Drink Package-how did you like it?

We had the premium package,Royal does not water down their drinks. We had strawberry daquiris that tasted like windex-Strong,Long island ice teas are made with a healthy 4.5 shots. For my wife and i at $110 a day to much. Most beers are 16oz. aluminum cans on pool deck. that is almost 20 beers between 2 people a day. Long island teas,which i was told is called Strong island ice tea was $6.50

each, as were most frozen drinks, If you can drink that much for 7 days, God Bless You, Maybe when i was 18, Not at 50.

5 cocktails a day on a vacation means you need to go to AA?

For me, it would! That's if you could get me out of bed or wherever I had passed out by the second day....

Always important to know yourself to figure out if these packages are worth it.

For me, Replenish isn't even worth it because if I drink all the water I need to drink in a day, and eat properly, I don't have the stomach-room for the lattes I "need" to drink to make it up to $20/day. Throw in OJ in the morning and I'm at "tilt" with calories AND with liquids by the end of the day.

I *wanted* drinks each day, but had no room for them! 3 beers total on the 7 day cruise and a cocoloco on the island. Oh wait, and a shot of Bailey's that went into my iced latte one evening. That's it, and I was absolutely full and uncomfortable for most of the 7 days.

Its nice paying before the cruise and not having that liquor bill after the cruise. Its so worth it, like you said 5 drinks it pays for itself.

This is our first cruise with RCI and like the fact that not all in the party has to buy the package so it's highly likely that we will purchase the $55/ day for DH but just need to ask when to buy it.

If we pay before we cruise, can he take advantage as soon as we board, or do we need to get the package activated first? Is it best to pay before we sail or on board?

This is our first cruise with RCI and like the fact that not all in the party has to buy the package so it's highly likely that we will purchase the $55/ day for DH but just need to ask when to buy it.

If we pay before we cruise, can he take advantage as soon as we board, or do we need to get the package activated first? Is it best to pay before we sail or on board?

If you pay before, your SeaPass card you get at check-in will indicate you have the package. So you can use the package immediately upon boarding.

We had the premium package,Royal does not water down their drinks. We had strawberry daquiris that tasted like windex-Strong,Long island ice teas are made with a healthy 4.5 shots. For my wife and i at $110 a day to much. Most beers are 16oz. aluminum cans on pool deck. that is almost 20 beers between 2 people a day. Long island teas,which i was told is called Strong island ice tea was $6.50

each, as were most frozen drinks, If you can drink that much for 7 days, God Bless You, Maybe when i was 18, Not at 50.

We've been paying around $9 for the Long Island Iced Tea on the last few cruises.

Also keep in mind that the package also includes virgin drinks so you could alternate between real and virgin throughout the day by the pool to keep alcohol down if that is a concern. Couple that with OJ in the morning for breakfast and the soda machine and I can't see any problem drinking $55 a day. The menus I have seen lately have all drinks at about $7 or more and through in a dollar tip or so each time and you have at least $8 per drink. That is between 6-7 drinks a day. Even less if you get wine at dinner which is about $12 a glass.

We love having the Ultimate and Premium Packages! I also like purchasing them before the cruise and paying them up before we get on our cruise, its nice not having that bar bill at the end.

For those who don't drink coffee, the Ultimate package will not be worth, but if you do having just two cups of any premium coffee you will get your $10 a day back.....I cannot understand how people don't buy the premium package unless they drink no alcohol or just one or two drinks a day.

If you drink 5 alcoholic drinks per day and figure out the tip and taxes, you will get your monies worth....if you drink the higher end drinks, more costly ones such as margaritas, long island iced teas, martini's and such, you will go way beyond the $55 per day.

Remember, not only does the premium include alcoholic drinks, it includes non alcoholic drinks, frozen drinks, fountain soda and water. Its like I said, I can't see how anybody not want this package, but to each their own I guess.

We love having the Ultimate and Premium Packages! I also like purchasing them before the cruise and paying them up before we get on our cruise, its nice not having that bar bill at the end.

For those who don't drink coffee, the Ultimate package will not be worth, but if you do having just two cups of any premium coffee you will get your $10 a day back.....I cannot understand how people don't buy the premium package unless they drink no alcohol or just one or two drinks a day.

If you drink 5 alcoholic drinks per day and figure out the tip and taxes, you will get your monies worth....if you drink the higher end drinks, more costly ones such as margaritas, long island iced teas, martini's and such, you will go way beyond the $55 per day.

