Tampa Hotels

GLP

We are looking at booking the 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Ryndam Jan 25, 2015. Having only been to Tampa once, many years ago, just a day trip I know nothing about hotels there. We are planning on getting into Tampa on the 23rd, arriving by air from Canada, and would greatly appreciate any help you could offer regarding hotels, close to both air port and cruise port.

Thanking you, in advance, for your usual prompt and informative responses.

Wingate by Wyndam in Tampa has nice rooms with a kitchenette. We were able to leave our car there for two weeks while we cruised. This does not help as you are flying in, but I know they had a shuttle to the cruise port and the rooms were fine. There was a restaurant on site, happy hour and breakfast included in rate.

We like Marriott Waterside..... be careful there are several Marriots in Tampa.

This one is a full service resort and within walking distance to port. Nice places to walk and eat nearby. Several restaurants and sports bar in the hotel.

We stayed at the Sheraton Suites Westshore (I think that was the name) last year for 4 nights when we were taking a Ryndam cruise. Suite rooms with small bath between a livingroom and bedroom. The living room had a sofa, chair, desk, and small bar fridge, microwave, kettle, sink. There was a shuttle that would take you in a 3 km radius of the hotel so that was two malls (one HUGE), restaurants, pharmacy, liquor shop, Target etc.

Free wifi in the lobby which could be accessed just outside your room as it is an atrium hotel.

I was able to use Starwood points so it cost us nothing. On the morning of embarkation one of the shuttles took the 4 of us to the pier for less than the cost of a taxi.

No complaints except that you may want to eat elsewhere.

The Marriott Waterside would be my suggestion also. It is right downtown near cruise terminal, the aquarium, the History Center, and even has the Ybor City trolley stop nearby. Lots of dinning choices too. A walk along the waterfront is also nice.

We stayed in the Chase Suites. We got transportation to the port (and we were able to leave our car for the week... which I realize won't impact you) and back. We had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, and kitchen. It was a nice relaxing way to start the cruise. The hotel also was on a waterway, but it wasn't near the port/airport. Breakfast was included as well.

I live in the Tampa area and there are many hotels in the downtown area. As people said, the Wyndam and the Marriott Waterside are in close proximity to the port. There is also an Embassy Suites directly across the street from the Marriott Waterside. The Hilton Downtown isn't very far away. There is also a Sheraton on Ashley Street and a Courtyard and Residence Inn a bit further away.

We stayed in the Chase Suites. We got transportation to the port (and we were able to leave our car for the week... which I realize won't impact you) and back. We had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, and kitchen. It was a nice relaxing way to start the cruise. The hotel also was on a waterway, but it wasn't near the port/airport. Breakfast was included as well.

If you are talking about the Chase Suites on the Courtney Campbell Causeway, it is near the airport, but not the seaport. We stayed there while our house was being tented, and we enjoyed it. Free happy hour! (if you can handle Bud Light and cheap wine).

I live in the Tampa area and there are many hotels in the downtown area. As people said, the Wyndam and the Marriott Waterside are in close proximity to the port. There is also an Embassy Suites directly across the street from the Marriott Waterside. The Hilton Downtown isn't very far away. There is also a Sheraton on Ashley Street and a Courtyard and Residence Inn a bit further away.

I looked in the front entrance of the Embassy Suites while staying at the Tampa Waterside & it was extremely crowded & noisy with teenagers who must have been staying there for some ?sporting event in Tampa! The main floor appeared too small, 'busy' noisy & claustrophobic, (as opposed to the 'wide open spaces' on the main floor of Tampa Waterside! :)

We like Marriott Waterside..... be careful there are several Marriots in Tampa.

This one is a full service resort and within walking distance to port. Nice places to walk and eat nearby. Several restaurants and sports bar in the hotel.

This would be my suggestion as well, Marriott Waterside is a great hotel in a fantastic location. And if the are full up, look at the Westin Tampa Harbor Island nearby across the canal, also a very good location, but not quite as nice as the Marriott. Mrs. Banjo & I have stayed at both as part of cruise vacations and have enjoyed both.

:)

Edited by crusinbanjo