You guys are scaring me......

SPacificbound

With all of the posts I have seen lately from Celebrity cruisers not happy with Celebrity changes, I am becoming concerned that maybe we should run not walk away from the three celebrity cruises we have booked.

We have been perfectly happy with our Royal Caribbean cruises, maybe we are making a mistake.

Anyone? :confused:

I leave this weekend for a sailing on the Equinox. I will let you know how it goes.

I leave this weekend for a sailing on the Equinox. I will let you know how it goes.

Dont forget to send back pictures of the new GastroBar! Thanks

We will also be waiting patiently for an update. Have a great cruise.

I know that I have posted a fairly negative comment on the Blu issue after our experience on summit last week, however, we had a fantastic time and wouldnt hesitate booking Celebrity. Everything else about the trip was brilliant. Cant see how you could not throughly enjoy yourselves!

The very first Celebrity cruise we went on over 15 years ago was also our first 10 day cruise. We heard so many complaints during the 10 days over things that seemed insignificant to us that we were not sure we wanted to travel with Celebrity regular travelers again. When departing the ship all we heard those same folks say over and over was what a great cruise it had been.

Were these the same people?

Anyway ..

We have traveled Celebrity 3 times in the 15 months and had nothing but a wonderful time. Everyone on board has been happy and positive and loved the Solstice and Summit as much as we did.

Just remember to stop and smell the roses and you will have a great experience. And if anyone complains remember those from our first cruise and think they are having the best time of their life. Just expressing it in a different manner. :)

carol

There have been cutbacks on all of the major mass market cruise lines that we sail from time to time ... not just Celebrity.

You'll find as many unhappy people on all of the cruise line forums complaining about them.

LuLu

it's a bit of an eye-opener for me to learn how drinking is so central to the vacation experience of some.

Had to laugh! That is so true. Nothing wrong with it mind you just didn't realize how important it is to some people.

Love Celebrity, but also like RCCL and Carnival (if the right ship) and probably any ship I haven't sailed on yet. Never been on a bad cruise but Celebrity is by far our favorite. I am sure folks have issues that need to be resolved but I've been on over 15 cruises and never had an issue that I needed guest relations help. We've probably been to guest relations maybe 3 times in all those cruises. Just lucky? I guess. But some people just create issues and that's how they live their life. Just a different way to live.

The point is, you should have a blast. Hopefully it will be everything you think it is suppose to be. Ignore most of the folks on here.

Just got off Solstice and I gained 3# from all that good food. Never sailing Celebrity again.........

I guess I'd better be honest....booked another longer cruise for next year, on board. That's the only way I know of dealing with the depression resulting from disembarking.;)

Don't worry, you will love the S class ships and all they have to offer. Celebrity does a great job and we have not sailed any other line since 1999.

Don't worry, you are reading posts from Cruise Critic members and not Celebrity cruisers. OK the former are a subset of the latter but, perhaps, the most vocal subset. Not all the complainers have even been on a cruise recently! They are just anticipating a negative experience in the future.

Cruise Critic goes through cycles. At the moment, it is a very negative phase. I have seen it all before. There are times when we have been disappointed about something but Cruise Critic is in a positive phase. Then you will be flamed for making a negative comment!

Any price rise is likely to produce negative responses but prices rise. At times like these, I spend less time on Cruise Critic and stop reading the negative threads.

I totally agree with here. Some people get enjoyment of complaining and nothing is every good. Yes, Celebrity has made some changes over the years, but keep in mind that is driven by economical reasons. Look at the airline industry. I recall flying years ago and eating with silverware in coach. Times have change. You have made a good choice with Celebrity and will be very pleased.

As a "new" Celebrity cruiser (2 cruises on the Summit in the past 4 months - mostly Carnival cruises prior to that) I couldn't be more pleased with the Celebrity product even despite any of the recent changes. I have 2 more cruises currently booked on Celebrity. As long as you go with a good attitude, I'm sure you'll have a great cruise! :)

Agreed. It's all about attitude. It says much if you have taken several Carnival cruises and tried Celebrity and now you have booked more Celebrity cruises.

Have we convinced you yet not to worry???! Relax, take a deep breath, and try to patiently wait for your cruise. There are only a small percentage of the Cruise Critic people on board any cruise. Most people on the ship will have never heard of CC. We've only sailed Celebrity since 2001 and although not as many cruises as some, we have sailed 11 times and have a pretty good sense of what's happening and we have had no major complaints. Certainly nothing like you've read about by some of the habitual complainers. We loved our first cruise, we loved our last, and we are so looking forward to our TA in the fall. We also can't wait to try out the new venues/changes on Equinox. I've already seen the menu for the new gastropub and it looks great! Right now it's our cruise line of choice. We do plan to try Azamara for some of the incredible and unique itineraries and we do plan to do a Viking River Cruise at some point, but for the most part we are pretty happy overall with Celebrity.

With all of the posts I have seen lately from Celebrity cruisers not happy with Celebrity changes, I am becoming concerned that maybe we should run not walk away from the three celebrity cruises we have booked.

