Web Site Gone Crazy

Was just checking my two cruises for 2015 on the "purchased and held cruises" page. First time the price was $18,000+, Next check it was $3,000+ (would have loved that and the third time I went to the site it was $33,000+ owed for the two B2B cruises.

Called RCI and my numbers are still good but web site is messed up. If you see a crazy number on this page, it's just a messed up web site, not your real bill.:)

Was just checking my two cruises for 2015 on the "purchased and held cruises" page. First time the price was $18,000+, Next check it was $3,000+ (would have loved that and the third time I went to the site it was $33,000+ owed for the two B2B cruises.

Called RCI and my numbers are still good but web site is messed up. If you see a crazy number on this page, it's just a messed up web site, not your real bill.:)

The IT department has been a bit technologically challenged of late if you ask me. Site is down, C&A points vanishing in thin air, cruise pricing :eek::eek: all crazy. Your getting off cheap. Was researching some dates and bookings and found a balcony price in the 6 figures :eek: pp.

My company's payroll program did the same thing yesterday. Some got 150% pay and some got <50% pay. :eek: be happy you have an invoice.

Would be great for management...Pick one day, no one books online, everyone calls RCI...Jam the phone lines. Sit on hold for hours. When you reach someone, tell them the only reason you are calling is to tell them their web site stinks....then hang up.

SO frustrating! such a fine product, you would think they would address the problem and smooth the path for folks attempting to spend $$$$ with RCI.

I Usually find that the total owing on he purchased and held page that lists all of your cruises is inaccurate. You have to select a specific cruise and select he payments tab to see the accurate amount.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

When I hear about this and see it myself It almost always occurs on a weekend, and it is my weekly entertainment.

It should be back to normal by tomorrow evening.

Hey if it goes to $00.99:eek: Claim it!!!!!

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Sea Ya

Would be so nice... last week all my cruises were listed at $0.08 owing as final payment. Today.... zero owing...

IoG0RawnNgoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

When I hear about this and see it myself It almost always occurs on a weekend, and it is my weekly entertainment.

It should be back to normal by tomorrow evening.

Sea Ya

Sadly this time it is not just a "weekend thing"......this has been going on for well over a week now.....:o

Mine was all over the place last night too. For a $2K cruise, it was jumping all over. Up to $36K, down to $7K, up to $18K, then back down. This morning it was back to normal. It also wouldn't let me pay for drink packages or anything online. I had to calL C&A to get them to take care of it. I hope the IT departments gets their act together one of these days!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I go into my cruises in the C&A member's area, under purchased and held, they have listed all my future cruises with a balance of (Total Price*: $21,470.58 USD) for each cruise. Yesterday they were all about $9000.00, day before were around $7000.00.

I even has a 3 Nighter on Anthem that indicated the 3 Nights were for the Bahamas on Enchantment.

Had to call Royal to verify my 3 Nighter was on the correct ship, Anthem and not the Enchantment and they told me not to worry.

Wait, I just checked again before sending this post and now they indicate I owe Total Price*: $18,077.95 USD balance for all cruises. Okay within seconds the balance changed again to Total Price*: $24,575.19 USD for all cruises.

What kind of cheap programming did they install, don't they test these upgrades to their system before it goes live? Apparently not!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked in IT and when we did system updates on the weekends, we would technically have a message pop up to tell users, system not available. At time system updates were to start at midnight, letting users use the system during the day on weekend . We would do weeks of system testing before releasing it to the public. I know it's the weekend and updates are done, but never have I seen such a mess with an IT dept, for a company as big as RCI is, they should all be ashamed of themselves and be fired.

Wait, I wanted to check all my cruises again before I send this and now they indicate my balance is Total Price*: $1,190.44 USD on all cruises, that's not bad now, but one of them is PIF.

They really put the W------O--------W-----into WOW!

Booked Jewel 2 weeks ago and all payments have disappeared and we have no balance C&A said wait a few days for it to settle:rolleyes:

Excursions booked this morning and even more fun, booked 3 said we had booked 9 ( trust me I am not that active to do 9 in 1 week)

So after yesterday's fun with x 2 $1500 deposits authorized and then RC GIVING US $1500 back I have little faith in the website

Some advice

1. Screenshot all bookings

2. Get emails from C&A on all payments and history (worth 15 min wait on phone)

3. Take an image of Points as people have been reporting these vanishing also

4. Check with your bank on all transactions and make sure they have been authorized and processed

5. Keep calling C&A to reiterate the issues with IT and the website

6. Keep calm and carry on cruising :)

Happy Days