Royal cancels 1/18/15 sailing

Just heard from my TA. confirmed my cruise has been cancelled. I'm so sad. Now I have to reschedule everything, lose my room that I REALLY wanted. I want to cry. My very first cruise and it's canceled

What happens when the cruise line themselves cancel??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

so it's time to book another one

Just heard from my TA. confirmed my cruise has been cancelled. I'm so sad. Now I have to reschedule everything, lose my room that I REALLY wanted. I want to cry. My very first cruise and it's canceled

What happens when the cruise line themselves cancel??

Royal usually gives you some sort of consideration towards another cruise. Could be OBC, percentage discount on fares, rebooking another cruise at your same rate, etc. They should contact you with details.

At least you have a good length of time to prepare for the change. Imagine how folks feel when their cruise gets cancelled with very short notice as happened to folks when Allure went into an unscheduled repair of its center pod.

At least you have a good length of time to prepare for the change. Imagine how folks feel when their cruise gets cancelled with very short notice as happened to folks when Allure went into an unscheduled repair of its center pod.

I can't even imagine. That's awful.

What does royal usually do for all those passengers who have booked, paid for flights, shuttles, hotels etc? What happens when someone has picked a particular room and is not available on the next available itinerary?

Its my first trip, so yeah to me its a PIA to have to reschedule everything I've already done outside of just the cruise.

PIA? Maybe but it's not like you canceled for a bogus reason or medical emergency. At some point in time we all have to or will have to reschedule a vacation. Disappointing yes, the end of the world no. You will have a better idea now than you did of how things work when you reschedule. Sorry with all the other issues in the world right now being upset about this to me seems petty. There are people where I'm at dealing with the aftermath of tornadoes no homes loss if life. That's something to be upset over.

Its my first trip, so yeah to me its a PIA to have to reschedule everything I've already done outside of just the cruise.

Take a deep breath, and don't make any hasty decisions. Wait until you hear what RCI is offering as compensation before you rebook.

I agree, if you've already booked hotel, air, etc., it's a nuisance. We had a cruise get cancelled (for repairs) about three weeks before we were due to sail, and trying to get everything undone and rescheduled to salvage vacation was a pain!

What does royal usually do for all those passengers who have booked, paid for flights, shuttles, hotels etc? What happens when someone has picked a particular room and is not available on the next available itinerary?

I believe in that particular instance with the Allure they were offered an equivalent room for their booked price on their choice of the nearby Florida-departing ships, and possibly OBC, but I may be mistaken.

you have like 7 months to find a cruise, why is the room you got such a big deal, they have 1000 other rooms just like it??

There are people where I'm at dealing with the aftermath of tornadoes no homes loss if life. That's something to be upset over.

We could ALL recall instances where people arent doing well now or are less fortunate.

The OP is new to cruising and is a little upset that her cruise got cancelled. While its not the end of the world for sure, do you REALLY have to be rude?

PIA? Maybe but it's not like you canceled for a bogus reason or medical emergency. At some point in time we all have to or will have to reschedule a vacation. Disappointing yes, the end of the world no. You will have a better idea now than you did of how things work when you reschedule. Sorry with all the other issues in the world right now being upset about this to me seems petty. There are people where I'm at dealing with the aftermath of tornadoes no homes loss if life. That's something to be upset over.

You know what? I think the tornadoes and their aftermath are horrific -- definitely something to be upset about. However, this is a cruise board, and if someone's upset about something they have every right to vent and ask questions about it here. Is a cancelled cruise terrible in the big picture? No, but that's not the purpose of Cruise Critic.

You know what? I think the tornadoes and their aftermath are horrific -- definitely something to be upset about. However, this is a cruise board, and if someone's upset about something they have every right to vent and ask questions about it here. Is a cancelled cruise terrible in the big picture? No, but that's not the purpose of Cruise Critic.

I totally agree!

We could ALL recall instances where people arent doing well now or are less fortunate.

The OP is new to cruising and is a little upset that her cruise got cancelled. While its not the end of the world for sure, do you REALLY have to be rude?

Thank you!

With this logic none of us in any 1st world country should ever complain about anything :rolleyes:.

OP, I'm sorry your 1st cruise was cancelled. I know if mine had been it would have been a huge PIA since it involved 11 family members traveling from as far away as China.

Ummm...this is a cruise message board...while I do have sympathy for the people that lose homes with disasters, I don't think about them when I'm viewing the RCCL cruise message board...Focus....

I don't believe the OP called anything the end of the world...just let him/her vent and help where you can.....

So in your context anyone that expresses disappointment about a cruise is being petty? :rolleyes: