"Buy one get one 1/2 off" for Europeans?

Is there anyone in Europe that has been able to benefit from the "Buy one get one 1/2 off" - deal?

In the fine print it states that "Offer available to residents of the United States or Canada", on the other hand it states that "Offer applies to new individual and named group bookings only" and several people have been able to get the deal on existing bookings.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=mybg_2_tctclp_gt5_dlsprm_cntntr_8549&pagename=may_bogo_offer

Well even if I have done that before (one in that cruise party lives in the U.S and he did the bookings), that´s not an option this time.

When you book a travel package in Sweden (flights and cruise/hotel) you are automatically protected by a "travel insurance" (can´t find the right english word for it). I don´t want to lose that.

Is there anyone in Europe that has been able to benefit from the "Buy one get one 1/2 off" - deal?

In the fine print it states that "Offer available to residents of the United States or Canada", on the other hand it states that "Offer applies to new individual and named group bookings only" and several people have been able to get the deal on existing bookings.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=mybg_2_tctclp_gt5_dlsprm_cntntr_8549&pagename=may_bogo_offer

I am surprised that someone hasn't filed a law suit against RCCL for "Discrimination against Europeans". Totally out of order :D

Well even if I have done that before (one in that cruise party lives in the U.S and he did the bookings), that´s not an option this time.

When you book a travel package in Sweden (flights and cruise/hotel) you are automatically protected by a "travel insurance" (can´t find the right english word for it). I don´t want to lose that.

That would be the trade off. Book in Sweeden and pay the higher price and get the insurance or book through the US and get the lower price and purchase your own insurance.

In the Uk its called ABTA OR IATA.

your probably wondering why so many Pinnacle members are USA based.

Simple answer they nearly always live within 5 miles of one of the ports and they mind deck 1 or bilges if available, inside cabins at 50c per night [emoji33][emoji23][emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be the trade off. Book in Sweeden and pay the higher price and get the insurance or book through the US and get the lower price and purchase your own insurance.

The poster in Sweden does not mean personal travel insurance but something else that is required of TAs in Europe to cover companies going bust or bad experiences.

"I am surprised that someone hasn't filed a law suit against RCCL for "Discrimination against Europeans". Totally out of order"

Just came off the Adventure this past weekend so was on it when my fellow American travellers were alerted to this BOGO offer. You can Imagine the rush to the Future Cruise desk !!

Of I went to the Future Cruise desk to be told that it was only for Americans and Canadians. Also was told that the price that appears in the UK's brochure is set by the UK office and has nothing to do with their head office in Miami .

Never seen a more blatant case of discrimination:mad:

Ian

"I am surprised that someone hasn't filed a law suit against RCCL for "Discrimination against Europeans". Totally out of order"

Just came off the Adventure this past weekend so was on it when my fellow American travellers were alerted to this BOGO offer. You can Imagine the rush to the Future Cruise desk !!

Of I went to the Future Cruise desk to be told that it was only for Americans and Canadians. Also was told that the price that appears in the UK's brochure is set by the UK office and has nothing to do with their head office in Miami .

Ian

As there isn't a UK office any more, I can't see how they can use that excuse! :rolleyes:

Ian

Us too, just off Adventure this weekend and as usual, the numerous flyers from the Future Cruise personnel (3 members of staff to cope with the demand) said reduced deposits of $100 pp (approx £63). Does that apply to UK bookers? Heck no, that'll be £300 (approx $480) for the 2 of you thank you!

It's quite disappointing to see that friends you are sailing with making savings on existing bookings (not new, but existing bookings made months ago) amounting to hundreds of $ (although pleased for them), only to see the UK prices increase!

I have said it before - use a US based TA. Australia has more consumer protections also, but I feel the risk of Royal going bust is pretty low so I'm prepared to take that chance and get better deals!

But if the offer is only available to residents of the United States or Canada, is it enough only to use TA in US? I might consider that option in the future. :)

Last month there was an offer in the Finnish website (I think also in other European websites?): 200 euros off per cabin (balcony). Our family saved 600 euros. :)

Edited by Eliisa77

Extra Kim check your RCL web price then go onto the RCL US and check their price.

Just priced a Vision TA in 2015 for a D1 on the UK site at both persons at full price compared to the US site one at full price and one at 50% off.

UK site is $259 cheaper

Do not be fooled.

Extra Kim check your RCL web price then go onto the RCL US and check their price.

Just priced a Vision TA in 2015 for a D1 on the UK site at both persons at full price compared to the US site one at full price and one at 50% off.

UK site is $259 cheaper

Do not be fooled.

Trojan, every time I try to get on the RCI.com US website, I'm automatically redirected to the UK site. Do you have a specific website address please?

Trojan, every time I try to get on the RCI.com US website, I'm automatically redirected to the UK site. Do you have a specific website address please?

Cariad, google rci miami contact details, the link it gives you will take you to the US site, you can look at prices but not book.

Hi

If you want to book direct with RCI US you can book through their international department no problem here is the info from the website

If you are outside the US or Canada:

Reserve your Royal Caribbean Vacation

by calling our Certified Vacation Planners

at the International reservations desk or

send us an e-mail: reservationroyal@rccl.com

Hours of operation: Mon-Fri, 8am to 8pm EST

Sunday, 9am to 6pm EST

+1 (305) 341-0204

Booked and had to cancel with them no problem full refund and confirmed with them that we could take advantage of price drops if applicable.

Ian

I thought the UK office had been closed down?

UK site is $259 cheaper

Do not be fooled.

DH did that too, but there was an exact difference. Went to UK site and booked Liberty Canada for Aug. 2015 and when he took 1/2 off 2nd guest, it matched the US BOGOHO price after converting pounds to dollars. So, for that cruise, it is BOGOHO in the US and full price in UK. It's a shame that they can't get the promotion.

It was the vision of Aug 2015 in an OV room for 4 that I priced up and the US deal was over £800 cheaper. uk £3928 and the US was $5667 with OBC OF $525 = base cost of $5142 about £3116 on the exchange I have charged my fairfx at to pay. Not to be sniffed at - that should cover our bar and some diy trips.

Edited by fragilek

I thought the UK office had been closed down?

Their call centre is closed. Their office is open. How do I know. Just off the adventure Sunday past, whilst on board upgraded to a balcony at a cost of £600, yes £600.

In at my travel agent today asking her to call RCCL. she did this but I ended up talking to the call centre in Guatemala, albeit the lady was sympathetic to my cause, I was looking for the $200 OBC that was being offered on the ship,

she told me that she had spoken with the UK office and that there was nothing they could offer.

The American lady was very apologetic for not being able to assist me.

This appears to show that RCCL UK are not playing on a level playing field

Not a happy bear:confused:

But if the offer is only available to residents of the United States or Canada, is it enough only to use TA in US? I might consider that option in the future. :)

Last month there was an offer in the Finnish website (I think also in other European websites?): 200 euros off per cabin (balcony). Our family saved 600 euros. :)

I'm in Mexico and my TA must book through a US TA, since we do get the BOGOHO promotion (and most other ones). Maybe you can find a TA in your country that does it like that?

We are booked through a US agent and have got the discount and we were also able to buy next cruise certificates on board our last cruise which means we only had to pay a deposit of €100 pp - we have had a price drop of nearly $1100 on the two cabins that we have booked