Classic Drink Package - Significant Cuts in what's included (Threads Merged)

ghstudio

I prefer to think that they have really thought about the issues raised...not just the legal issues, but the "style" of making changes and the purpose of making offers. I think they are now committed to providing essentially this list of options for a reasonable period of time and featuring it as part of their modern luxury marketing messages.

I hope you are right because it really is going to make me think about purchasing the drink packages in the future. If they keep the classic package as it is now with house brands I would probably pay for the premium package. However It will always be in the back of my mind that if I order a Grey Goose Martini I will be told sorry we are out of Grey Goose all we have is Smirnoff. I very rarely drink at home or even at parties so when I'm on a cruise I like to enjoy myself. Last year on the Summit I felt that the drink prices were higher than what I have paid on Princess so I purchased the classic package. Now it seems they really raised the prices and they aren't even covered in the classic package. I am going to see how this unfolds and the outcome will determine which cruise line I sail with. Princess now has a drink package and I am willing to pay for it on either line but it has to be worth it to me. Unless Celebrity comes up with a cut and dry offer I'm not willing to gamble my money buy purchasing a package in advance.

Agreed. Their reply is rather ambiguous. Why don't they just have one list & just stick to it!

I am confused regarding the 15% service charge, we have the"Classic",

does one get this charge added to our end of cruise bill for every drink off the list, or is it included in the package?:confused:

Cheers.

No they just have to add it UK the upto price on package. However if you not got a package you pay the the price quote UK which incs 15%

Edited by snowyboy

Yes, it's all about what you are promised when you purchase. For example, if airline baggage was free when you purchased your airline ticket, what would you think if you found that there was a charge to check your bag once you had arrived at the airport?

Speaking as an airline retiree, our airline would honor what was included or not included at the time the ticket was purchased. So in the above case you would not have to pay for checked baggage.

This is why I'm fairly annoyed at X for changing the package I thought I would get "free". Their classic list enticed us to book at that time.

My DH isn't picky about his beer or spirits, but I am picky about my wine. House wine now? We all know that's usually sub-par to say the least.

I'm just steamed about this bait and switch. Not just for myself and my DH, but for all the passengers they've pissed off.

And no matter how one tries to justify what they did, it's still a bait and switch.

My loyalty to X has been eroding over the past few years, so in the future we'll be exploring other cruise lines.

I've heard very good things about HAL.

I hope you are right because it really is going to make me think about purchasing the drink packages in the future. If they keep the classic package as it is now with house brands I would probably pay for the premium package. However It will always be in the back of my mind that if I order a Grey Goose Martini I will be told sorry we are out of Grey Goose all we have is Smirnoff. I very rarely drink at home or even at parties so when I'm on a cruise I like to enjoy myself. Last year on the Summit I felt that the drink prices were higher than what I have paid on Princess so I purchased the classic package. Now it seems they really raised the prices and they aren't even covered in the classic package. I am going to see how this unfolds and the outcome will determine which cruise line I sail with. Princess now has a drink package and I am willing to pay for it on either line but it has to be worth it to me. Unless Celebrity comes up with a cut and dry offer I'm not willing to gamble my money buy purchasing a package in advance.

I think you all reading into this things that are not there, last year I brought the Classic drinks package and had no problems what they said was available was available. Come give them a chance I sure it will all turn out fine and we will all have great cruises.

Celebrity has managed to make a change a full blown disaster.

Does anyone recently off the summit have any reports of what's going on for the premium and classic packages onboard?

Do we have any information on changes to the premium drinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But could you be more specific on the Cocktails menu.? We keep reading someone has tried to get a certain cocktail and had been refused on the Classic package.? Or if you want a Cosmo or whatever people have been told they are not included and others have had a smaller glass.? Well which is it no cosmo or smaller glass.? Plus the frozen margaritas ? or Daiquiris.

[/color]

Strip out all the information or mis information you've read over the past week or so including emails or phone calls with celebrity personnel during that time....it's now irrelevant (for this thread although not necessarily for those who had cruises where different package content was used). Any questions now should be relative to the old program and information that was posted on celebrity's site.

Some of the questions you raise are things you didn't know with the old program, and you still don't know it now....no change there. There are probably 1000 drinks that they could list. As soon as they publish a list, someone will ask if a purple bebop is included.

The "small" martini's only have meaning in the martini bar where their normal offering is in a larger martini glass. There has always been variation among ships as to whether they offered the small martini's there or not...all other bars just sell martini's and they are in the "small glass".

The statement with the list said that frozen drinks are included...again, that was always the statement and most would probably assume that basic frozen drinks using the liquors on the list are included.

Certainly your questions are fair questions....it's just that posting them in this thread links them to the recent changes. The same questions applied before Celebrity made the recent changes and perhaps we need a new thread.

Edited by ghstudio

Hi all,

As promised, here is a current list of what is included in the Classic Beverage package.

"The Classic Package includes spirits and cocktails priced up to $8.00 per glass, beers up to $6.00 per bottle/glass, wines up to $9.00 per glass (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Classic Package.

Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package."

Thanks for the list. We will print out & also save your post along with the Classic Inclusions List..and hope this is what we will be offered on our Nov. cruise.

I also agree that it may be time for a new thread or a sticky at top of the boards ...which can be updated along the way.

Seems this is good for now for present bookings but perhaps it will change for futurue booking offers???

I also agree that it may be time for a new thread or a sticky at top of the boards ...which can be updated along the way.

Seems this is good for now for present bookings but perhaps it will change for futurue booking offers???

And those of us who have already sailed lat week and have already suffered the change will put it down to experience, not sure if anyone plans to peruse it with celebrity or not :confused:

Thanks for the list. We will print out & also save your post along with the Classic Inclusions List..and hope this is what we will be offered on our Nov. cruise.

don't waste paper or ink, their wording renders it worthless:(

don't waste paper or ink, their wording renders it worthless:(

Yes, I'm sure they're out to screw us all. :rolleyes:

I vote to change the name of the forum to Cruise Cynic. This place has become utterly toxic.

Yes, I'm sure they're out to screw us all. :rolleyes:

I vote to change the name of the forum to Cruise Cynic. This place has become utterly toxic.[/Q

crit·ic (krĭt′ĭk)

n.

1. One who forms and expresses judgments of the merits, faults, value, or truth of a matter.

2. One who specializes especially professionally in the evaluation and appreciation of literary or artistic works: a film critic; a dance critic.

3. One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder

:confused:

Edited by mr bluetoon

Hi all,

As promised, here is a current list of what is included in the Classic Beverage package.

"The Classic Package includes spirits and cocktails priced up to $8.00 per glass, beers up to $6.00 per bottle/glass, wines up to $9.00 per glass (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Classic Package.

Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package."

The language in red was not present when I booked my cruise with the WAVE promo of the Classic Beverage package. I took the Beverage package assuming that the beers and liquors listed were ABSOLUTELY included. So, if I decide to not cancel my cruise for next year, I won't know until I order that first beer whether it's free or not. This does not make me happy.

I think you all reading into this things that are not there, last year I brought the Classic drinks package and had no problems what they said was available was available. Come give them a chance I sure it will all turn out fine and we will all have great cruises.

I purchased it last year as well and was very pleased with the classic package. Now after reading the premium list on another thread I'm am wondering what is left on the classic package. Smirnoff is now premium. I imagine at this point all you can get on the classic package would be Aqua Velva on the rocks, Listerine Martini's and Old Spice and coke. I wouldn't hold my breath on the coke though. At any minute they can move the Coca Cola products to the premium package and only offer Kola from the fountain in the classic package.

We would very much like to be content with X's follow-up, but its unclear whether drinks like margaritas and pina colladas are still included or not. Its clear that Carona moves from Classic to Premium, but the mixed drinks are unclear.

To me it sounds like they are trying to give you the selection that they have on Azamara. The free drinks are very limited but of course you can upgrade to a Premium $12.95, Top Shelf 15.95 or Ultimate Package for $18.95. I guess we will just have to wait and see what Celebrity has in the future for us.:confused:

We would very much like to be content with X's follow-up, but its unclear whether drinks like margaritas and pina colladas are still included or not. Its clear that Carona moves from Classic to Premium, but the mixed drinks are unclear.

The question is more like is the price of a marg / colada over $8? If so, not covered. Under $8, covered.

Pina coladas were 6.50 in mid April. Mojitos and margaritas were easy to get under the old package. I think it is likely to be under eight dollars.

Hi all,

Thank you for your responsiveness on this. Question: I don't see any of the frozen drinks like Pina Colada, etc. listed. Hopefully that is just an unintentional omission and all of those are still included. The list someone posted earlier had Strawberry Daiquiri's listed but not Pina Coladas, which led to much confusion. Now I don't see either.

Pina coladas were 6.50 in mid April. Mojitos and margaritas were easy to get under the old package. I think it is likely to be under eight dollars.

But if they're going to post a list, it should include drinks like this to avoid confusion.

Edited by MisterBill99

Thank you for your responsiveness on this. Question: I don't see any of the frozen drinks like Pina Colada, etc. listed. Hopefully that is just an unintentional omission and all of those are still included. The list someone posted earlier had Strawberry Daiquiri's listed but not Pina Coladas, which led to much confusion. Now I don't see either.

But if they're going to post a list, it should include drinks like this to avoid confusion.

Celebrity SHOULDN'T have lists of cocktails that are or aren't included in the beverage packages because that's not how it works. The price of a cocktail is dependent on the spirit(s) that's used to make it. If you order "a pina colada" they will make it with Ron Roberto or whatever the house rum is, and that will fall under the Classic package. Just about any cocktail can be constructed with the spirits included in the Classic package. I saw the list of cocktails that was posted on another thread, and I think it was irresponsible of whoever created it because it's causing all sorts of confusion, and it only listed about 30 cocktails out of the thousands that are out there.

Saw that and downloaded it. However, it is not complete. If it is complete why are others still asking if this is on or can we get ????

Because no matter what Celebrity posts, there will be someone who asks if a scotch and water in included, etc. This could be an endless thread....

As far as the part I highlighted in red: Disregard any list you've seen here from a ship or any email quotes from celebrity reps. The official list is the one posted by "Celebrity Cruise" here and other places on the internet....

I've switched sides on this issue....at this point I think Celebrity did exactly what they had to do...I am not bothered that they added a clause that's standard in most every industry...and I assume that any reasonably simple drink that only includes the alcohols on the list will fall within the list. If a frozen strawberry something is included, just assume that a frozen orange same something is included. That's what you would have done prior to this recent classic drink crisis...and it's what it's reasonable to expect you to do now.

I don't expect celebrity to respond to the growing list of "is the harvey boo boo" included in the classic drink package. If they'd like to add a representative list, which will undoubtedly miss someone's favorite drink, that's great...and it's more than we in the US every had....but I don't think it's fair to expect them to list every cocktail that's included.

Edited by ghstudio

Because no matter what Celebrity posts, there will be someone who asks if a scotch and water in included, etc. This could be an endless thread....

As far as the part I highlighted in red: Disregard any list you've seen here from a ship or any email quotes from celebrity reps. The official list is the one posted by "Celebrity Cruise" here and other places on the internet....

I've switched sides on this issue....at this point I think Celebrity did exactly what they had to do...I am not bothered that they added a clause that's standard in most every industry...and I assume that any reasonably simple drink that only includes the alcohols on the list will fall within the list. If a frozen strawberry something is included, just assume that a frozen orange same something is included. That's what you would have done prior to this recent classic drink crisis...and it's what it's reasonable to expect you to do now.

I don't expect celebrity to respond to the growing list of "is the harvey boo boo" included in the classic drink package. If they'd like to add a representative list, which will undoubtedly miss someone's favorite drink, that's great...and it's more than we in the US every had....but I don't think it's fair to expect them to list every cocktail that's included.

surprised you've switched sides based on an assumption,

as for cocktails etc all they need to do is a list e.g.

classic= all cocktails with the exception of the molecular bar and martinis outwith the martini bar and the spirits,beers and wines as per list pre 1st may

premium= molecular and martini bar included, all drinks in the classic list + premium brands outwith the list and another list of wines

if prices rise then increase the package prices (which they did in February)

:rolleyes: