How does Constellation compare to Equinox and Eclipse

rubydoobydoo

I am trying to figure out my next cruise for next year, all spent out this year so have to start saving again

The itinerary is the main factor in my choice but the ship has to be right too, I love Eclipse and Equinox so will I like Constellation ?

I am looking at The Geeek Isles next May, Rome to Venice so it looks like a perfect cruise for me

How does the ship compare to Eclipse and Equinox In style and decor, as I love the feel of these ships, I like a modern feel

Had concierge on both the ships but would be happy with a balcony as the perks, apart from the nice bed and towels, are not that important, are the cabins and bathrooms the same as that is important, I like a nice cabin

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks

Janis

The Constellation is 12 years old vs. 4 - 5 years old. Totally different layout than the "S" Class ships. It is still a beautiful ship - not sure it will have the "modern" look you have become accustomed to, however. Still elegant in both style & decor. About 800 fewer passengers. Also, 3 banks of elevators vs. 2.

Concierge class cabins on the "M" Class ships are larger than standard veranda cabins, whereas on the "S" Class ships they are all the same size. Veranda partitions do not open between cabins on this class of ship.

Bathrooms are totally different between classes of ships. The Connie will have shower curtains as opposed to glass shower doors, unless you book one of the new Aqua Class cabins.

However, the cabin itself will have more storage than you are used to on the "S" Class ships.

I think you would still enjoy the Connie. Just a totally different type of ship. She has historically had a great captain and crew and is one of my favorites.

We only cruised on the Constellation until a few years ago. Really loved that ship and she was all we knew. Then tried Eclipse. Loved that ship, but at the end of the cruise, we missed the homey feel of Constellation and went on her the next time. We then missed the positive features of Eclipse. Newer and bigger, etc.

So each class has its attributes. Just depends on what is most important to you as an individual. We will stick with the S class for future cruises.

Beth has covered the differences very well.

One other thing I would point out to you--your Med itinerary will be a very port-intensive cruise. So you won't be spending a lot of time on the ship. In my view, on those kinds of cruises, the itinerary is more important than the ship.

That being said, I've cruised on both classes and like both. Have a soft spot in my heart for the Connie, have had fabulous experienced on board. Good luck with your decision!

Thanks for your thoughts, I am going to see if I can find a similar itinery on a s class ship and see what comes up, I do love bo ships I have been on, especially the bathroom, I know it is only a small

You won't get Venice on an S class ship for next year because they are not allowed due to their size. So, you'll have to take the smaller ship or go further south :). Weather will be more predictable in May around Greece and Turkey.

You won't get Venice on an S class ship for next year because they are not allowed due to their size. So, you'll have to take the smaller ship or go further south :). Weather will be more predictable in May around Greece and Turkey.

Not sure why my other post was half missing ?

I didn't realise that the S class ships could not visit Venice this year, we went on Equinox last May, lucky I did it for my birthday, it was amazing

I really want to see Athens mainly, and have done the usual Italy and Med cruises but have not seen any Greek Isles or Turkey

as long as it is not schools hols I can go anytime, but I felt that Constellation looked at bit dated in the cabins on you tube, Reflection looked nice, and there are a few Greek Isles on her, will just have to miss Venice if I want the nicer cabin I suppose as Refelction is S class right ?

Not sure why my other post was half missing ?

I didn't realise that the S class ships could not visit Venice this year, we went on Equinox last May, lucky I did it for my birthday, it was amazing

I really want to see Athens mainly, and have done the usual Italy and Med cruises but have not seen any Greek Isles or Turkey

as long as it is not schools hols I can go anytime, but I felt that Constellation looked at bit dated in the cabins on you tube, Reflection looked nice, and there are a few Greek Isles on her, will just have to miss Venice if I want the nicer cabin I suppose as Refelction is S class right ?

Yes, Reflection is S class. We had a great Baltics cruise on Connie a few years ago. Both classes have good and bad points; if it's a port intensive cruise, sometimes you don't use the ship amenities so much anyway.

The Eastern Med itineraries from Rome on Reflection look very interesting. Should you decide to book, ensure you visit Ephesus and the Terrace Houses while docked in Kusadasi...it's a must ;).

Hi

We've just returned from the Eclipse too.......we missed you at the M & M..........

We, too, were looking at the Connie for next year (the itinerary is great), but after sailing on the Summit last year, we decided against it. Whilst we enjoyed the cruise (who wouldn't), we weren't wowed by the ship.......we just love the S class, having sailed Equinox and now Eclipse. So we booked Reflection, which also has a great itinerary plus the bonus of a couple of days pre-cruise in Rome.

Mal

Hi

We've just returned from the Eclipse too.......we missed you at the M & M..........

We, too, were looking at the Connie for next year (the itinerary is great), but after sailing on the Summit last year, we decided against it. Whilst we enjoyed the cruise (who wouldn't), we weren't wowed by the ship.......we just love the S class, having sailed Equinox and now Eclipse. So we booked Reflection, which also has a great itinerary plus the bonus of a couple of days pre-cruise in Rome.

Mal

I think I was at the wrong bar or the wrong time on the first day, I was at the meet at Cellar masters though

I am looking at cruises on the Reflection, there are some good ones

Wasn't our cruise lovely, one of the best along with Venice I have done, both with Celebrity :D

The ban on large ships going to Venice has been delayed. Don't know until when so you might still get an S class

Hi

Mal

We were on the Silhouette last year, Venice to Venice. Our first time on an S class ship. Frankly, after now being able to make a comparison we much, much prefer the M class. We are sailing on the Constellation in a few weeks to Norway. Hope they haven't taken out all the M class bones.

Of many dislikes on the Silhouette the omission of trays in the buffet was number one. One of the reasons we don't sail on Princess anymore. Small potatoes but still.....

Re the S class I would like to get some feedback on the Hideaway. When we saw the pictures we said wow, what a great place to hang out. Unfortunately so did every 10 to 15 year old, and there lots! They took over the space for the entire 12 days. Rearranged the furniture, iPods blaring and more. After the third day they stopped making coffee in the service provided for passengers. Too bad because our cabin was near there. Unfortunately, the same groups than ran amok throughout the ship including water gun fights in the buffet.

Of many dislikes on the Silhouette the omission of trays in the buffet was number one. One of the reasons we don't sail on Princess anymore. Small potatoes but still.....

FYI - The Connie no longer has trays in the buffet either!