Junior Suite vs. Balcony? Help Deciding

I have a sailing planned on Navigator of the Seas, which will be our first time sailing RC. I'm looking for help deciding on which cabin to book - a Junior Suite or a Deluxe Balcony? We're currently booked in a JS, but trying to decide if it's worth the extra $950 and if it is, why? Thanks in advance for any help.

How many in the cabin? We LOVE a JS...it's most like a hotel-sized room. The bathroom is larger, because of the tub...and the walk-in closet is great! Plenty of storage! And, since the room is wider, so is the balcony. But, whether a thou is worth it to you is up to your pocketbook!!!

I have a sailing planned on Navigator of the Seas, which will be our first time sailing RC. I'm looking for help deciding on which cabin to book - a Junior Suite or a Deluxe Balcony? We're currently booked in a JS, but trying to decide if it's worth the extra $950 and if it is, why? Thanks in advance for any help.

That would be too much of a difference for me for a typical 7 day Caribbean cruise.

I cruise with my Mother and we almost always book a Junior Suite. We usually snag a pretty good deal with either a senior discount or military discount. We like it because:

1) Larger room. With our beds separated into 2 beds, makes for more room.

2) Larger bathroom with a tub. Not that either of us take baths, but the larger shower in tub is nice.

3) Best part - walk-in closet with plenty of room for 2 women, all our clothes and enough room to store all our suitcases. And still enough room in closet to use as a dressing room.

Hope this helps some.

Sue

Edited by suebcoop

How many in the cabin? We LOVE a JS...it's most like a hotel-sized room. The bathroom is larger, because of the tub...and the walk-in closet is great! Plenty of storage! And, since the room is wider, so is the balcony. But, whether a thou is worth it to you is up to your pocketbook!!!

Thanks for the reply, it's just my husband and I. Since it is our first time on this ship, I wasn't sure if we'd be in the room enough to enjoy it or spending time exploring the ship!

Normally with a junior suite you get priority boarding which is nice since it looks like you're traveling from IL. You also get double points so if you stick with Royal it moves you up the chain faster. We always ask ourselves if we can take another 7nt cruise for the price difference.

That would be too much of a difference for me for a typical 7 day Caribbean cruise.

Good to know!

I cruise with my Mother and we almost always book a Junior Suite. We usually snag a pretty good deal with either a senior discount or military discount. We like it because:

1) Larger room. With our beds separated into 2 beds, makes for more room.

2) Larger bathroom with a tub. Not that either of us take baths, but the larger shower in tub is nice.

3) Best part - walk-in closet with plenty of room for 2 women, all our clothes and enough room to store all our suitcases. And still enough room in closet to use as a dressing room.

Hope this helps some.

Sue

Thanks for the input :)

I used to book JS, but as I got older and started taking longer cruises across the oceans with more chance of motion, I found it became more difficult to get in and out of the tub showers. I would much rather take a stall shower.

On the other side of the coin I am not getting as many C&A points for booking the balcony instead of the JS, but sometimes I can get a great corner aft cabin with a balcony booking

I have never booked a JS but am trying one for my cruise in August. Since I am a solo cruiser don't know how many points will be added to my C&A account. It was only 80.00 more for a 12 day cruise do decided to try it. Excited to experience it!

DW will not sail unless I book a JS, she likes the tub, larger room, extra storage space, and the larger balcony. As for me I can order room service meals and not feel like I'm camping out.

I usually do a js and the big thing about the tub is the line that goes across where you can hang your wet bathing suits.

They also have those in the shower stalls - though obviously not as long.

To me, the JS is not worth that extra money, its just a bit more space, a bathtub (I like to shower and like the enclosed shower instead of standing in a bathtub taking it) and just a couple chairs more just not worth the extra $950 to me, besides, RC doesn't give you any special perks, you may get priority boarding but we are at the ship early am and always one of the first groups to get on the ship anyways.

If you are going to spend a lot of time in your cabin or the balcony then I have to say it could be worth it, but if you be spending the "average" time on the balcony definitely not worth the extra money, that money can be used for the tips and a drink package and/or other items for your trip.

JS staterooms are great, but almost a thousand dollars is a lot of money. Personally, I would not do it for that much with only two people in the cabin, but if you can easily swing it, then go for it!!! JMO and enjoy your cruise.:)

I really like the room in a JS, but for 2 people, I usually just end up booking a D. Are there a lot of JS left? Keep watching the JS prices and upgrade when you see a price drop.

Yes, there are JS left, so this is a great idea.

JS staterooms are great, but almost a thousand dollars is a lot of money. Personally, I would not do it for that much with only two people in the cabin, but if you can easily swing it, then go for it!!! JMO and enjoy your cruise.:)

Thanks!