We have been perfectly happy with our Royal Caribbean cruises, maybe we are making a mistake.

Hi Jeannie,

IMO, I do not think you are making a mistake, and have made a good choice. We sailed on Celebrity Eclipse last month. Overall, we had a wonderful time. Yes, there were a few items that were slightly concerning, such as cutbacks in a few areas. With that said, it didnt significantly hurt our cruise experience. Maybe a few annoyances here and there, but that's about it. We still have many Celebrity cruises booked, and hope to sail with them for a long time to come !

Please try to relax, and look forward to your cruise !

For what it is worth we sailed on Celebrity for first time in April and I just booked Reflection in September. This after cruising RCCL, Princess and NCL in past 4 years. We loved the celebrity experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

We have just done our 1st Celebrity cruise having been with RCL for quite a few...

We loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeannie,

I totally understand where you are coming from and I wanted you to know you are not alone. My DW and I are going on our first X cruise in August and reading CC has me wondering (panicking?) if we are making a mistake. While all of the lovely posters to your thread have made me feel better, the proof will be in the pudding, as they say. Hopefully, you'll love it and be boring your friends with stories of your cruise. Just go in with a "I'm going to have fun" attitude and make the best of it...

And post how it was great, because I still need reassuring!!!

Only you can judge how great a vacation you have (or not) when you cruise Celebrity. Please don't let others sway your decision or give you reason to be less than excited about your upcoming cruises! You will see many critical comments here but take it with a grain of salt. Sift through what is important to you and decide if these issues are important to you or inconsequential. Either way, I'd be surprised if you don't find that your cruise has way more positives than negatives anyway. Celebrity offers a great product. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Jeannie,

I totally understand where you are coming from and I wanted you to know you are not alone. My DW and I are going on our first X cruise in August and reading CC has me wondering (panicking?) if we are making a mistake. While all of the lovely posters to your thread have made me feel better, the proof will be in the pudding, as they say. Hopefully, you'll love it and be boring your friends with stories of your cruise. Just go in with a "I'm going to have fun" attitude and make the best of it...

And post how it was great, because I still need reassuring!!!

:D My three Celebrity cruises are in March and April so I'll be waiting to see how your August cruise is. :)

Thanks all who responded. I tend to go into anything new with no expectations and let the new experience roll out on it's own.

42 night are a lot of nights though. :eek: It's all good. :)

Jeannie,

Cruising by Antarctica, and a full transit of the Panama Canal, are two of the absolute highlights of my 19 cruises. And I can still tell you day by day about all the ports I visited in 2008 on the Baltic and about my Australia/NZ cruise in 2012. I truly have been to some wonderful places around our great earth.

You are truly in for a marvelous trip. Can't wait to hear.

And agreed, looking forward to hearing from RJM, first. Even though we don't know where he's going!

--May

The most important factor here is your point that the negative reviews you've been reading seem to emphasize "changes" that you, as a new Celebrity cruiser, would otherwise have been totally unaware of, and therefore would not be affected by. You have no "good old days" to look back to on Celebrity to taint your enjoyment of your cruises. I am sure you can find an equal or greater number of posts discussing the many positive aspects of Celebrity that both new and veteran Celebrity cruisers enjoy.

Make up your own mind about Celebrity on what will undoubtedly be a wonderful cruise for you, if you let it be! Stick with your original reasons for choosing Celebrity, and enjoy! Whatever you do, don't go on board with the intention of proving the naysayers right!

every time they change something or take something away we always seem to find something else we love - I'd be bored if it stayed the same all the time - variety is everything

e.g the craft pub on silhouette was the reason we chose silhouette but its gone before we sail :(

Just don't take out the martini bar or the comfy seats in sunset :D:D

Does it stop us booking, not at all

We love Celebrity...........only 3 cruises (1 a year for the past 3 years) but have also done RCI, NCL & P & O........

All I can say is that, yes we've noticed some cutbacks, but still LOVE it..........it's so much better than the opposition............

We're taking our first Celebrity cruise in August, can't wait! Though if I have to put my complaining hat on to fit in, so be it! :D:(

My guess is you'll come back and tell us you didn't FIND any of those complainers on your cruise.

Have a great time.

reading this thread is almost painful. OP, you're going to have a wonderful time, but Celebrity, LIKE ALL OTHER MASS MARKET CRUISE LINES, has cut back a bit. You are getting a great deal for your money and you will IMHO have a much better experience than on Celebrity's competitors. You may find some things aren't perfect, but remember that different folks have different reactions to things. Personally, I accept some rust...I have a boat myself and rust is inevetable....but a little rust makes some folks crazy. You will find 99% you love and 1% that isn't perfect....but that's far far better than Celebrity's competitors.

Enjoy your cruise...and make your own judgements. My guess is you'll come back with rave reviews with maybe one or two things you noticed that weren't perfect but really didn't effect your experience.

Edited by ghstudio