MS Veendam Sail-Away-April 24, 2014

aliaschief

MS Veendam is in Port Everglades following dry dock. A check of the schedule currently shows a 8 PM departure.:( Will check throughout the day and see if that changes.

My last sail away post for the season. It's been fun. Innlady Sheila has volunteered to host the last few sail-aways.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com

The Veendam is scheduled to be back on Mayday for a cruise up the coast for the spring Canada - New England run. We will be there waiting! She is expected to arrive in Port Everglades at noon today.

Edited by BumperII

The Veendam is scheduled to be back on Mayday for a cruise up the coast for the spring Canada - New England run. We will be there waiting! She is expected to arrive in Port Everglades at noon today.

That was 12 midnight. According to port schedule she is in Port Everglades.

Edited by aliaschief

That was 12 midnight. According to port schedule she is in Port Everglades.

Oops! Sorry about that chief. The Port Everglades scedule I'm looking at now has the Veendam scheduled to arrive at 1600, 4:00 p.m. and sailing at 2000, 8:00 p.m. This will give me something to do today, trying to find the Veendam.

Chief... This is strange. I don't see her on the webcam but can't see terminal 26. She turned off her AIS last week and both cruise trackers show her in Freeport but that is an old signal. If she is at PE, her AIS is off since it doesn't show on the plot.

Will keep looking...

I don't see her at the normal HAL berths. There's a third berth, which I can't see and Holland America uses, but typically that's only when they have 3 ships in port.

Edited by POA1

Sorry for the confusion but I swear when I checked the port schedule earlier this morning it showed the Veendam had arrived.

Obviously, it hasn't so I guess it will be a Sail-In vs sail-away.

My apologies for any confusion.

Sorry for the confusion but I swear when I checked the port schedule earlier this morning it showed the Veendam had arrived.

Obviously, it hasn't so I guess it will be a Sail-In vs sail-away.

My apologies for any confusion.

It will be interesting to see how the horn use compares, incoming versus outgoing.

MS Veendam is in Port Everglades following dry dock. A check of the schedule currently shows a 8 PM departure.:( Will check throughout the day and see if that changes.

My last sail away post for the season. It's been fun. Innlady Sheila has volunteered to host the last few sail-aways.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com

The AMSTERDAM will soon be back and will sail out of Port Everglades as she heads West and through the canal and up to Seattle.

Enjoy a great sailaway. I'll be on deck for my penultimate sailaway.

Roy

Roy, It's going to be a Sail-In because the Veendam got off to a late start from dry dock. Presently scheduled for a 4:00 PM arrival and sail-away past most of our bed times.

Have enjoyed following your cruise blog.

Greetings to all sail-away addicts.

Chief, have a wonderful vacation! See you back here in the fall when the HAL season resumes.

With the newly refurbished Veendam arriving so late, it is going to be a lot of overtime for the port workers, getting her all stocked for weeklong cruise. I need to remember to be here for the sail-in and then later on in the evening for the departure. One good advantage to living on the west coast...maybe the only one... it will not be that late for me when she sets out on her cruise. ;)