Australian Visa?

corpkid

I see a line item for our Australia visa on our cruise invoice ($69 ea). We are arriving in Sydney a week before our sailing. Will Oceania send us the Visas or do we need to do anything before leaving? Just don't want to get hung up at AUS customs.

Thanks!

The best way to get an Australian visa is online (only $20). Here is a link https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETA/etas.jsp?tub=&submit=apply . Oceania charges three times the amount because of they process it. We got a visa online for our January, 2014 trip to Australia - kept the paperwork with us and was never asked for it because it was tied to our passport. When we entered the country and passport control scanned the passport, they knew immediately that we had a visa.

Save yourself some $$$ and do it yourself:)

Well that's done! Took about 2 minutes per visa and was $20pp (AUS - really $18.55 in USD). Gotta love the internet! :) Thanks again!!!

Edited by corpkid

Actually you can do your visa for half that price, only $9.95 AUD from http://easyeta.com/

Know it sounds strange to be less expensive from a private company than the Australian Government but, they are for real and used them last year as did many others on our cruise and nary a problem.

Best price in town for your electronic Australian Visa.

Wow, thanks for sharing that. Unfortunately I already processed ours via the AUS gov't site (and hey - compared to my $300 Brazilian visa $18 is nothing to shake a stick at! :)) I'll let my roll call know about these options as I agree, $70 via Oceania is just a rip off. Thanks again.

Wow, thanks for sharing that. Unfortunately I already processed ours via the AUS gov't site (and hey - compared to my $300 Brazilian visa $18 is nothing to shake a stick at! :)) I'll let my roll call know about these options as I agree, $70 via Oceania is just a rip off. Thanks again.

How long is the Australian Visa good for? We don't leave until February.

Actually you can do your visa for half that price, only $9.95 AUD from http://easyeta.com/

Know it sounds strange to be less expensive from a private company than the Australian Government but, they are for real and used them last year as did many others on our cruise and nary a problem.

Just applied and received the Visa this morning. That had to be the easiest visa application ever and the cheapest. Thanks so much for link.

The only cruise I did Oceania visa's with was from Cape Town to Singapore. There was a possibility of not making it to certain ports, and I did not want to pay for a visa that I would not use. Also, for some countries we had to send our passports to Washington, DC which was outrageous to me so it was less stressful for Oceania to do the visa. I know for China, I am going to do my own visa, as I can get it locally and it much more reasonable to do it on my own.

We used them in Feb. of this year and it was perfect. All on line, no paperwork.