Changes to Captain Circle benefits

redtogo

Like a glass of wine or a wine flight at Vines up to $9.50 :)

Brian, I couldn't agree more! But that may not happen because they are probably happy when we don't attend the complimentary Grapevine tasting. :rolleyes:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Exactly, that would be like us trying to trade our internet minutes we never use for something else.

This is true for all Elite perks. Some we use ... some we don't. No problem. :)

LuLu

Please send me your minutes. I always need more to do the Live. :D

Please send me your minutes. I always need more to do the Live. :D

Gosh, if we were on a cruise with you, we would love to give you ours because you do such GREAT lives. Would have no idea how to give them to you but sure you could figure it out. :D

LuLu

My next cruise will be my last as Platinum and I look forward to Elite.

Anyone remember glass cocktail glasses that you kept?

I remember on Sitmar cruises EVERYONE received an etched lead crystal glass and a free photo with the captain at the repeat cruiser's party.

mnTJ0C2b6DdqmWZue4plm2w.jpg

sitmarlogo2.jpg

Ah, the good ole days.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

mnTJ0C2b6DdqmWZue4plm2w.jpg

sitmarlogo2.jpg

Ah, the good ole days.....:):):)

Bob

Sitmar's Fairwind was my 1st "Princess" cruise in summer 1988 & then 6 months later as the Dawn Princess...minus the Fairwind's great pizzeria which finally returned as Alfredo's Pizzeria. :)

We give ours to bar owners on the islands. They like to display them. We don't like to cart them home. It's a win-win.

ETA: Another win-win is when Princess shakes up the wine tastings a bit and offers wines that aren't the same Robert Mondavis, etc. Generoso did that on the Emerald Princess and I tasted a merlot I would never have otherwise tried. I adored it, and drank every remaining bottle on the ship over the next few cruises (and then brought some on from Total Wines). There is so much more that could be done with the wine tasting that, in the end, would benefit on board revenue in addition to enhancing the passenger experience.

Like maybe if they had the wine tastings early in the cruise instead of on the last sea day the way they did this last winter!

Even if I'd found something I liked (I didn't, they served the same tired selection they've had for years :( ) I would have only had one day to order it.

As far as Sitmar - I have a BEAUTIFUL Limoges serving platter that we received as returning passengers.

I also have an etched glass Champagne flute (only one left as I broke the other one) that we received from Princess a long time ago as a prize for something. (It has the sea witch logo so I guess it's not that old.)

Edited by chamima

Sitmar's Fairwind was my 1st "Princess" cruise in summer 1988 & then 6 months later as the Dawn Princess...minus the Fairwind's great pizzeria which finally returned as Alfredo's Pizzeria. :)

Our first "Princess" was a Fair something; forget which one. That was in 1984.

This summer will be the 40th anniversary of my first cruise--Fairwind, July 19th, 1974. I'd like to say I was a child traveling with my parents, but I was in my mid 20's.

I still have pictures of the captain and me from the Circolo parties, but I don't have the glasses anymore.

Possibly Fairsky. We cruised on her back then. She later became Sky Princess.

We still have a Sitmar hat and beach bag ... but no glasses like Bob has.

LuLu

I can never understand the logic of some people. Princess has the best loyalty awards of all the cruise lines IMHO. Yet there are some who are complaining about the wine, the free glasses, the internet minutes, the laundry, the Captain's Party, the Elite/Platinum happy hour etc. IT'S FREE PEOPLE!! Either use it or don't, but don't complain about it.:rolleyes:

I can never understand the logic of some people. Princess has the best loyalty awards of all the cruise lines IMHO. Yet there are some who are complaining about the wine, the free glasses, the internet minutes, the laundry, the Captain's Party, the Elite/Platinum happy hour etc. IT'S FREE PEOPLE!! Either use it or don't, but don't complain about it.:rolleyes:

Amen

Very well said and totally agree;)....best loyalty perks IMO also:)

The Fairwind sailed out of Florida, and the Fairseas sailed out of Los Angeles for quite a while. Then, they brought the Fairsky on and we went to Alaska on it when it was pretty new. Also did our first Panama cruise on the Fairsky.

That is what started our addiction to cruising. In those days, we could have bon voyage parties on the ship and many of our co-workers got hooked on cruising because of the parties !!

Edited by swedish weave

Possibly Fairsky. We cruised on her back then. She later became Sky Princess.

We still have a Sitmar hat and beach bag ... but no glasses like Bob has.

LuLu

Maybe it was the Fairwind's sister ship the Fairsea which became the Fair Princess in 1988. I have a book published in 2009 called "P&O Princess: The Cruise Ships" which also includes the history of each cruise ship up to the Ruby Princess. Sitmar's all Italian & Portuguese crew provided amazing white glove service & i'm very thankful that I got to experience it. :D

I have a pair of Fairwind coffee mugs that I purchased in the gift shop and it's made in England from "Fine Bone China".

Edited by Astro Flyer

comes back to a full circle of entitlement, give someone a little, they want even more

We are currently completing the 2nd cruise of our back to back on the Ruby. On the first cruise the Elite wine tasting did include the cute frosty glasses. But on our current cruise we only got those cheap plastic glasses worthy of the trash heap. And as to Elite amenities we think that Celebrity far outclasses Princess with the daily free cocktail parties and daily Elite breakfasts which include drinks.

Hank

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are currently completing the 2nd cruise of our back to back on the Ruby. On the first cruise the Elite wine tasting did include the cute frosty glasses. But on our current cruise we only got those cheap plastic glasses worthy of the trash heap. And as to Elite amenities we think that Celebrity far outclasses Princess with the daily free cocktail parties and daily Elite breakfasts which include drinks.

Hank Sent from my iPad using Forums

Different strokes and all that....some prefer the daily cocktail parties and other want free internet and clean clothes!

Ahhh. But on Celebrity we also get unlimited free laundry (Elite Plus) and several hundred free internet minutes (we do get more minutes on Princess). The Elites do get free internet minutes and limited free laundry.

Ahhh. But on Celebrity we also get unlimited free laundry (Elite Plus) and several hundred free internet minutes (we do get more minutes on Princess). The Elites do get free internet minutes and limited free laundry.

I just don't like the thought of starting at the bottom again!:)

When did Princess have a FREE Elite/Platinum Happy Hour? I thought it was $3.95 per selected drink for that evening. Last time we were on Royal Princess Nov 2014.

Thanks.

When did Princess have a FREE Elite/Platinum Happy Hour? I thought it was $3.95 per selected drink for that evening. Last time we were on Royal Princess Nov 2014.

Thanks.

I guess the way I wrote it was ambiguous. I was listing some of the Elite/Platinum bennies and I did leave out others.:)

Edited by Ethel5