Bags in First?

Sat1

Airlines deliver their loyalty members luggage to carrousel for first pick up. Why can't RCL deliver Diamond members luggage to staterooms first? Oh yes, I am only Gold.

Airlines deliver their loyalty members luggage to carrousel for first pick up. Why can't RCL deliver Diamond members luggage to staterooms first? Oh yes, I am only Gold.

You trying to start something? :DProbably because they don't sort the bags since the ones receiving them are not RCI employees (porters at the port). Bags are just loaded as they come in and delivered in an order only RCI knows. Although we have always received our bags on RCI before 3 pm. This last trip we got them around 2. The two previous cruises they were waiting outside our door when we hallways to staterooms were opened.

Edited by BND

300 passengers, versus 4,000 passengers.

Bags delivered first are placed in a separate bag cart, and loaded last.

You cannot expect the longshoremen to separate bags. Plus could you imagine the workload of the ship's crew, running luggage from one end of the ship to the other, just because someone is diamond plus. Another small detail...you cannot wait to get OFF the plane, while you cannot wait to get ON the ship!

because they are busy delivering the suite bags first :p:p

Actually on our last Liberty cruise in March they did do this for platinum and up C&A members who arrived early.

When we arrived and dropped off our luggage at about 10:45 the porter looked at the tags and of they were platinum and up they went on one of the carts. Gold tags and no designation were left sitting on the pavement.

Luggage arrived just after 1:00 and looking at all the luggage in the hallway they were all platinum tags and up.

I imagine that this only worked for the first wave of guests and that later in the day it was just random but this was certainly a nice touch.

3000-6000 passengers, seriously??:rolleyes:

We just turned Diamond and I could care less about my luggage getting "priority" on our next cruise.

Oh I'm sorry. Once you turn diamond, you must care. You must care a lot. It's mandatory.

Never known our bags to be there any sooner than anyone else's. Bags for our last cruise were among the last to arrive - airline tags indicating million mile flyer status were attached. Bags were amongst the last 20 or so - we were getting concerned! I think it is more likely on how they were loaded rather than loyalty members getting preferential treatment. Have never felt bags received special treatment - have "loyalty upper tier membership" on three different airlines.

I think RC does a great job of trying to get the bags to the staterooms as quickly as possible considering the number of bags involved.

One small detail. Unless you print your own tags or are a suite guest, the tags the longshoremen use are generic and do not state your C&A level.

We have had cabin attendants specifically retrieve our Diamond luggage, but only twice. I think they just grab the next bags without any regard for C&A class.

I assumed platinum and diamond were delivered first lol on all the cruise lines. I'm only platinum on Carnival but they do deliver my luggage first. I usually board by 11:30 a.m., immediately drop off my bags at my room, then I go to lunch. By the time I get back to my room from lunch my big suitcase is usually there. Everyone says the perks are so great with the other cruise lines.... Don't they have priority boarding & luggage service?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I assumed platinum and diamond were delivered first lol on all the cruise lines. I'm only platinum on Carnival but they do deliver my luggage first. I usually board by 11:30 a.m., immediately drop off my bags at my room, then I go to lunch. By the time I get back to my room from lunch my big suitcase is usually there. Everyone says the perks are so great with the other cruise lines.... Don't they have priority boarding & luggage service?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

RCI has priority boarding, but not priority luggage delivery.

You guys all do get that OP was joking, right? It's why he/she responded yes to my question. I knew it.

Edited by BND

because they are busy delivering the suite bags first :p:p

we were in our first "real" suite, an owners suite, earlier this month and arrived by noon. This was the first cruise we waited the longest for our bags. We did not even have them until we returned from dinner.