Which Itinerary would you Choose?

mavfan

I am contemplating booking a last minute cruise (unbelievable prices!) and can not make up my mind. The ships are vastly different (one is the newest the other is older not upgraded) but the itineraries are really hanging me up. Here are the two choices:

Option 1 POC- Key West, Cozumel, Grand Caymen, 2 days at sea

Option 2 POC - Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay, Nassau, 1 day at sea

Putting the ship aside, which Itinerary would you choose and why? I want to spend some time laying out at the beach, but am afraid that would be my only choice with the second cruise....Please HELP!! THANKS!!!

We love the beaches at Grand Turk and HMC so my choice would be option 2. For both options you might want to check out cruisetimetables.com to see which other ships would be in port with you. This might help you in making your decision. Best wishes for a great cruise!

I would go with option 2 for a couple of reason. First, Key West port is not near beaches so it won't be real convenient. Second, we have been to all of the ports in option 1 and none of the ports in option 2. :D

Have fun.

We think the answer depends on what the OP enjoys. If it is a laid-back beach vacation we would opt for #2. But if you want to walk, browse, shop, and also get some beaches then we really like #1. And #1 does also have great beach possibilities, such as 7 mile beach on Cozumel. And Grand Cayman offers Stingray City which is a lot of fun..especially for those who enjoy the water and a little snorkeling.

Hank

Thanks for the input everyone :)

I prefer the laid back beach life, but hubby likes to do a little more when in a port. We ended up going with option 1 as I think it is a bit of a compromise. I am looking forward to 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman as I have never been to this POC!

Thanks for the input everyone :)

I prefer the laid back beach life, but hubby likes to do a little more when in a port. We ended up going with option 1 as I think it is a bit of a compromise. I am looking forward to 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman as I have never been to this POC!

Option 1 was my choice. Did not like Nassau at all, just seemed dirty and I didn't like being inundated by all the guys wanting to give tours. Finally gave in and the tour was bizarre. When I asked on the roll call what to do in Nassau, lots said, stay on the ship.:D Love Key West because lots to see and do. Liked Seven Mile Beach which BTW, is Cozumel. I think you're right about the compromise.:) The only downside that I see for Key West is you may be docked at the navel yard and have to shuittle in which is no big deal. We were docked right in town.

Edited by iheartbda

I see you picked option 1, which would be my choice by far. There's just more to do, I'm not interested in Nassau, and if you want beaches, there are plenty on Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I haven't been to Key West for literally 40 years, so that would be plus too.

I'm positive 7 mile beach is on Grand Cayman.