How long before getting cruise credit?

dickinson

Our next big cruise will put us at Platinum level so we thought maybe we would take a 4 day cruise before it (with 2-3 days in between) so we could have the free internet minutes for the big cruise. I was talking with a TA getting pricing and was told that it can take 4-6 weeks to get credited with that short cruise. Is that correct? Any way around it? Thanks.

The TA you spoke with was wrong. It takes 24-48 hours. Saying that, ship cards seem to be prepared well in advance of a cruise, and it's hard to say exactly when, but I think that immediately following the start of the prior cruise is a good guess. So, as along as you have 24-48 hours, you're Captains Circle account will reflect your Platinum level, and you can talk with the CC host about getting a new, Platinum card printed, even if the card you're issued when you board is Ruby.

ETA: The cards are not an exact science, but the cruise history in your CC account is, after 24-48 hours. We went through a period, during a series of B2B cruises, where our cruise count suddenly dropped by three cruises instead of increasing. It never reflected the correct number for the rest of our winter, but our CC account always did, so we didn't stress it.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

I agree... your TA doesn't know what they're talking about. As said, after disembarking, your Captain's Circle account will be updated within 24-48 hours. Just go to the Captain's Circle host to get your account updated if it isn't by the time you board the next cruise. Also, go to the Passenger Services Desk to get new cards. A suggestion is to bring your old cruise cards with you. :)

Edited by Pam in CA

The 'official' answer is 4-6 weeks, to allow for problems. It USUALLY happens a lot faster, but if there is an issue in posting, their response will be, sorry but it can take up to 6 weeks to post.

Thanks all. This is not a regular TA of mine (I don't have one). We were thinking that maybe before our 15 day Hawaii cruise we would just fly in to LA a little early (isn't retirement great?) and take the 4 day cruise so we would be Platinum for the Hawaii cruise and get some free internet minutes. Of course it is less expensive to just purchase those minutes but we figured we could see what it was like cruising in a less expensive cabin along with also spending a day in San Diego (Ensenada is the other port but that is also on the Hawaii cruise. I hear one day there is enough).

So therefore it sounds like we should have no problem talking with the cc desk to make sure things are updated so we would get the internet minutes , am I correct?

Just be prepared to not have priority boarding. The exact same scenario happened to me. In 2012, I went on 2 cruises to Hawaii. At the end of the first cruise, we were platinum. A few days later, upon embarkation, we still received gold cruise cards and were denied platinum embarkation. The next day, we went to the CC hostess, who took care of everything, including giving us new cruise cards.

Depending on your interests, I can easily fill 2-3 days in San Diego for you....

Thanks all. This is not a regular TA of mine (I don't have one). We were thinking that maybe before our 15 day Hawaii cruise we would just fly in to LA a little early (isn't retirement great?) and take the 4 day cruise so we would be Platinum for the Hawaii cruise and get some free internet minutes. Of course it is less expensive to just purchase those minutes but we figured we could see what it was like cruising in a less expensive cabin along with also spending a day in San Diego (Ensenada is the other port but that is also on the Hawaii cruise. I hear one day there is enough).

So therefore it sounds like we should have no problem talking with the cc desk to make sure things are updated so we would get the internet minutes , am I correct?

Depending on your interests, I can easily fill 2-3 days in San Diego for you....

Thanks Loonbeam but the 2-3 days would be in LA. The 4 day cruise has San Diego as a port of call.

We were on a 14 day Alaska cruise booked as such. It actually was 2 seven day cruises, my husband changed status after the first leg, when we received the cruise cards for the second leg they were Platinum. We didn't request this, it just happened. So my guess is there will be no problem.