Two ships in port

Scottohiocpa

We will be in port on June 5th on the Glory. We have to share it with the Sunshine so there will be more cruise passengers than inhabitants. The sunshine arrives at 8:00am and we don't get there until 11:00am. I am thinking they will get all the prime spots in Margaritaville and Jacks. Has anyone been on the island when another ship beat them into port, and were all the good spots gone?:eek:

Hi....I was in Grand Turks last week with 2 ships in Port, and will say it was crowded. Was really looking forward to the Turks and thought it was just okay. The beach as so so, a little rocky, not super clean, and was hard to get 3 chairs together. Also, margaritaville as neat, but again crowded, couldnt get chairs at all and crowded. Felt very Man Made, still a pretty place, heard great reviews about jacks. If your ship gets there first Im sure you will be fine. Enjoy!

The first ship that arrives at 8:00 will probably have an all-aboard of 2:00. So you should have a few hours in the afternoon for just your ship.

The sunshine is there from 8:00 am to 4:00. We are there from 11:00 to 5:30. I am hoping Margaritaville clears out at 3:30 so we can enjoy it for the last 1.5 hours before we get back on board.

Just found out that there will be 2 ships there when we arrive on July 17th.:(

Does anyone know how to reserve one of the poolside cabanas? We are traveling with my handicapped father and this sounds like a great option for him and with 2 ships I'm sure they go fast.

Having two ships n this port is typical. If you are the second ship it will be crowded by the time you get there but you will still get a spot to sit and those who get there first will likely leave at some point.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

According to the port schedule, there are 2 ships in port about 5 days a month.

As expected, the area around Margaritaville was packed with Sunshine cruisers who got there at 8:00am. Further down, Jack's shack had all the umbrellas and chairs taken too. Around 2:00 it started to clear out at Jack's and Margaritaville cleared out at 2:30 as the Sunshine left at 4:00. We were able to get 4 nice chairs poolside in Margaritaville from 3:00 to 5:00 before we had to get back on the ship. At 4:00 they offered Margaritas at buy one get one (usually $11.00 each).

The area to the right of the ship was not crowded at any time and there were lots of chairs to pick from. However this area is rocky and not good for swimming without water shoes.

Just as we were getting ready to get off the ship in Grand Turk, the CD came over the speakers and said no food was allowed off the ship. We had ordered sandwiches from room service. We left them behind and went ashore. No one was checking anything, so you probably could take stuff with no problems. I suspect they want you to buy more overpriced food at Margaritaville.

We went for a hike around the southern point, then got back on the ship for some lunch. The back off for the beach.

I just checked the port schedule. We're on the Caribbean Princess, arriving in Grand Turk at noon on August 7. The Carnival Splendor is getting there three hours head of us but will be leaving at 3. I'm thinking of waiting until around 2:30 to get off the ship. That will give us three or four hours to enjoy the beach after the Splendor's passengers have left.

I just checked the port schedule. We're on the Caribbean Princess, arriving in Grand Turk at noon on August 7. The Carnival Splendor is getting there three hours head of us but will be leaving at 3. I'm thinking of waiting until around 2:30 to get off the ship. That will give us three or four hours to enjoy the beach after the Splendor's passengers have left.

It might clear out sooner because some people will opt to get back on the ship instead of buying lunch for $$$$.

You could also use 1:00 to 2:00 to take a walk down to the southernmost point - Boaby point - about a quarter mile. Or take a look around in the shops.

• 1 year later...

Often there are two ships in port.

Normally, I would recommend getting off the ship early to get a nice spot on the beach with chairs.

In your case, you might still be fine but at least get off your ship as soon as possible assuming the other ship arrived before you did.

Keith

We were in port with another Carnival ship. We arrived about an hour before the other one. We went over to Margarettaville just before they let the other ships passengers loose. Found a table right next to the wet bar, and parked there for a few hours. The crowd began to come in and it got really croweded in the pool, and the lounges around the pool were going quickly. Had a great time with the other ships passengers. Hope there are two ships in port this January