Hangers in Rooms

Are there hangers in the staterooms? If so, how many? Trying to decide if I should pack them or not. Thanks!

We will be on Oasis if that makes a difference.

Yes, 20-30 and you can ask for more. Enjoy! :)

I always have wire hangers in the front pocket of my suitcase and I always use them just because they're easier. The closet hangers are wooden and have no hook, but attach to thingies on the rod. They're a pain to rearrange. They're also thick and take up a lot of space.

When I unpack my tops, I just lay them flat on the bed on top of each other, slip a wire hanger into the neck of each one, pick up the whole pile by the hooks, and Voila! All ready to hang. Can't do that with bulky, hookless ship's hangers.

I've never had a cabin there there was more about 10 hangers in the closet -- mostly for pants. And yes, I've asked for extras. And I've still ended up using my wire hangers.

Just my experience... :)

I always have wire hangers in the front pocket of my suitcase and I always use them just because they're easier. The closet hangers are wooden and have no hook, but attach to thingies on the rod. They're a pain to rearrange. They're also thick and take up a lot of space.

When I unpack my tops, I just lay them flat on the bed on top of each other, slip a wire hanger into the neck of each one, pick up the whole pile by the hooks, and Voila! All ready to hang. Can't do that with bulky, hookless ship's hangers.

I've never had a cabin there there was more about 10 hangers in the closet -- mostly for pants. And yes, I've asked for extras. And I've still ended up using my wire hangers.

My experience too. We always bring wire hangers. They don't take up much room, and they are more convenient to use. Sometimes, I even pack my tops on the hangers, and then just pull them all out of my suitcase and into the closet

I always leave my dress clothes on hangers, cover them with a plastic dry cleaning bag and fold them in half on top of my packed clothes in the suitcase.

No wrinkles......just take them out and hang them up......works like a charm!!

I always leave my dress clothes on hangers, cover them with a plastic dry cleaning bag and fold them in half on top of my packed clothes in the suitcase.

No wrinkles......just take them out and hang them up......works like a charm!!

Ah, Dianne, great minds think alike! :D I do EXACTLY the same thing with my formal night dresses.

Another trick is to hang all my underwear. Yes, you read that right. Many years ago, I bought this hanging "hosiery holder" at Penney's that has 16 pockets on one side and 8 more + 1 huge pocket on the other. I roll up my undies and socks and can usually get 2 pairs in each pocket. Also room for bras, stockings, a mesh laundry bag and other small items.

On the ship, I hang it in the closet, with the mesh bag hanging from its hook so I can throw my dirties in it.

The thing is getting frail now, and I don't know what I'll do without it. I've seen others, but they're for jewelry and the pockets are too small. I love not needing drawer space for undies (not to mention avoiding bedbugs!:eek:)

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS! :eek:- Joan Crawford...From Mommies Dearest! :D

I got sent to the "naughty room" once on the Jewel coming out of Tampa.

The nefarious contraband? Wire hangers!! :eek:

After waiting in a long line for an hour to retrieve my bag, they quickly

realized they were just hangers, not some wired device, and let me

take my bag and my hangers with me.

Now I take plastic hangers. ;)

After waiting in a long line for an hour to retrieve my bag, they quickly

realized they were just hangers, not some wired device, and let me

take my bag and my hangers with me.

Now I take plastic hangers. ;)

Now that is SO Strange –

Been packing several items on wire hangers since I began traveling in the mid 70’s . I have NEVER been called to security on a cruise ship (many many cruises) , because of the wire hangers, and have NEVER had a suitcase questioned by TSA other US/ international security screening because of wire hangers.

Now, I often use some of the velvet/felt hangers as the hangers do not take up much space and items do not slip off

To the OP – there will be hangers, but as noted if there are not enough, you can ask for more.

enjoy

M

Now that is SO Strange –

Been packing several items on wire hangers since I began traveling in the mid 70’s . I have NEVER been called to security on a cruise ship (many many cruises) , because of the wire hangers, and have NEVER had a suitcase questioned by TSA other US/ international security screening because of wire hangers.

