room service

esimon

Info please on breakfast room service

My last HAL cruise I found the breakfast room service to be not really reliable - out of 7 days maybe 3 days we got coffee or breakfast when requested -- Once not at all before our excursion

Currently what have you all found to be the case

Room service has never let us down. Maybe on busy port days when everyone is ordering coffee before a certain time, it may be too busy.

Most of these days a letter arrives the night before to inform passengers.

In 2 days we will be on-board and look forward waking up with all the goodies :D

I have never had any problems with Room Service. Often, they arrive at the beginning of the time period requested. Food has been at the appropriate temperature.

One ought to be certain that you request everything that you want, i.e. salt, pepper, sugar, etc. It should be routinely on the tray, but sometimes it is not unless you specifically order it.

Never had a problem with room service once in the whole 10 days of our recent cruise. We have room service breakfast probably about 6 out of 10 days. The orders have always been correct and the food was always hot and on time.

I have never had any problems with Room Service. Often, they arrive at the beginning of the time period requested. Food has been at the appropriate temperature.

One ought to be certain that you request everything that you want, i.e. salt, pepper, sugar, etc. It should be routinely on the tray, but sometimes it is not unless you specifically order it.

I agree completely. Nearly every breakfast is via Room Service and sometimes followed by a trip to the Waffle Station in the Lido Restaurant. All food has been at the proper temperature and usually delivered within five minutes of the requested early delivery time. A pot of coffee was once forgotten but retrieved within five minutes followed by profuse apologies.

Edited by Crew News

Just had a look at the Room Service menu online and I notice there are no beverages mentioned.

We enjoy a cup of tea - can we order a pot of tea, jug of milk and cups and saucers from room service? If so, do we have to specify the type of tea?

We ordered tea after our meal at a 5* hotel in Canada last year and the waitress bought some flowery organic herb tea.

Just had a look at the Room Service menu online and I notice there are no beverages mentioned.

We enjoy a cup of tea - can we order a pot of tea, jug of milk and cups and saucers from room service? If so, do we have to specify the type of tea?

We ordered tea after our meal at a 5* hotel in Canada last year and the waitress bought some flowery organic herb tea.

Write the type of tea, type of milk, sugar etc on the order card.

Although not on the regular Room Service Menu (beverages are on the Breakfast Menu card), you can call Room Service 24/7 to order coffee, milk, and tea (specify what type). Make sure you specify how many cups and saucers that you need. We have done this many times.

Edited by Crew News

Word of caution here... HAL uses the smaller type (2 cups at the most) insulated carafes for the hot water for tea so if you want more than that make certain you either write it in on the door menu card or tell them when you call. On the door card I put a "4" next to the tea and that gets me 2 pots of the hot water and 4 tea bags.

They have pg tips. I'm a tea drinker. Make sure you ask for black tea, sugar and creamer.

what we got was never the problem -- always hot and fresh but very late one day and missed us all together another.

Expecting better things this time

Thanks for all the input