It will all come out in the wash!

Pet

A word of advice should anyone fall into the same trap we did. Joined Voyager of the Seas and received letter from Captain’s Club listing entitlements, which included bag of laundry washed and folded for $20 instead of $30. As we had arrived on board with a fair amount of dirty clothing we took the bag from the wardrobe, filled it, and wrote in large letters on the form “Captain Club offer, wash and fold only” and CC number. After the clothes were returned our sea pass account showed we had been charged $73. Staff in guest relations said W&F only applied on certain days. My argument was that the letter from CC didn’t say “certain days” and having made it perfectly clear what I wanted on the form, the laundry staff needed only to telephone us to ask whether we wanted to go ahead with a full price laundry service or not. To cut a long story short (involving four further trips to GR and two phone calls over the next 15 days) $50 was refunded to our account as a gesture of goodwill. Moral being if you feel you have a genuine grievance don’t be afraid to pursue it. :):)

Since when does RCI have a Captain's Club? Isn't they Celebrity?

It is easy to misuse the two. Yes Celebrity has the Captain’s Club, but I find myself accidently using C&A on Celebrity and CC on RCCL. There are different names for activity sheets, buffet restaurant, sea cards, select dining/my time dining, pool decks, etc.

M

Just as it is easy to misuse RCCL. It has been 17 years since Royal Caribbean Cruise Line became Royal Caribbean International. Since 1997 RCCL has been the abbreviation of the parent corporation (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.), yet it continues to be used by many when referring to RCI.

A word of advice should anyone fall into the same trap we did. Joined Voyager of the Seas and received letter from Captain’s Club listing entitlements, which included bag of laundry washed and folded for $20 instead of $30. As we had arrived on board with a fair amount of dirty clothing we took the bag from the wardrobe, filled it, and wrote in large letters on the form “Captain Club offer, wash and fold only” and CC number. After the clothes were returned our sea pass account showed we had been charged $73. Staff in guest relations said W&F only applied on certain days. My argument was that the letter from CC didn’t say “certain days” and having made it perfectly clear what I wanted on the form, the laundry staff needed only to telephone us to ask whether we wanted to go ahead with a full price laundry service or not. To cut a long story short (involving four further trips to GR and two phone calls over the next 15 days) $50 was refunded to our account as a gesture of goodwill. Moral being if you feel you have a genuine grievance don’t be afraid to pursue it. :):)

good for you.

Just as it is easy to misuse RCCL. It has been 17 years since Royal Caribbean Cruise Line became Royal Caribbean International. Since 1997 RCCL has been the abbreviation of the parent corporation (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.), yet it continues to be used by many when referring to RCI.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to remember to use the RCI rather than RCCL.

In any case, the intent of my post was to note that it really does not matter what a person calls the program. When on Celebrity, my fellow passengers understand I am referring to the Celebrity CC program. Hopefully on RCI, my fellow passengers know I am referring to the C&A society.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

If, as OP posted, they indeed wrote “Captain Club offer, wash and fold only” and CC number, it is not at all surprising mthat the statroom attendant did not understand the issue when he picked up the laundry bag. He works on VOS and probably knows nothing of CC. It is also not surprising that the laundry did not understand the issue when they saw the bag; they work on VOS and likely know nothing of CC. As a person who has cruise multiple lines, I can understand how a cruiser can confuse Crown and Anchor, Captains Club, Mariner, VIFP, etc, but I do not expect the international crew working on one line to understand the loyalty programs of a different line. If one is accustomed to Celebriy's loyalty program laundry, I can understand that the guest might think Royal Caribbean's is very similar; it is not. Not only is the day restricted, so are the allowed items.

I am glad guest services gave a goodwill credit in the end.

As we had arrived on board with a fair amount of dirty clothing

While I do agree that if the discount was only on certain days you should have been informed.

But.......I'm still trying to figure out how/why did you arrive with a fair amount of dirty clothing.??????? :confused:

Did I miss something? :o:o

While I do agree that if the discount was only on certain days you should have been informed.

But.......I'm still trying to figure out how/why did you arrive with a fair amount of dirty clothing.??????? :confused:

Did I miss something? :o:o

Perhaps the cruise was at the end of a longer vacation that started on land?

I've got Brit friends that go on vacations for weeks and weeks and weeks at a time. They get an insane amount of time off of work compared to most of us in the US.

Edited by poncho1973

We will be doing the same thing when boarding allure oct 2015 for transatlantic. We will have already been in Europe for26 days and will really need some clean clothes.

Riverboats don't have same service and can get very expensive for laundry. No specials for $30 a bag.

I bet that's what op did.

I still use RCCL (actually use "Royal" most) only because RCI to me is a timeshare company that I have been familiar with longer than Royal, not that that means a thing to anyone here.....;)

We will be doing the same thing when boarding allure oct 2015 for transatlantic. We will have already been in Europe for26 days and will really need some clean clothes.

Riverboats don't have same service and can get very expensive for laundry. No specials for $30 a bag.

I bet that's what op did.

That sounds like a wonderful trip.

At that special $30 price, only limited types of items may be included. As I recall, undergarments, T shirts, shorts, socks, swim wear, pajamas are all allowed. Also, you must wait for the appointed day(s), as the OP discovered. You can fit a fair number of such items in a bag, so it may be a decent value for your some of your laundry needs. If you put pants, skirts, dresses, "real" shirts, etc in the bag, you will be charged for those items. You might as well submit those items at your convenience and save the bag space for allowable items. You might run up a laundry bill on the TA cruise, just as you could on the riverboats. Plan or budget accordingly.

I still use RCCL (actually use "Royal" most) only because RCI to me is a timeshare company that I have been familiar with longer than Royal, not that that means a thing to anyone here.....;)

:p So very much yes. RCI is already a "thing". It's a timeshare company that came close to ruining my grad school graduation present, and my mom had to pay for a hotel package out of pocket for me, because she and my stepdad had promised the "room" already through RCI. And after nearly a year of trying to match a resort, nothing ever came through. Thank goodness my mom did.

I have no interest in calling Royal Caribbean Cruise something as icky-IMO as RCI. And RC is already a *thing*, too. A tasty cola. ;)

I only started cruising with RCCL in '03, and it was called that then around here, and I'm likely calling it that forevermore. :)

Lots of problems with gr can be solved over your cabin phone without standing in line, there is a button for gr.

I have found that also. But many cruise to line up at GS - I see them on every cruise as I pass by on my way to enjoy something :D