Why is there a dress code if it is just a suggesting

Straight from your tipping thread to a dress code debate. Well played. Find a smoking thread and you can hit the trifecta on your first day :D

Trolls going for all A Tier hot button topics are too obvious. Needs a B level issue in there like chair hogging, towel exchange, or booze smuggling. Maybe even a C level hot button like bringing on soda or tipping luggage porters.

I really dont care what someone else wheres, but dont stare me down in your tshirt and jeans when I am gussied up on formal night! :)

This is a rare occasion that families are together, and have time to get dressed up "FANCY" and enjoy special times. If yor special times are in cowboy hats and boots, have at it.

I really dont care what someone else wheres, but dont stare me down in your tshirt and jeans when I am gussied up on formal night! :)

This is a rare occasion that families are together, and have time to get dressed up "FANCY" and enjoy special times. If yor special times are in cowboy hats and boots, have at it.

What do you have against boots? I always wear mine with my tux, black eel skin western boots. Much fancier than those plastic looking shoes and black socks.:eek:

On Celebrity, they will turn you away from the MDR. :cool:

as well they should

If that is what people want then those folks should sail Celebrity. Everyone here knows how it works on RCI. Plenty of folks seem to like RCI's way of handling things just fine.

Ever go to the movies, and before the movies start, a funny announcement is made to shut off your cell phones? No one checks up on you, and you don't hand over your phone until the end. This is a "suggestion" made prior the move to show respect for others around you.

Did you ever notice on occasion, someone pulls out their phone, and starts using it during the movie? That is the person that thinks the "suggestion" is for everyone else, but them.

The "suggested" dress code, is just a nice way of saying, to show some respect for others, and dress appropriately.

I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend?