New Oceania Regatta Review with lots of pictures, menus and dailies

MVPinBoynton

Sorry - I meant the specialty restaurants. For example, is the menu in Toscana on the Regatta the same menu as in Toscana on the Marina?

Usually the specialties are the same menu for months so I would think they will be the same

They very much like the same menu we had in 2011 on Marina & 2010 on Insignia

A few tweaks to some of the menu items

I usually get the same dishes every cruise ;)

Usually the specialties are the same menu for months so I would think they will be the same

They very much like the same menu we had in 2011 on Marina & 2010 on Insignia

A few tweaks to some of the menu items

I usually get the same dishes every cruise ;)

Are you going to share what items you get with us?

Great review and pics, Mike. One thing I saw missing from the menus was King Crab. Is this not available at any of the venues? I still dream of the King Crab at Prime 7 on the sister line Regent and thought something similar might be available on Oceania.

Great review and pics, Mike. One thing I saw missing from the menus was King Crab. Is this not available at any of the venues? I still dream of the King Crab at Prime 7 on the sister line Regent and thought something similar might be available on Oceania.

I seem to recall that King Crab is often a Dinner selection at the Terrace Buffet.

I'm not a fan, myself, but I noticed it primarily because they usually had it opposite the Sushi.

Thanks Mike, the review on your web page is just wonderful! Great pictures! My boss would kill me if he knew how much time I spent reading your review today.

I'm torn between booking a Caribbean Insignia cruise inside vs. a mass market balcony for similar dates. Your review has me leaning to the Insignia!!!It would be just a bit more money, all in. We're waiting to make final decision after our first O cruise (O Class) next month.

are you going to share what items you get with us?

LOL

If you need to know

Toscana

tomato & buffalo Mozzarella, Veal Limone, chocolate lasagna

Polo

Crab cakes, lamb, dessert plate or marshmallows (depends on how full I am ) ;)

Red Ginger

Beef carpaccio, Green Curry, Green Tea ice cream & one of the nice teas

Not very exciting ....Aren't you sorry you asked ;)

Edited by LHT28

Thanks Mike, the review on your web page is just wonderful! Great pictures! My boss would kill me if he knew how much time I spent reading your review today.

I'm torn between booking a Caribbean Insignia cruise inside vs. a mass market balcony for similar dates. Your review has me leaning to the Insignia!!!It would be just a bit more money, all in. We're waiting to make final decision after our first O cruise (O Class) next month.

Go for the Oceania one :)

Of course I am bit biased

LOL

If you need to know

Toscana

tomato & buffalo Mozzarella, Veal Limone, chocolate lasagna

Polo

Crab cakes, lamb, dessert plate or marshmallows (depends on how full I am ) ;)

Red Ginger

Beef carpaccio, Green Curry, Green Tea ice cream & one of the nice teas

Not very exciting ....Aren't you sorry you asked ;)

Not at all. Since we are not familiar with what is good and not as good, any recommendations help. I know we will certainly get the Polo crab cakes again. Truly outstanding!

Go for the Oceania one :)

Of course I am bit biased

After looking at Mike's pictures and reading his review, together with the thread about Insignia's refurbishment, I'm hoping my husband agrees after our cruise. Absolutely loved the décor on the R ships! It just looks right!

That was pretty much what my decision was about Bermuda. We always get a veranda when we cruise; but we didn't mind the inside at all on this cruise. Probably because we slept so well and we were so enjoying everything outside our cabin. I think you will make the same decision after your first O cruise.

I also loved the cold soups in GDR

Strawberry soup

Mango soup

I seemed to have missed them last cruise for some reason

I am not a foodie I just know what I like

any of the ice cream Cups at lunch, any of the ice cream period :D

After looking at Mike's pictures and reading his review, together with the thread about Insignia's refurbishment, I'm hoping my husband agrees after our cruise. Absolutely loved the décor on the R ships! It just looks right!

We like the ocean view cabins on deck 4 I need to see out

But I do not think you could go wrong with any of the ships

Enjoy

Like Travelcat said, I think your reviews and the way they are laid out are just about the best I've ever seen.

I spent hours last night reading this one and your Adriatic cruise review - I'm going on the Adriatic Serenade which has several of the same ports.

Catherine

I seem to recall that King Crab is often a Dinner selection at the Terrace Buffet.

I'm not a fan, myself, but I noticed it primarily because they usually had it opposite the Sushi.

Hmmm. Would that be the hot, dripping with butter version or the cold, spicy sauce kind?

I have to say that for the most part the food was outstanding on this cruise. The taste of Red Ginger choices the nights they had the Sea Bass was heads and tails above and better than the Sea Bass we had in Red Ginger on Riviera. I don't see how it could have been any better.

The food in Polo was the best of any of the times we've eaten in Polo on Oceania. Loved the crab cakes as well as the clam chowder. I had the Iberico pork chop one night there and it was fantastic.

The choices in the Terrace were excellent for us and we really enjoyed the friendly staff there. Especially the young lady at the dessert station that was always there and always smiling. I forget her name but she always knew I would want a chocolate chip cookie.

I was a little disappointed in the lasagna in Toscana as in the past it's been some of the best lasagna I've ever had. This time was a little bland. BUT, the next time there I had the trio which was fantastic.

Mike, great review. One question. How do you remember all of the detail on your photos so you can caption so well?

I take a lot of photos of signs where available. I will then look up the places I visited on line for any history that I want to share. I will write some notes in my iPhone for things that I want to note on a photo; but not that often. It is also critical to sit down at the computer and select photos to use and begin writing on the ports ASAP. Memories don't last near long enough. :D That is a main reason we do our reviews, other than to help others. With all the wonderful places we have visited, we would have forgotten 90% of what we did and saw if it wasn't for our reviews. We can relive them anytime we want. :)

Another great review from Mike and Carol. I remember back in 2009 reading your review for your AMA river cruise. I had just made our reservation for a similar AMA river cruise in 2009. Your review made us glad we selected AMA. This review for Oceania also makes us glad we selected Oceania for our Baltic cruise in July. Thanks.

Another great review from Mike and Carol. I remember back in 2009 reading your review for your AMA river cruise. I had just made our reservation for a similar AMA river cruise in 2009. Your review made us glad we selected AMA. This review for Oceania also makes us glad we selected Oceania for our Baltic cruise in July. Thanks.

So glad we have been able to help you out. I am sure you will enjoy Oceania. I assume that you also checked out our Baltic review from last year on the Celebrity Eclipse. It might provide you with some ideas for private excursions in the Baltic.

Thanks for an absolute bonzer of a review I am now going to spend my afternoon reading the rest of your reviews. I did not know much about Bermuda only that it is a Commonwealth country but boy is is beautiful and also Norfolk what a lovely city, would not have without your review. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Thanks for an absolute bonzer of a review I am now going to spend my afternoon reading the rest of your reviews. I did not know much about Bermuda only that it is a Commonwealth country but boy is is beautiful and also Norfolk what a lovely city, would not have without your review. Thanks for taking the time to share.

I am so glad you enjoyed the review. I have a feeling that you found out it would take more than an afternoon to read the rest of them. :D