Suites with separated bedroom?

sunshine nana

We have cruised Princess in mini-suites and been happy with the extra room, but now we are looking for a suite with a sleeping area separated by a door (as on Celebrity suites and above on Celebrity) or some of the suites on NCL. Even a curtain around the bed as NCL romance suites have would help. Does Princess have such a suite for just 2 people? I can't seem to find a suite like that in their literature. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Go to the Princess website http://www.princess.com/.

Select Cruise Ships from the Learn About Cruising drop down menu.

Pick whichever ship you are interested in.

Click on Staterooms and look at the photos. On a couple I've looked at it apppears there is a curtain or a pull-across divider that closes off the bedroom.

It seems to be different depending on which ship you look at.

Thanks for the reply. I already did that before I posted the 1st post and saw where maybe there is a track for a curtain, but did not see a pulled curtain. For the same price for a 5 night in a Princess suite that is all one room, we can get a Celebrity Suite with a real separated bedroom. This is on the Caribbean Princess compared to Celebrity Constellation in March 2015. Celebrity has sky suites that are just a larger cabin and bathroom like a Princess mini, but also has suites that are truly more than one room. I was hoping Princess had the same.

Go to the Princess website http://www.princess.com/.

Select Cruise Ships from the Learn About Cruising drop down menu.

Pick whichever ship you are interested in.

Click on Staterooms and look at the photos. On a couple I've looked at it apppears there is a curtain or a pull-across divider that closes off the bedroom.

It seems to be different depending on which ship you look at.

Most vista suites and above have a heavy curtain that separates the living room from bedroom and they do become distinct with the curtain and the way the suite is built (with a center built-in TV cabinet on both sides). We've experienced this on the grand class and island/coral class.

Edited by Luvmyrotti

The Royal's OS have a door instead of the curtain between the living area and the bedroom but I did not care for it at all. When the sofa is open, there is NO room to move around. I was in a couple other suites but don't remember if there was a door or not.

The only suite with a true separate bedroom is the grand suite. But not all ships have them. They are wonderful but very very expensive.

The suites on the Ocean and Pacific also have a heavy curtain that you can pull to separate the bedroom from the living room plus there is a half bath which is great when you have more than two people (or when one of the two is a bathroom hog!). I am not 100% sure about the foreward suites but in the aft ones even with the sofa bed pulled out there is plenty of room to walk around.

The Sea Princess has beautiful aft suites. The bedroom is separated by a heavy curtain. I believe she is based in Australia/New Zealand right now.

Yes, this is the case on her sister, the Sun Princess, as well. Fabulous aft suites.

The aft facing Vista Suites on the Star and the Golden also have a curtain for a divider.

These suites have worked well for two people.

Enjoy:)

Most vista suites and above have a heavy curtain that separates the living room from bedroom and they do become distinct with the curtain and the way the suite is built (with a center built-in TV cabinet on both sides). We've experienced this on the grand class and island/coral class.

We agree with this post! On our last 3 cruises, we have had PH Suites and loved the ability to pull the curtain when I got up for coffee before the DW decided to join me. Love the "Suite Life"! ;)

Going to book an Aft Suite on our next cruise!!!:D

As others have posted, in most suites, other than window suites, there is a heavy curtain that can be used to separate the bedroom portion from the sitting area. There is a TV on both sides and separate thermostats. Our DD joined us in a penthouse suite on the Emerald. She likes room temperatures significantly warmer than we do and at night time she was able to keep her side at least five degrees warmer. We were all happy :)

I have not been in suites or mini-suites on the Royal. The mini-suites appear to have similar curtains to suites on other ships. In addition to the post about the S2 owner's suites, I have seen photos of the forward S5 suites and they also have a door between the bedroom and the sitting area. The sitting area in those suites appear to be larger than the significantly more expensive S2 suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I had an S2 suite on Royal Princess on April 6 and friends we were traveling with had an S5. Actually, the sitting area of both was identical--it was the bedroom of the S5 that was huge and had a magnificent forward view. The higher price of the S2 is no doubt due to the huge wrap around balcony--which unfortunately was pretty much unusable because there was no shade except early morning and late afternoon, and also a daily dusting of oily soot. The S5 balcony was long and very narrow--but well shaded and clean.

I had an S2 suite on Royal Princess on April 6 and friends we were traveling with had an S5. Actually, the sitting area of both was identical--it was the bedroom of the S5 that was huge and had a magnificent forward view. The higher price of the S2 is no doubt due to the huge wrap around balcony--which unfortunately was pretty much unusable because there was no shade except early morning and late afternoon, and also a daily dusting of oily soot. The S5 balcony was long and very narrow--but well shaded and clean.
Thanks for comments from someone who has seen both. Photos can be deceiving.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Grand Suite on the Caribbean Princess Has a separate Bedroom which is actually a separate room from the rest of the suite. The main part of the suite has the living area and the dining area as well as the wetbar and powder room. Cabin A750