Port Everglades to West Palm Airport Same Day??

EOSapril11

Hi, I am not new to cruising, but am new to flying & cruising! In order to save $1200 on our flight (we need a direct flight) we need to fly out of West Palm on a Sunday--which is the same day as disembarking.

Is it doable to catch a 5:20pm flight out of West Palm? I've been searching the threads and taking a car service would be the most direct option. Renting a car seems like it would take more time.

We really do need to be home on Sunday, as we both need to work on Monday. I do have travel insurance, in case we do miss our flight due to weather, or the ship being late. The only problem might be traffic.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale the day before the cruise, so no problems there.

Has anyone disembarked and gotten to West Palm airport for an afternoon flight? I appreciate your advice!:)

Hi, I am not new to cruising, but am new to flying & cruising! In order to save $1200 on our flight (we need a direct flight) we need to fly out of West Palm on a Sunday--which is the same day as disembarking.

Is it doable to catch a 5:20pm flight out of West Palm? I've been searching the threads and taking a car service would be the most direct option. Renting a car seems like it would take more time.

We really do need to be home on Sunday, as we both need to work on Monday. I do have travel insurance, in case we do miss our flight due to weather, or the ship being late. The only problem might be traffic.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale the day before the cruise, so no problems there.

Has anyone disembarked and gotten to West Palm airport for an afternoon flight? I appreciate your advice!:)

I GOOGLED your question and found an old Cruise Critic thread from 2006 that states that the distance is about 50 miles, the drivetime is eatimated at one hour and that the cost for transportation was $64 per person via SAS. Probably gone up since then, hasn't everything? But this looks like it will be no problem.

The drive from PE to WPB, depending upon traffic, takes about 50-60 or so minutes; as mentioned above you have plenty of time to rent a car, grab some lunch, and still make a 5:20 flight.

Whether you rent a car or take public transport, you have plenty of time.

I would suggest renting a car and driving up A1A along the beach and stopping wherever you find somewhere you like for an oceanfront lunch.

We did this in December. After getting off the ship, there is a rental car shuttle area. We had reserved a car from a Budget rental agency closeby(not airport), and they shuttled us over. We picked up the car and received directions to PBI along with a map. We stopped for lunch and gas, and had plenty of time to spare for a much earlier flight than yours.:)