Acceptable tip for Concierge

You will get a lot of different views on this. It really amounts to the quality of service you end up getting. My suggestion would be around $10 starting out, if you ask for many things at different times, then around $20 total. Ultimately, it is your call and given that you are actually thinking about it leads me to believe that you will tip appropriately.

If you are in a suite and use the concierge for;

-continental breakfast

-Hors d'oeuvres

-use the honor bar

-reservations for Specialty Dining, Explorations Shore Excursions

-appointments for the Salon or for Spa Treatments

- assistance with Show Ticketing

- Movies and CDs

- Business services

we usually tip them between $50-$100 for a 7 day cruise.

By the way, do you get free internet use in the Concierge Lounge?

I'm thinking that the concierge position is very highly coveted especially on the larger ships. With the Oasis and allure having 78 full suites even averaging $20 per suite that is a little over $1500 per week. I realize that everyone may not tip but there are those tipping up to $100.

We generally tip $20 per night, slightly more for an exceptional concierge. However, last week on the Allure, the concierge was really just lousy and was no help, so we only tipped the bar servers in the DL.

We generally tip $20 per night, slightly more for an exceptional concierge. However, last week on the Allure, the concierge was really just lousy and was no help, so we only tipped the bar servers in the DL.

:eek:

Concierge who does a few things during the week = $50.

$20 per night I can't imagine. What is he doing for you?

:eek:

Concierge who does a few things during the week = $50.

$20 per night I can't imagine. What is he doing for you?

I look at it like this:

We drink 4 drinks each per night, at $8 a drink, that's $64 a night for a savings of $44.

They are saving us a lot of money and they take very good care of us the next time we sail with them.

Like I said, I only do that if they are very good. Somebody unfriendly or unhelpful gets a thank you and a handshake.

I look at it like this:

We drink 4 drinks each per night, at $8 a drink, that's $64 a night for a savings of $44.

They are saving us a lot of money and they take very good care of us the next time we sail with them.

Like I said, I only do that if they are very good. Somebody unfriendly or unhelpful gets a thank you and a handshake.

I tip the bar servers based on drinks served. I tip the concierge separately, usually a general amount based on how much I asked them to do for me.

We had the same service on the Navigator. The bar servers got a nice heft tip while Ms. Concierge didn't get anything. A first time for us.

BUT the concierge on the Serenade during our December cruise was excellent. During the peak times in the early evening when the Diamond Lounge was packed he helped get drinks and served drinks. Removed the empty horderves plates, removed the empty glasses and much more. I'm sure at the end of the cruise he received many tips because everyone we saw on the last evening had envelopes they were giving him.

I look at it like this:

I am sure they appreciate any tip but your logic is a bit flawed here. The concierge is a salaried position. You will find no published tip guidelines because a tip is not expected. They are not saving you money on drinks; the drinks are provided as a thank you by Royal Caribbean for your loyalty/patronage to expensive cabins.

Booking reservations, etc. is within the benefits provided by the concierge. It is their job. They are a dedicated member of the guest services team. As such asking them to do "something" is not going above and beyond. When a concierge takes particular care of an issue or does something unique a tip may be warranted.

I am sure they appreciate any tip but your logic is a bit flawed here. The concierge is a salaried position. You will find no published tip guidelines because a tip is not expected. They are not saving you money on drinks; the drinks are provided as a thank you by Royal Caribbean for your loyalty/patronage to expensive cabins.

Booking reservations, etc. is within the benefits provided by the concierge. It is their job. They are a dedicated member of the guest services team. As such asking them to do "something" is not going above and beyond. When a concierge takes particular care of an issue or does something unique a tip may be warranted.

I don't think my logic is flawed. I'm still saving a significant amount of money and I like rewarding people for going above and beyond. It's as simple as that.

I don't think my logic is flawed. I'm still saving a significant amount of money and I like rewarding people for going above and beyond. It's as simple as that.

Above and beyond sure. But you drinking free drinks is the concierge doing zero.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

I agree with you but on the other hand, I can't help but notice the Concierge tip envelopes that have appeared in all the lounges recently.

I do tip the heck out of the servers though.

I agree with you but on the other hand, I can't help but notice the Concierge tip envelopes that have appeared in all the lounges recently.

I do tip the heck out of the servers though.

I'm not opposed to tipping the concierge, but they are part of the salaried guest services team. I won't tip them for merely being in the room or greeting me pleasantly; that is the most basic aspect of their job. If I ask them a question or have them handle something trivial, I also may not tip them. If they show extra attention or handle a complex issue, or do something unexpected above and beyond their normal job role I would certainly tip them.

Service staff in the lounges I tip with cash with every drink I order.

I'm not opposed to tipping the concierge, but they are part of the salaried guest services team. I won't tip them for merely being in the room or greeting me pleasantly; that is the most basic aspect of their job. If I ask them a question or have them handle something trivial, I also may not tip them. If they show extra attention or handle a complex issue, or do something unexpected above and beyond their normal job role I would certainly tip them.

Service staff in the lounges I tip with cash with every drink I order.

I agree 100% ! On my cruise, and having the Concierge as part of my Suite experience, I tip based on my one on one with them on the cruise! Sometimes I do not use their service and sometimes they will call my room to see if they can be of any help on the cruise and invite me to meet them in the lounge, and sometimes not!

Tips, I give $20-$40 for 7 days, based on how we connect and use the service! Always works for me!

In a similar question and asking for opinions- how much does one tip the bar tenders and staff?

On the ship or in the Concierge Lounge or?

Over and above the added tip on your added

receipt 15% or ? No expected tip in the Lounge.

Up to you, but cash is nice for them as you shake

hands to the server as you leave, if you so desire!

Bet you'll get a nice smile though! Buck or two! :p