Choice of spirits on SS ships

lenclan

You are right Jeff,that has also been my experience.

Two nights ago I stayed at Rhinefield House in the New Forest and was really well looked after by lovely young staff in the restaurant.

I am tonight filling in the questionnaire that the Hotel manager sent me by email today.

I will tell him how nice and helpful his restaurant crew are,I even remember all of their names which for me after a good selection of wine that evening is a miracle.

Love the Rhinefiield ..... they have that odd and slightly shocking Moroccan type room don't they.

As you may recall, I (we) was involved with the design of the SS feedback forms and process, and they have their place. But that is "business as usual" when you complete a form. They read lot's of forms. I'm really talking about taking exceptional trouble outside of forms to feedback about individuals in a more direct and personal way.

Each has their place but each has potentially different outcomes.

:)

Love the Rhinefiield ..... they have that odd and slightly shocking Moroccan type room don't they.

As you may recall, I (we) was involved with the design of the SS feedback forms and process, and they have their place. But that is "business as usual" when you complete a form. They read lot's of forms. I'm really talking about taking exceptional trouble outside of forms to feedback about individuals in a more direct and personal way.

Each has their place but each has potentially different outcomes.

Ok then I'll send my chauffeur to hand deliver the questionairre rather than just emailing it back.

The Alhambra room is the rather gaudy kasbah place that is used as a private dining room or a place where they display the breakfast buffet in the morning.

I couldn't bring myself to get up from the table and get something from the breakfast buffet.

I would have lost my appetite.

Edited by Mr Luxury

On Silversea, one way to thank the behind the scenes staff is to donate to the crew fund. This is much appreciated by a large number of people.

Hear! Hear!

I donate on every cruise. Often I ask Reception how many others will contribute. I don't think the estimate has ever reached as high as 5% of the guests.

We see the waiters and the butlers and the housekeepers. But there are countless people we never see, chopping vegetables, getting provisions from the stores, laundering our soiled linens, etc.

"All Inclusive" need not imply that one cannot offer an additional gratuity to the crew at large.

On Silversea, one way to thank the behind the scenes staff is to donate to the crew fund. This is much appreciated by a large number of people.

Absolutely. Spot on. It is a lovely way to say thanks to all the people that look after you both front and rear of house and your reminder is timely.

Absolutely. Spot on. It is a lovely way to say thanks to all the people that look after you both front and rear of house and your reminder is timely.

Also totally agree. As I've said here previously, one of the best jobs on the ship is done by the crew in the laundry. But what a horrible job it is for them. Plus, they get no face to face guest contact. A smile and a thank you can go a long way, but unlike so many of the crew working other areas of the ship, they never get direct thanks. In addition to mentioning them to Paolo, we always thank them on the survey and a donation to the crew fund can be enjoyed by them too.

Do you know how/when funds are disbursed from it, what it's spent on, and who gets to make the decisions!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's usually spent on times that are beneficial to the entire crew like parties, amenities for the crew bar, etc. I love donating because it helps those with whom one may not necessarily come into contact but who work so hard to make our cruises special.

Not sure how this thread took a turn on the "donation/crew welfare/tipping" tangent, but I sent a My Silversea question to Silversea customer service and here is the response I received:

Thanks for your website inquiry!

Currently My Silversea is not supporting in suite beverage requests; consequently we would ask you either fax those into Special Services @ 954-759-5049; alternatively, you may email them to:
. You may also just wish to convey your wishes to your butler upon embarkation who will see to it for you.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard Silver Spirit!

Thanks for the info, and for getting us back on subject. I had previously used my travel agent for this request, but will follow the guidance you received from Silversea.

Larry