holy price drop!

swirlidz

Hi all,

I'm very new to this forum & over the weekend I was reading about great price drops that people had got on their cruise ... so I looked at what price my first cruise will be compared to when I booked it .. $1400 difference (same type cabin/floor etc).

So a quick email to the TA ... resulted in a $1840 REDUCTION on our cruise! I am so amazed ! Without finding this forum I never would of even thought to compare/ask!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!! :D

I had a similar situation just before Easter. We booked our Christmas cruise back in January. Then late one evening I noticed that the price for our category of cabin had dropped by just over $1200. I immediately sent an email to my online TA. First thing next morning I had a response from them and less than two hours later they had changed my booking to the lower price.

Like you, I would never have expected to be able to change my booking without the advice and comments from this forum. :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Hi all,

I'm very new to this forum & over the weekend I was reading about great price drops that people had got on their cruise ... so I looked at what price my first cruise will be compared to when I booked it .. $1400 difference (same type cabin/floor etc).

So a quick email to the TA ... resulted in a $1840 REDUCTION on our cruise! I am so amazed ! Without finding this forum I never would of even thought to compare/ask!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!! :D

That's a nice drop! These forums can definitely be helpful at times!

Thanks to another roll call member who noticed a price drop, about a week ago we saved over $1,400 on an inside on our 28 day Scandinavia/Transatlantic cruise on the Royal next August. Thanks to Pia a couple of years ago, we saved several hundred dollars on a cruise from Beijing to Vancouver.

Thanks to another roll call member who noticed a price drop, about a week ago we saved over $1,400 on an inside on our 28 day Scandinavia/Transatlantic cruise on the Royal next August. Thanks to Pia a couple of years ago, we saved several hundred dollars on a cruise from Beijing to Vancouver.

Thanks for the kudos, Wayne. I taught you well. ;) Watching your bookings is almost a full time job.

Our cruise has dropped about $100 and when I called my TA, he said it's a restricted sale which means we're not eligible. I've never dealt with a TA before, I usually do my own planning...but I'm seriously bummed that we could now get a balcony for the price we paid :(

Has anyone had any luck getting an adjustment on a "restricted" (i.e. "new booking only") fare?

Our cruise has dropped about $100 and when I called my TA, he said it's a restricted sale which means we're not eligible. I've never dealt with a TA before, I usually do my own planning...but I'm seriously bummed that we could now get a balcony for the price we paid :(

Has anyone had any luck getting an adjustment on a "restricted" (i.e. "new booking only") fare?

It wouldn't have mattered even if you had booked directly with Princess. A flash sale is just that; for new bookings only.

Yeah...those darn Flash sales. But what I wasn't sure about, does Princess do "non-Flash" sales?

I see their most current promotion lasts til 4/30. I guess what I really want to know is, is it possible to pay for an upgrade to a better class of room when a promotion is "on"?

Yeah...those darn Flash sales. But what I wasn't sure about, does Princess do "non-Flash" sales?

I see their most current promotion lasts til 4/30. I guess what I really want to know is, is it possible to pay for an upgrade to a better class of room when a promotion is "on"?

Most sales after final payment date are flash sales restricted to new bookings only.

Most sales before final payment date are not restricted to new bookings, but may require giving up some amenities (OBC, wine, etc.) that were part of the pricing when you made the original booking.

In some cases, an original booking may have been made with a non-frundable deposit and some sales may require you to cancel/rebook and thus may lose the deposit.

Subject to the above, you should be able to pay to upgrade during a new sale that is not restricted.

Congrats on the price drop. :) The big price drop has me wondering, did you over pay at time of booking ? The most I ever got for a price drop was around 100.00.

No, I don't think so. The prices stayed fairly constant, within $100 or so, from the time I booked until the week before Easter, then there was a huge price drop. The day after I changed my booking the prices were back up to close to what I'd paid originally.

The price drop on my cruise was for new bookings only. My TA just cancelled my original booking and rebooked me on the new fare, with the same cabin and OBCs.

I look every day in the hope that the cruise I have booked on Diamond Princess in March 2015 from Sydney to Singapore will drop or there will be OBC or anything really as it is an expensive cruise for us from UK

We booked before Jan, but our TA was able to make the change wit the current sale and save us $200 pp plus get an extra $25 pp OBC. We did lose a bottle of wine, but I think with this I can buy my own. :-) I wasn't sure if she could get it for us as the "sale" was marked new bookings only. I'm certainly happy!!!!

We booked before Jan, but our TA was able to make the change wit the current sale and save us $200 pp plus get an extra $25 pp OBC. We did lose a bottle of wine, but I think with this I can buy my own. :-) I wasn't sure if she could get it for us as the "sale" was marked new bookings only. I'm certainly happy!!!!

You didn't lose a thing. The wine they give you on Princess is yucky Sylvester; especially if you drink white. It is absolutely VILE!

We cancelled and rebooked. Ended up with onboard credit as well as a savings! :D

We booked the 'Midnight Sun' Ocean Princess for June 6 two days ago, at what was, it seemed, a reasonable price. Then yesterday we received a 'last minute' e-mail from princess, ad our price would have been $700/person less. In shock, we called our 'Princess Cruise Consultant', knowing it was well past Final Payment and we really didn't qualify. SHE GOT IT FOR US!!! So do not tell me that Princess doesn't have great customer service. TY!

:D

Doug

We booked the 'Midnight Sun' Ocean Princess for June 6 two days ago, at what was, it seemed, a reasonable price. Then yesterday we received a 'last minute' e-mail from princess, ad our price would have been $700/person less. In shock, we called our 'Princess Cruise Consultant', knowing it was well past Final Payment and we really didn't qualify. SHE GOT IT FOR US!!! So do not tell me that Princess doesn't have great customer service. TY!

:D

Doug

That's awesome! I'm sure Princess has great customer service...unfortunately my TA does not provide the same level of excellence. That'll teach me to trust someone else with my plans ;)