LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing April 27th!

Chris: I LOVED LOVED LOVED the photos from the top of the Hyatt!! Lucky you to be able to enjoy such a marvelous view on such a pristine day in Fort Lauderdale!! GREAT photos!!

Terri: You and I both know we are BOTH stalkers of Chris and his reviews....and maybe a few other things!!

Orangefan: Lucky you to be going to Alaska....on my bucket list!!

I think I qualify for everything you mentioned!! I was wondering where you were!

Hi Wendy !

Chris certainly keeps us busy. If you don't check the "live" several times a day, the pages of posts just pile up.

I am anxious to see Alaska. I came close a number of years ago when I flew out of Toronto and joined a tour of the Canadian Rockies .One stop was Prince Rupert which was 20 miles from Alaska. However , that wasn't the focus of my trip then.

People have suggested that I go to Alaska in July or August instead. There is no guarantee of the weather whenever you go. Going earlier there will be fewer ships , less people and not so crowded ports. The daylight is 16+ hours a day.People on the roll calls worry about the weather being so cold. We both are used to some cold weather. I am going to Alaska for the scenery, culture and adventure. If I wanted hot weather I would have gone back to the Carib. Now watch it be a hot week when I go.

Now back to Chris and the beginning of this wonderful cruise. Just think We can look at all the beautiful food and especially the desserts and not gain an ounce !

Sali

I love the Southport Raw Bar. We always have dinner there the night before we cruise. Our next visit will be in June.

I second this place. They have great food and seating outside right next some boat docks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Nice and sweet he's there at the terminal.

Please take note if you can...whether there are workers when you board right away taking specialty dining reservations.

Gambee doesn't matter how you get to the ship just get there :D

Edited by lyndamr

Really enjoying your travelogue Chris. Love the photos, the food and Fort Lauderdale, the Hyatt Pier 66 seems very nice, feeling that tingle of cruising excitement with each new page and can barely wait for some shots aboard the Allure today and throughout the week.

Have a Great Cruise.

Jonathan

Nice and sweet he's there at the terminal.

Please take note if you can...whether there are workers when you board right away taking specialty dining reservations.

Gambee doesn't matter how you get to the ship just get there :D

The easiest way to do that is to head for the roast beef sandwiches on Deck 8 when you board, the Central Park 150 can take reservations for any of the SPs. We have lunch rez at Giovanni's boarding day and they can take our rez for the others as well. We had to wait for our dinner rez as we have free dinner from our TA and you must wait till boarding to book.

Edited by BecciBoo

Pink striped shirt :) but now I'm at Giovannis

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Do they serve Limoncello? One of my favorite memories of Italy was in Sorrento when a father and son allowed me into the back of their small family run Limoncello facility and let me watch some being made...then tasted!! Yummmm

Welcome aboard Chris and thank you for taking me aboard too!

Was there a booth when you boarded taking dining reservations for the specialty restaurants?

I did not see one but it looks like you can sign up at some of the restaurants

I did not see one but it looks like you can sign up at some of the restaurants

One of our first stops is always Central Park to take care of specialty dinner reservations and never have had a problem booking. They hold back times for those who book on the ship. :)

If you want to book your My Time Dining head to deck 5 I believe and there is someone there at the desk to arrange times in the dining room