Dinner with the Capt

I'm sure that this has happened- perhaps there is a friend of the Capt. on board, or a VIP guest. However, the Captain, in my experience, at least, usually presides over a full table of invited guests.

I would think if it is private (personal and not publicly expressed), no one is going to tell you.

Love your sense of humor on other posts.

This is so very true. Not something anyone would post on the internet ... nor about any Senior Officer.

LuLu

Oh Rick???????? Where are you??????

I know someone who is a personal friend of Cpt Johnnie and has dined with him privately....I tried to horn in on that in Cozumel.....frown...they put the cone of shame on me:(

My gf and I had dinner at Chops on Oasis in January and were asked by the maitre D if we had plans the next night. He asked if we'd like to have dinner with Capt Dahlgren and we said 'sure!'. We figured it would be a massive table with a 3rd officer or something but it was in the MDR with the Captain, his assisstant and 2 other couples. Very interesting and a real treat.

I (we)'ve dined with the Captain at a group table a couple of times

we've enjoyed private conversation with the Captain in a lounge in the evening several times

we've been invited to join the Captain to their favorite port call hide away a couple of times

AS Captain, I usually dined alone .... had my own cook and dining table in "the cabin"

......probably his wife and he has private dinners.......or come to think of it the captain of the Costa Concordia was having a "private" dinner with an un-named "blonde"........:cool:

haha , lucky him or her which ever way you want to look at it.

give the capt a few glasses of vintage wine and you never know where it might lead

We were invited to dinner with the hotel director on Enchantment a few years ago. :)

.......were the table napkins folded like animals at your table when you arrived?...........occupational habit on the directors part I would suspect.....:D

.......were the table napkins folded like animals at your table when you arrived?...........occupational habit on the directors part I would suspect.....:D

Nope, don't recall any such thing, LOL.

It was nice though. Champagne before dinner, a separate multi course menu from MDR, wine included throughout the meal, and an artfully presented dessert. Another officer joined the table as well but I don't recall his exact title. Hotel director who invited us was Michael Rasmussen as best I recall.