What if price drop after 50% off sale?

Hello...I hope I word this correctly so it makes sense.

Normally, once you pay your cruise deposit, and find out that your cruise has dropped in price, you can contact RCCL, and receive the lower price up until you make final payment as many times as your cruise might drop.

How does it work now with the 50% off 2nd person sale. We booked our cruise in april while onboard the Explorer. Then, the other night, I called, and received the lower price with the 50% off sale, and saved $1,200 total on our next cruise.

My confirmation now shows the regular price under my name, and the 50% off price under my wife's name.

For example, if the price right now is $1,500 under my name, and, $750 under her name, and the price goes down to say $1,300 each, am I allowed to then get the new $1,300 price, and she doesn't since her 1/2 price cruise was only $750? Of, won't they allow this to work out this way?

Sorry for being so long winded. Thanks for the help.

Dave

If it was before the 50% off sale expired then they would lower yours to $1300 and hers to $650. After the sale however the adjustment wouldn't be in your favor because they would put both fares at $1300. The price would have to drop below $1125 before you would benefit

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A normal price reduction obviously isn't going to drop to the level of the 50% off that the 2nd person has received. So, when you say they would reprice both people, are you saying if the price dropped from $1500 to $1300, but the 2nd person at half off was at $750, then her price would jump back up to the $1300 price? Or does her price remain the same, and my price only drops?

When you take advantage of a price drop before the final payment, you effectively cancel and re-book. If the total is less than the original booking, then by all means do it. You could lose a bit of Crown and Anchor discount, etc. But you need to look at the bottom line and take the best deal.

my BOGOHO total (with all discounts) cruise $1003.00....divided by 2... roughly $501.50 p/p.

So any price drops would have to be less than that total ($1003.00) any way they cut it, For me to consider repricing that cruise. Hope I explained that somewhat;)

A normal price reduction obviously isn't going to drop to the level of the 50% off that the 2nd person has received. So, when you say they would reprice both people, are you saying if the price dropped from $1500 to $1300, but the 2nd person at half off was at $750, then her price would jump back up to the $1300 price? Or does her price remain the same, and my price only drops?

If the price dropped to $1300 BOGOHO, then you would pay 1300 + 650.

If the price dropped to $1300 pp no BOGOHO, then you would each pay 1300.

If you get a price drop, they will reprice everyone in the cabin, including 3rds and 4ths, if the prices are different than what you originally booked at.

If the price dropped to $1300 BOGOHO, then you would pay 1300 + 650.

If the price dropped to $1300 pp no BOGOHO, then you would each pay 1300.

If you get a price drop, they will reprice everyone in the cabin, including 3rds and 4ths, if the prices are different than what you originally booked at.

Precisely.... That is detailed right in the fine print of the deal. It is unlikely that the cruises that I got the Bogo deal will ever drop cheaper than the deal 'total' price. But, if they add a discount for senior, military or residence, those would apply to the already low price. At least that is my understanding of it.

Precisely.... That is detailed right in the fine print of the deal. It is unlikely that the cruises that I got the Bogo deal will ever drop cheaper than the deal 'total' price. But, if they add a discount for senior, military or residence, those would apply to the already low price. At least that is my understanding of it.

Don't be so sure. Many price drops can be significant within a month to two weeks out from a cruise date. That is typically after final payment, so you wouldn't get the money back, but can possibly upsell. Any senior, military or resident discount will apply to the going rate at the time, so if it is after the BOGO sale is over, your cruise is repriced to what it is that day and they will apply which ever discount applies to you that you are claiming.

Relevant sections of the Terms & Conditions.

"... Offer is combinable with standard/full fare rates and Crown & Anchor discounts and benefits. Offer not combinable with restricted rates (including, but not limited to, seniors, residents, military), Interline, Travel Agent Rates, and Net Rates..."

"...After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer..."

You are no longer eligible for restricted rate discounts at all or price changes after the sale (Offer) period, May1-31, 2014.

But, if they add a discount for senior, military or residence, those would apply to the already low price. At least that is my understanding of it.

So no, they wouldn't apply to your discounted booking.

Edited by Coralc

Senior, military, police or residence rates cannot be combined with the BOGOHO price.

I am booked on the allure for 2015. If I call in will I get the 50% off my second passenger?

This is only my second cruise. So any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Mix- not sure when the promo ends, but look at their website; pretend you are booking your cruise again and see what price comes up ...if the price is lower then the deal is still happening, and you should call your TA immediately in a the AM, or if you booked on line or by calling Royal, call them directly. Ask them if you can benefit from the BOGOHO sale. If you are sailing in the traditionally pricey Allure, there is a good chance you could save a lot!

I am booked on the allure for 2015. If I call in will I get the 50% off my second passenger?

Thank you

Yes. Your savings will depend on what you booked at vs what the prices are currently. It's worth calling to check.

Thank you

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :D Try a dummy booking of your cruise with the same stateroom category and sailing date, and see if the price is lower than your already booked confirmation price.

If it is, you might be able to take advantage of the sale/offer. :)