upgrade question

yvr49

I booked a guaranteed inside cabin for our cruise next week - just received a notice offering an upgrade of one category from IF to IE. My question is, what happens if I turn down the upgrade that is offered? Is it likely I will be offered a better upgrade or will I go back down to the lower category?

I booked a guaranteed inside cabin for our cruise next week - just received a notice offering an upgrade of one category from IF to IE. My question is, what happens if I turn down the upgrade that is offered? Is it likely I will be offered a better upgrade or will I go back down to the lower category?

What notice did you get?

Usually they just assign you a cabin especially if its still an inside.

This may be a little better location but surely not an upgrade.

"IT IS OUR PLEASURE TO ADVISE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED A COMPLIMENTARY (AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE) UPGRADE INTO THE CATEGORY/CABIN LISTED. PLEASE NOTIFY US WITHIN 48 HOURS IF YOU CHOOSE TO DECLINE THIS COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE

ON THIS CONFIRMATION."

When we booked several months ago, a complimentary upgrade was one of the items on the 3 for Free promo....so am I right in thinking the move from IF to IE would have occurred no matter what?

If I turn down this offer what are my chances of getting a better upgrade? The cruise is only a week away now.

"IT IS OUR PLEASURE TO ADVISE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED A COMPLIMENTARY (AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE) UPGRADE INTO THE CATEGORY/CABIN LISTED. PLEASE NOTIFY US WITHIN 48 HOURS IF YOU CHOOSE TO DECLINE THIS COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE

ON THIS CONFIRMATION."

When we booked several months ago, a complimentary upgrade was one of the items on the 3 for Free promo....so am I right in thinking the move from IF to IE would have occurred no matter what?

If I turn down this offer what are my chances of getting a better upgrade? The cruise is only a week away now.

Sounds like you have a choice of category IE or IF.

ON THIS CONFIRMATION."

we booked a cruise with the 3 for free promo and no mention of an upgrade, if you knock it back you might get the cat you paid for

In all probability, if you reject this cabin assignment, you'll get more of the same. With the cabin reconfiguration, you now have 90% chance of getting what you paid for when booking guarantees.

You asked this question three different ways and we've answered you. Sort you didn't like the answer. You can always call Princess and ask if you can upgrade for a fee.

"You asked this question three different ways and we've answered you. Sort you didn't like the answer."

Sorry, thought I only asked the question one way and I didn't say I don't like the answer. I appreciate everyone's comments and will probably leave well enough alone at this point :o

Just curious, what do you mean with the "cabin reconfiguration" you now have a 90% chance of getting what you paid for?

Last year Princess reclassified the cabins and the great upgrades we used to get in the past by booking guarantees are now a thing of the past. S, now when you book a guarantee, the odds of getting what you paid for are very high.

Last year Princess reclassified the cabins and the great upgrades we used to get in the past by booking guarantees are now a thing of the past. S, now when you book a guarantee, the odds of getting what you paid for are very high.

Thanks! I understand. No way to upgrade within category anymore so if one is lucky and gets an upgrade it is to a different category.

Edited by dickinson

Thanks! I understand. No way to upgrade within category anymore so if one is lucky and gets an upgrade it is to a different category.

No.... You can still get upgraded within a category... in fact, those are the most frequent upgrades. The meta upgrades (inside to ocean view, ocean view to balcony) are now much harder to get...

Can anyone clarify please, we've just booked Regal for Aug, 4 inside cabins, we were asked if wanted to accept Meta upgrades but advised if we did once upgraded cabin had been assigned that we could not go back to the original, reading this thread and seeing what YVR49 received from Princess, is this the norm or because is was part of the deal?

We've only put 2 out of the 4 cabins on Meta as we have a 15 & 16 year old in one of the cabins and worried they may end up miles away from one of the adult cabins....

If you want cabins close to each other, it's best to book them and mark your booking "no upgrade." Otherwise, you could end up several decks away on opposite ends of the ship.

We realize that which is why we have only put 2/4 on upgrade, however if when contacted with an upgrade, like stated above we could then decide at that point, we only need one set of parents near the 2 girls, also by having all 4 rooms on possible upgrade it gives a better chance of getting 1/2 upgrades.

Basically just wondered if what we have been told is correct or do peeps have time to call and decline before they give your original cabin away..