Remember, not only does the premium include alcoholic drinks, it includes non alcoholic drinks, frozen drinks, fountain soda and water. Its like I said, I can't see how anybody not want this package, but to each their own I guess.

Agree. The only time I could see us not getting a package would be on a very port intensive cruise, like the Med, or even Alaska.

For a Caribbean cruise though, it seems like the way to go. Especially since it can be used on Coco Cay and Labadee.

Edited by jules815

We have a pre-dinner ritual of meeting up with our friends in the Champagne Bar for a few drinks most evenings. I found some receipts from our last cruise in one of my formal bags a few weeks ago. 4 Bellini's every night (2 each) adds up!

I don't ever remember feeling drunk on a cruise; we're not in our 20's either, we're in our early 50's. We eat a lot throughout the day too.

Edited by jules815

For our upcoming 5 day cruise I am going with the $40 a day package which includes soda, all beer and assorted other pre bottled drinks and wine less than 8. Thought this was a great deal even with ports

[quote name=gordiej

Because again, you need to do this every day of the cruise to hit breakeven. Of course you can do more one day and less another, but that's still a lot of drinking over the entire cruise. FWIW, the CDC defines heavy drinking as 15 or more drinks a week for men, or 8+ for women. On a 7 day cruise, you're talking about needing 35-42 to hit breakeven. Sure, it's vacation and you probably (?!) don't do it all the time, but no matter how you slice it, it's a lot of drinking in a week. Also, the USDA recommends not exceeding 1 drink per day for women or 2 per day for men.

CDC also recommends that women consume no more than 2000 calories a day and men 2500. And let's not forget about smoking because that's bad too.

The Premium package covers alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Plus it is very convenient without regard to breaking even. Though when you add up the waters and drinks it's seems pretty easy to get close.

Dan

For our upcoming 5 day cruise I am going with the $40 a day package which includes soda, all beer and assorted other pre bottled drinks and wine less than 8. Thought this was a great deal even with ports

Even that deal is a bargain

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Long Island Iced Teas - $9.50

Margarhita's average- $9.00

Martini's average- $950

Most drinks cost between $7.00-$8.50

Bloody Mary- $7.75

Mimosa's- $7.75

Bud light- $5.25

Wine averages $9.00

So if you drink 5 drinks I say its well worth getting the premium package, plus it includes non alcoholic drinks, fountain soda and bottled water.

Deely- I agree totally, I think its great that RC allows everybody in the cabin to choose the package that works for them individually.

Long Island Iced Teas - $9.50

Margarhita's average- $9.00

Martini's average- $950

Most drinks cost between $7.00-$8.50

Bloody Mary- $7.75

Mimosa's- $7.75

Bud light- $5.25

Wine averages $9.00

So if you drink 5 drinks I say its well worth getting the premium package, plus it includes non alcoholic drinks, fountain soda and bottled water.

Deely- I agree totally, I think its great that RC allows everybody in the cabin to choose the package that works for them individually.

My wife doesn't drink alcohol at all so this package is great for me. I can easily do 5 cocktails a day including 3-4 bottles of water. I'm on a 5 day cruise starting this Saturday so I plan on drinking and trying new drinks with this package

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On my upcoming cruise next week, my sister in law does not drink so she got the replenish package, my brother in law got the premium as he enjoys martini's.

Thats another good thing with this package, you can try new drinks. :)

I'll be on Rhapsody in a few weeks, does the replenish package 'speciality coffee' include latte's & espresso?

Yes, from the Cafe Latte-tudes venue and restaurants.

Thanks, Aerobaldness for your response from gordiej about Perspective Dear as that was in response to one of my post.

Not sure where they were going with that, but really do we need people telling us what the government agencies THINK what is best for ourselves?

Thanks, Aerobaldness for your response from gordiej about Perspective Dear as that was in response to one of my post.

Not sure where they were going with that, but really do we need people telling us what the government agencies THINK what is best for ourselves?

Your welcome. When I was researching the packages both here and on FB, it frustrated me that so many folks had to post their opinion on others health if they got the package, but I chose not to post anything then as I had not tried the package. Now that I have (and I know I shouldn't), I take it personally that someone is accusing me of being unhealthy. Next to the pride we have in our kids and each other, my wife (who also got the package) and I take great pride in our health. In fact, we had a few great morning runs together up on deck morning after partaking in the package and booked a private excursion that was a huge workout. Anyway, I apologize for the soapbox, as its not my message board style and, back to the topic at hand. I can't recall if I posted it here, but we had rough seas on day one and I tried a few tricks and a Makers Mark and Ginger Ale seemed to do the trick.