Now, I often use some of the velvet/felt hangers as the hangers do not take up much space and items do not slip off

To the OP – there will be hangers, but as noted if there are not enough, you can ask for more.

enjoy

M

Yes, indeed it was it strange. Almost laughable...though I was not really in a good mood

after that useless long wait in line, I still kept my sense of humor about it, even joking with

the crew members that realized the mistake. And yes, until then, I had taken wire hangers on all of my flights and cruises. And yes, I have been on "quite a few ;)" also.

I now take the plastic hangers due to many times not being able to find our cabin attendant

until later, so I am unable to ask for the extra hangers right away. I like to hang up our clothes

as soon as I get our luggage to try to convince the wrinkles to relax.

Edited by island lady

That's too funny! I keep my hangers in the front unlocked pocket of the suitcase so they're free to unzip it and see them. But if they're too stupid to recognize coat hangers on an x-ray, heaven help the U.S.A.

I use plastic hangers in my own closet, so my 2 dresses inside the suitcase are on those and have never had a problem.

The wire that used to get me routinely stopped in airports (even before 9/11) was SPIRAL-BOUND NOTEBOOKS. Now I carry nothing but bound notebooks. No wire.

And to the person who referenced Joan Crawford, Joan knew how great wire hangers work on chair hogs, line jumpers, theater seat reservers, obnoxious drunks, people who eat directly off the buffet, children, and anyone else who annoys you. (Just kidding!!! Don't flame me!!! :D:D:D)

Are there hangers in the staterooms? If so, how many? Trying to decide if I should pack them or not. Thanks!

We will be on Oasis if that makes a difference.

We do B2B Cruises so we always need extra hangers. I tell our Cabin Stewart we need extra hangers and we always get them while we are unpacking. We never bring them from home.

Let me just chime in and say your cabin attendant will bring any kind you want, and twice as many as you ask for. :) Only problem is it will probably not be when you are finished unpacking, but later when you return from lunch/muster/sail away etc...

I use a garment bag so my clothes are already on hangers, which makes unpacking extremely easy. My wife usually has plenty of hangers because I will only use one or two.

Enjoy your cruise...

Another trick is to hang all my underwear. Yes, you read that right. Many years ago, I bought this hanging "hosiery holder" at Penney's that has 16 pockets on one side and 8 more + 1 huge pocket on the other. I roll up my undies and socks and can usually get 2 pairs in each pocket. Also room for bras, stockings, a mesh laundry bag and other small items.

I love not needing drawer space for undies (not to mention avoiding bedbugs!:eek:)

LOVE the idea of hanging underwear. I keep mine in large plastic bags in the cabin drawers for sanitary reasons, but your idea is easier. I think a hanging cloth shoe bag will work, too. I have a mesh bag with several pockets in it that we use for toiletries and hang from hook in the bathroom. Maybe I can find another for "undies." I guess it's off to Dollar Tree before our next cruise. :D Thanks for the tip.

That's too funny! I keep my hangers in the front unlocked pocket of the suitcase so they're free to unzip it and see them. But if they're too stupid to recognize coat hangers on an x-ray, heaven help the U.S.A.

Yup, my thoughts also. In the bag that had the wire hangers, the only other

thing it contained, were clothes. So when they pulled up my bag as I got to

the front of the line to claim down it down at the naughty room, they ran it through

the X-ray in front of me. It was painfully obvious they were wire hangers. The

crew member just looked at me sheepishly and let me have the bag without opening

it. And yes, they were in the front pocket of the unlocked bag.

Scary security indeed! :eek: :p

Edited by island lady

We never take extra clothes hangers. There are always plenty in the cabins and we can ask for more if we wish. :)

LuLu

That is good that it works for you and some of the other posters. On 90% of our cruises,

we can't find our cabin attendant to ask for the extra hangers until much later in the day....hours

after our bags arrive. Taking my own (plastic only now ;) ) eliminates trying to track him/her down.

That is what works for us. To each their own. :)

Edited by island lady