Acceptable tip for Concierge

We generally tip $20 per night, slightly more for an exceptional concierge. However, last week on the Allure, the concierge was really just lousy and was no help, so we only tipped the bar servers in the DL.

Interesting...we had the same experience with the Oasis Concierge's...they "never" came out from behind their desks and many times were too busy talking among themselves to even offer a hello/goodbye...On the otherhand the server's were excellent and we tipped accordingly...I for one feel some may be getting too comfortable in the position of concierge...This has varied from ship to ship but as a D+ this was such a surprise to us...we're very low key cruisers and rarely ask for or expect much...but this was :eek::eek:.

Now I am curious. I see posts from people saying that there is no honor bar....My last RCCL cruise was September 2013 on Liberty of the Seas from Barcelona, and no, there was no honor bar, but in the Concierge Lounge each night there was an open bar and hors douerves...are people saying they no longer have the open bar in the lounge?

Now I am curious. I see posts from people saying that there is no honor bar....My last RCCL cruise was September 2013 on Liberty of the Seas from Barcelona, and no, there was no honor bar, but in the Concierge Lounge each night there was an open bar and hors douerves...are people saying they no longer have the open bar in the lounge?

Honor bar just means self serve. Way back in the day there was an under-counter fridge stocked with beer and a setup of liquor bottles on the counter with the appetizers. If you wanted a basic drink you mixed it yourself or grabbed a beer. There were less servers in the lounge and people were topping off and walking out with drinks. Now the "open bar" just means you order from a server who will prepare the drink for you, usually in another area.

Still free drinks in the lounge, but you are asked to consume the drinks in the lounge.

On the ship or in the Concierge Lounge or?

Over and above the added tip on your added

receipt 15% or ? No expected tip in the Lounge.

Up to you, but cash is nice for them as you shake

hands to the server as you leave, if you so desire!

Bet you'll get a nice smile though! Buck or two! :p

Of course you are expected to tip the server in the CL - they do not even get the 15% the bar servers get as drinks are complimentary. Some tip by the drink, some each evening and some at the end of the cruise. We've had the same server each night and give $30-40 each the last night.