First Princess Cruise first Mini suite

rwstout

I just jumped and upgraded to a mini suite D711. Did I do the right thing? We are sailing June 1 to Alaska. Does anyone ave pictures of this room? How is princess over all?
All mini-suites are essentially the same. The only difference is location. It's not really a suite but more like a "superior verandah" on HAL. Balcony is 9'x7' and on Dolphin deck, balconies are completely uncovered and you're exposed to the elements; Emerald deck balconies are completely covered and protected/private. Princess is very similar to HAL. I'm Elite on Princess and a 3-star Mariner on HAL. Overall, I think food and service is better on Princess. Edited by Pam in CA

You get about 100 sqft of extra real estate and a bathtub ( so a larger shower area).

You get a glass of "welcome sparkling wine". Ugh. Headache in a glass... you can have mine!

I like the couch and the space- totally worth it!

We like Hal so that is good to know they are comparable. I was just wondering what the rooms were like. And to see if there are any pictures out there.
Here ya go:

Crown%2520D418%25202.jpg

Crown%2520D418%25201.jpg

Mini%2520bathroom%2520-%2520sink%2520%2527n%2520storage.jpg

Mini%2520bathroom%2520-%2520tub%2520area.jpg

Closet area outside bathroom door:

DSC01146.JPG

If you get an end Mini, you will get an extended balcony, which gives you a really cool wake view as well. It really makes the whole cabin feel lso much bigger! I highly recommend these cabins and tried to get into one onboard the Golden, a year from now, and they're both booked.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

We had our first mini on our last cruise. If you do a search on Youtube there is a video or two of people doing walk-throughs of the room and bathroom. We liked our Dolphin mini and enjoyed the open balcony. As another CC friend pointed out, it will let more light into the room than a covered minisuite balcony.

Do you get any extras with mini suites
A glass of (bad) sparkling wine at sailaway. There are a LOT of mini-suites so while nice, there are no perks or special extras. Full suites, yes because there are just a few of them and they are at a premium, but not mini-suites.

You'll get a bath tub; you'll get better towels; the bathroom amenities are from the spa; you'll get a nice sitting area with a couch and another T.V. My SIL turned her champagne into a mimosa by ordering orange juice from room service.

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see which ship the opening poster is sailing on. If it's the Coral or Island then D711 will be a covered mini suite.

OP, we love the mini suites. There is a nice sitting area, full bath, larger closet and more shelf room that the regular balcony cabins. You get plusher towels and bathrobes and more shelf space in the bathroom too. There is storage around the refrigerator/TV area that sort of seperates the two areas. I like that for placing things that we use thru out the cruise. The table in the sitting area is great for room service to drop off your morning coffee, etc as the balcony table can be a little small for everything.

I think you made an excellent choice!

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see which ship the opening poster is sailing on. If it's the Coral or Island then D711 will be a covered mini suite.

OP, we love the mini suites. There is a nice sitting area, full bath, larger closet and more shelf room that the regular balcony cabins. You get plusher towels and bathrobes and more shelf space in the bathroom too. There is storage around the refrigerator/TV area that sort of seperates the two areas. I like that for placing things that we use thru out the cruise. The table in the sitting area is great for room service to drop off your morning coffee, etc as the balcony table can be a little small for everything.

I think you made an excellent choice!

In post #10, OP stated she is on the Grand.

If you get an end Mini, you will get an extended balcony, which gives you a really cool wake view as well. It really makes the whole cabin feel lso much bigger! I highly recommend these cabins and tried to get into one onboard the Golden, a year from now, and they're both booked.

I guess I was lucky to snag the aft mini on the June 8 Grand. I was hoping to be able to watch the wake and a larger view all around. This is a nice link showing the equivalent aft mini on the Star http://eatpraycruise.blogspot.com/

My wife and I enjoy the extra sitting area of the mini. The couch is a nice place to eat room service, if it is too cold for the balcony. Also, being a bit challenged in the hair dept. :o I like the full covered balcony on the Emerald deck.

I guess I was lucky to snag the aft mini on the June 8 Grand. I was hoping to be able to watch the wake and a larger view all around. This is a nice link showing the equivalent aft mini on the Star http://eatpraycruise.blogspot.com/

My wife and I enjoy the extra sitting area of the mini. The couch is a nice place to eat room service, if it is too cold for the balcony. Also, being a bit challenged in the hair dept. :o I like the full covered balcony on the Emerald deck.

That's exactly what it looked like onboard the Crown. I'll have it again on September 20th [on Port side]. It's a very sweet cabin. Love that extra turn on the veranda. The folks who were next to us kept leaning over to see our easy view.

Onboard the Golden, 10 day, on April 6, 2015, I was only able to get the cabin next door, all the end mini's were taken! They get scooped-up very quickly!