MS Veendam Sail-Away-April 24, 2014

aliaschief

Well a boxed lunch sure beats the granola bars and water we were given while waiting to board the Maasdam on the 28th March.

My inlaws took about a box of the granola bars as they feel they need to have "provisions" with them at all times. LOL. That was a bit of a wait, wasn't it? But at least it was air conditioned, unlike last May with the Prinsendam at T2.

New arrival time is 6:30. We have been told that first there will be disembarkation of 400 contractors. Then check in will start. We are as comfortable as can be, boxed lunches were provided along with soda, coffee, water and bagged snacks. Two terminals being used to hold us while we wait. Complimentary shuttles are available to the harbor shops or galleria mall. We are anxious to get onboard of course, but without a ship to board, we figure we might as well wait it out haha. We were originally told not to arrive at the pier until 4pm so we walked around with all our luggage. After flying all night and walking all day, we are happy to be waiting in the air conditioning. We are just hoping we won't miss our first port, half moon.

Sorry about your delay. I hope the voyage makes up for any inconvenience.

Here for sailin! ANZAC day in NZ. Should see her leave in the dark.:D[/quote

For us naïve one's what is ANZAC day. Besides that G'day!:)

The day in 1915 when Australian and NZ troops died at Gallipoli - a very foolish assault on the Turks up terrible terrain.

Someone posted on another thread that they were given boxed lunches and various non-alcoholic beverages while they wait.

Must have been posting at the same time asKnot2l82sail.

Cruisinetta is on this sailing. We've been emailing during her wait for Veendam's arrival. Situation sounds frustrating for waiting passengers.

The day in 1915 when Australian and NZ troops died at Gallipoli - a very foolish assault on the Turks up terrible terrain.

A very dark day in world history to be sure. I will never forget sailing by the monument to that terrible battle on Turkey's coast when I was aboard the Amsterdam in 2008.

I had that in my mind when you said that. 99 years now....

Our deepest respects to New Zealand and Australia.

Edited by 0bnxshs

Cruisinetta is on this sailing. We've been emailing during her wait for Veendam's arrival. Situation sounds frustrating for waiting passengers.

I sure hope HAL makes it up to them all. It might take more than a glass of sparkling wine and some chocolate dipped strawberries. :rolleyes: