Best Table Location in Main Dining Room on Voyager Class Ships?

Hi, as an avid complete cruise geek, when we made our reservation with friends we were told we'd be at a table for 6. (Usually it's just two of us with a table for two.) Any ideas Cruise Critic pals? (Other than the Captain's table I mean.)

I've been on Mariner and Navigator and I had early seating on both cruises. I was by the window on both. Port on one ship, starboard on the other. I LOVE being by the windows!!!! With early seating, you get to watch the sun set during dinner. And it's just so nice to have such a lovely view of the ocean while dining. When leaving ports you see other ships leaving. It's really nice. We're going to try to get late seating on our next cruise but I still want to be by a window.

I've been on Mariner and Navigator and I had early seating on both cruises. I was by the window on both. Port on one ship, starboard on the other. I LOVE being by the windows!!!! With early seating, you get to watch the sun set during dinner. And it's just so nice to have such a lovely view of the ocean while dining. When leaving ports you see other ships leaving. It's really nice. We're going to try to get late seating on our next cruise but I still want to be by a window.

Seeing the sun set is dependent on when you cruise. We always cruise in late Feb or early March. The sun has usually set by the time we get to our table for dinner. OP - we had a table on the second floor of the dining room once that was right against the railing overlooking the first floor. I enjoyed that table because you could look down and see what was happening on the first floor.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate your advice. I'm kind of excited to share the table with others. :)

Super excited for this cruise as it's been 5 years (GASP...take a breath, Mary...) since our last cruise. I don't mind waiting as I can obsess and research and obsess some more.

Thanks everyone for their great ideas.

Mary

Having tablemates really makes dinner fun...we love a large table! Honestly, there is no "good or bad" location....and with folks to talk to, you won't be looking at the view!

Our best table ever was near the kitchen....great tablemates, and hot food...it was a win-win!

Seeing the sun set is dependent on when you cruise. We always cruise in late Feb or early March. The sun has usually set by the time we get to our table for dinner. OP - we had a table on the second floor of the dining room once that was right against the railing overlooking the first floor. I enjoyed that table because you could look down and see what was happening on the first floor.

Sounds lovely. Are there tables for two near the railing (traditional dining)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, as an avid complete cruise geek, when we made our reservation with friends we were told we'd be at a table for 6. (Usually it's just two of us with a table for two.) Any ideas Cruise Critic pals? (Other than the Captain's table I mean.)

Best table by the windows. The captains table is very special by the way.:)

I prefer to be in the open area on deck 3 under or nearly under the big chandelier (near the captain's table). I like the elegance of the chandelier. Deck 4 or 5 by the rail looking onto the open area is good for me too. But, we usually do late dining, so a window table is not beneficial -- too dark outside to see anything. A window table for breakfast and (when open) for lunch though is great.

Jimnbigd-I will see what our friends think. We can use the specialty restaurants for bfast and lunch which is a perk for sure. I guess you're right - we'll be cruising in Feb. so it will be dark anyway.

Barnet - you've been to the captain's table? Way jealous!

Thanks for all of your answers!

I've been by the window, which was nice, closer to the railing looking down on the main floor, which was also nice. Our best table though was our 2009 Mexican Riviera cruise on Mariner. We were with a large group and our table was on the main floor right next to the Captain's table. This was late seating. We had excellent service by our waiters, as well as the matre'd. On lobster night, they walked around our table with platters insisting we have more. They also brought bottles of champagne every night. Formal night captain came by our table and posed for pictures with everyone. Closest we've ever come to dining with the captain!