage! :p

Enjoy, and get pumped for your upcoming cruises or maybe relive some memories from cruises past :D

PS: The video is "unlisted" on my YouTube channel, however feel free to share it with anyone you like. Roll Calls, family, friends, random strangers in Port Everglades ;)

Branden - thank you so much for posting this Extended Director's Cut. It is fantastic!! Made me feel like I was back on the ship again.

BFF & I really enjoyed our 7-day cruise in early November and she'll be thrilled when I send the link to her. Bad weather kept us from going to Princess Cays so it is really nice to see all the great footage. (We did enjoy our unplanned stop in Grand Turk, however.)

Branden - thank you so much for posting this Extended Director's Cut. It is fantastic!! Made me feel like I was back on the ship again.

BFF & I really enjoyed our 7-day cruise in early November and she'll be thrilled when I send the link to her. Bad weather kept us from going to Princess Cays so it is really nice to see all the great footage. (We did enjoy our unplanned stop in Grand Turk, however.)

Awesome! So glad you enjoyed it. I really loved going back through all the footage and reliving it while putting the video together. It's the closest I can get right now to being back on the beach :cool:

Fantastic video !!! Thanks for sharing with everyone:) !

Thanks for the great video - I hoe to be on this ship later this fall...and now I need to get this GoPro camera or whatever. :) so cool with hand held extension. Had to show my bride your original video.

John in NC

Branden

Can you list the camera assessories that you used? I looked at the GoPro2 on amazon and the "customers also bought" assessories...just wanted to make sure I have everything covered in case I buy. Our next booked cruise is with 2 other couples and this would be a blast to do something similar (small portable/attachable waterproof video camera).

Thanks for helping a camera newbie.

John in NC

Branden, just watched it. Awesome, thanks for sharing. We were on a couple of weeks after you and had much the same experience. I appreciate you sharing your vacation video with us.:)

Branden

Can you list the camera assessories that you used? I looked at the GoPro2 on amazon and the "customers also bought" assessories...just wanted to make sure I have everything covered in case I buy. Our next booked cruise is with 2 other couples and this would be a blast to do something similar (small portable/attachable waterproof video camera).

Thanks for helping a camera newbie.

John in NC

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I love the positivity of these forums! Seriously cool group of cruisers :cool:

John,

I could go on and on for days about the camera and accessories! I'm mildly obsessed and actually own almost all the accessories GoPro makes. But what I can tell you here is that of all of them I only used probably two or three this entire trip!

The pole I'm using that gets all the fun angle shots is actually just a simple $15 monopod (tripod with one leg) from Walmart. It got a lot of attention on the cruise and is always the topic of conversation on all my videos. Best $15 I spent ;) The other thing you'll want to get, especially for a cruise, is going to be some kind of flotation accessory. I have both a floating bright yellow handle called The Bobber, made by GoPole and the bright orange Floaty Backdoor made by GoPro.

If you only took two things with you those would be my recommendations and you wouldn't miss a minute of the action. Although, a few extra batteries never hurts ;)

**Oh I almost forgot to mention, in order for the camera to mount on the monopod you'll need the "tripod mount". If you can find the older one on Amazon or somewhere it's like half the price of the new one and does the same thing. Fire me an email or direct message if you want to talk more :D

Edited by B2H3

Branden,

We watched your first cruise video before our Royal Princess trip and now have watched the second video after out trip! Amazing photography, thanks for getting us pumped up for our cruise with the first video and reliving some of the memories of our cruise with the second video!

Cheers!

Ken

What an amazing video, thank you for posting it! We were on Royal last week and had so much fun. I shared this link with all our friends and family :D

Title should read "amazing"... Keyboard was set to French...love that autocorrect...

Edited by mrsbrown17

Branden,

We watched your first cruise video before our Royal Princess trip and now have watched the second video after out trip! Amazing photography, thanks for getting us pumped up for our cruise with the first video and reliving some of the memories of our cruise with the second video!

Cheers!

Ken

Woah, what an awesome story Ken! Thanks so much for sharing.

Super pumped everyone is enjoying it and bringing back memories :D Exactly what I was hoping for by sharing it here!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I love the positivity of these forums! Seriously cool group of cruisers :cool:

John,

I could go on and on for days about the camera and accessories! I'm mildly obsessed and actually own almost all the accessories GoPro makes. But what I can tell you here is that of all of them I only used probably two or three this entire trip!

The pole I'm using that gets all the fun angle shots is actually just a simple $15 monopod (tripod with one leg) from Walmart. It got a lot of attention on the cruise and is always the topic of conversation on all my videos. Best $15 I spent ;) The other thing you'll want to get, especially for a cruise, is going to be some kind of flotation accessory. I have both a floating bright yellow handle called The Bobber, made by GoPole and the bright orange Floaty Backdoor made by GoPro.

If you only took two things with you those would be my recommendations and you wouldn't miss a minute of the action. Although, a few extra batteries never hurts ;)

**Oh I almost forgot to mention, in order for the camera to mount on the monopod you'll need the "tripod mount". If you can find the older one on Amazon or somewhere it's like half the price of the new one and does the same thing. Fire me an email or direct message if you want to talk more :D

Thanks Branden...great information. When/if I decide to get this setup - if I have any questions I will certainly try to ping you on cruisecritic to get your email etc.

When is your next cruise? :) Look forward to future videos....

John in NC

So excited to see your long version! After watching the short one, my husband had to have the GoPro for his birthday :D...We are doing this same cruise on the Regal next April! So - he has a year to "practice" with it! Did you have any problems with the GoPro video software on your computer when you got home and uploaded all of it? One week after buying the camera - he decided we needed a new computer at home as well! :rolleyes: (ours was pretty old...) But, last night playing with some video of our puppies, he had issues with it freezing and "not responding" on the new computer... Any advise??:confused:

Wow, just got back from a short weekend getaway to all these kind comments. Thanks and hope everyone had a great Easter!

So excited to see your long version! After watching the short one, my husband had to have the GoPro for his birthday :D...We are doing this same cruise on the Regal next April! So - he has a year to "practice" with it! Did you have any problems with the GoPro video software on your computer when you got home and uploaded all of it? One week after buying the camera - he decided we needed a new computer at home as well! :rolleyes: (ours was pretty old...) But, last night playing with some video of our puppies, he had issues with it freezing and "not responding" on the new computer... Any advise??:confused:

So I actually use a program called Final Cut Pro. I started out on iMovie because it was free on my Mac, but then wanted a little bit more. I've used the GoPro software a little, but mostly for putting together time lapse videos from pictures (it's phenomenal for that) so I can't really say too much about my experience with it. Check the setting on the GoPro because it's capable of some pretty intense video files that could crash most computers. But at 1080p and 30fps or 60fps you should be fine depending on the computer. Without getting too technical, when I import my videos form the SD card I create "optimized media" versions. Which is basically a lo-res version of the file so that I can work with it without it taxing my computer too much, then when it exports into its final version it uses the hi-res version for a beautiful HD video :D Hope that helps a little.