Anyone here set up a meet & greet before??

Amster12345

For our February M&G I got a list of the officers and wrote invites to each and when we boarded I asked the pursers desk to give them to the officers, 5 of the 6 I invited attended and the captain stayed the whole time chatting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Oy, excuse the auto correct ;)

Name tags are nice:)

The M&G is usually in the Skywalkers, not the best place for a meeting IMHO.

You can request a time or leave it to the coordinator. Be sure to specify "no host" bar. Ask for the snacks - they aren't much but they are free. And request that she/he send you the current list of ship officers a week or two before the cruise.

I got some templates for the invitations and some other things from Tom Barton (if I remember right, his handle is TBarton - Tom are you out there?).

I would send you my templates (I edited to fit my "style"), but I am traveling and nowhere near the computer that has them. They were very helpful.

Once you post that you have set up the M&G - there will be a veritable flood of people who sign up to go. I recently went on a B2B and no one on either cruise expressed any interest in a M&G. Once the arrangements were made and posted, we had 30-40 signed up for both of them!! So don't let an expressed lack of interest keep you from setting one up.

Good Luck and have fun!

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Name tags are nice:)

The M&G is usually in the Skywalkers, not the best place for a meeting IMHO.

You can request a time or leave it to the coordinator. Be sure to specify "no host" bar. Ask for the snacks - they aren't much but they are free. And request that she/he send you the current list of ship officers a week or two before the cruise.

I got some templates for the invitations and some other things from Tom Barton (if I remember right, his handle is TBarton - Tom are you out there?).

I would send you my templates (I edited to fit my "style"), but I am traveling and nowhere near the computer that has them. They were very helpful.

Once you post that you have set up the M&G - there will be a veritable flood of people who sign up to go. I recently went on a B2B and no one on either cruise expressed any interest in a M&G. Once the arrangements were made and posted, we had 30-40 signed up for both of them!! So don't let an expressed lack of interest keep you from setting one up.

Good Luck and have fun!

Yes, Tom Barton is still here. I can be reached at trbarton743@aol.com.

Tom:)

On our last couple of cruises, people on the roll call had set up a place on an outside deck during sailaway for an initial meet and greet that was set up for just those on the roll call (not involving Princess and not involving any officers). I think that's nice as you'll see what others look like. It seems to work best if one person is the contact and puts an email address for the others to contact (with cabin numbers). That way, identifiable info (such as names) aren't posted, but if there's a change in plans during the cruise, the contact person can put notes in the in-boxes for the roll callers (not everyone reads the Patters carefully).

Something else that is helpful. I have found that the easiest way to keep track of who is going to attend the M&G is to set up a spreadsheet on Google docs.

Pick categories: name(s), CC handle, cabin (make this optional if you use it, some don't like to share), where from?.

The optional categories: cabin crawl, slot pull, gift exchange, whatever.

Don't forget to make it public, so others can put their own info. Then share the link on the roll call and everyone puts their own info. No work for you:D and keeps track of the M&G roll call.

Hi, Tom!!

Edited by JF - retired RRT

On our last couple of cruises' date=' people on the roll call had set up a place on an outside deck during sailaway for an initial meet and greet that was set up for just those on the roll call (not involving Princess and not involving any officers). I think that's nice as you'll see what others look like. It seems to work best if one person is the contact and puts an email address for the others to contact (with cabin numbers). That way, identifiable info (such as names) aren't posted, but if there's a change in plans during the cruise, the contact person can put notes in the in-boxes for the roll callers (not everyone reads the Patters carefully).[/quote']

I've tried what you have suggested, after the 1st Muster Drill, but only have had a few people show up, no more than 5 or 6. I'm trying one again next month on the Star. We'll see what happens.

On my cruise last year, I got to know a lot of people on CC roll call and on the old FB one. I was volun-told to organize ours. On the Coral, ours was in Crooner's. No one from the crew showed up but then again, I didn't realize I was supposed to invite them. I made name tags for everyone. Here is a photo of our M&G.

26ae9ac52097fdd51dd5d1a17b8c0c5c_zps89f97f1c.jpg

I invite the ships photographer for a professional photo. I usually invite them to come 30 minutes after the start of our meeting to allow for late people. I leave a letter with the information and leave it at the photo department. I also stop by the photo department the day of the meeting to make sure they have my details.

I organized my first ever M&G on the Sapphire last month. I got real invitations and wrote out the details from the list of officers on the Welcome Aboard Patter. Since I was doing it last minute just a few days before sailing, I had a general number of those attending but not names so I brought a couple of packs of name tags and markers. It went well and the Maitre d' and four officers came. The Captain couldn't. We had about half an hour after the officers left to visit with each other, which was nice. I'd been to a M&G in January and the organizer spent the entire hour talking and having each person give their name and how many cruises they'd taken. The former was nice to put faces with names but the number of cruises is essentially meaningless since you could take 10 cruises and have maybe 50 days or cruised three times and have 75 days.

Edited by Pam in CA

• 2 months later...
I'm on the Ruby July 10th. No one on the roll call has set up one of these get-tegethers before. Who do we contact to reserve a lounge for the group? Is there anything else we need to do?

Thanks, Amy

Can you let me know how to get on the M & G We are from the the UK

Thanks tony & noreen

Go to this link:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Select your cruiseline, then ship, then sailing date. This will be your roll call. You can find information about your specific cruise here. It is also nice to let your roll call know that you are out there and that you want to participate.

Good luck!