What Do You Think About A New York Rangers Legends Cruise?

Suesan Jean

My DD is a TRUE BLUE Rangers Fan and I like to cruise. :D:D

Has anyone been on a "theme" cruise?

What did you think?

I know it is not going to be "up close and personal", but, will my DD be happy do you think?

This is our first cruise on Celebrity.

For Dinner, can we wear "cruise casual" or do we have to dress up?

We will be in "Anytime Dining" or whatever Celebrity calls it.

Thank you for any thoughts and comments. :)

There will be formal nights. On a 7 night cruise, there are two of them.

You can go to one of the specialty restaurants or eat at the buffet if you choose not to dress up.

The remaining nights are called "smart casual and above".

If "cruise casual" means shorts and flip flops, no, you can't be that casual in the dining room.

For Select Dining (Celebrity's version of Any time Dining) you will be in the Main Dining Room, and the dress code will apply there.

There will be formal nights. On a 7 night cruise, there are two of them.

You can go to one of the specialty restaurants or eat at the buffet if you choose not to dress up.

The remaining nights are called "smart casual and above".

If "cruise casual" means shorts and flip flops, no, you can't be that casual in the dining room.

For Select Dining (Celebrity's version of Any time Dining) you will be in the Main Dining Room, and the dress code will apply there.

No shorts or flip flops, dresses or capris. :)

Many years ago, we ended up on a WUOJ (washed up old jocks) baseball cruise.

Did not know it until we boarded

As I recall, several Hall of Famers including Rickey Henderson , Wade Boggs

and several others were on board.

They made a few group appearances . and seemed open to "hanging with the passengers. Especially willing, if you bought them drinks or if you were an attractive young woman.

If things go as I hope this year, your DH will be glad that his Rangers made it to the Stanley Cup Finals, but sad that they lost in a great series to my Blackhawks.

Hope that Phil Esposito is one of the "legends". Great player and a very colorful guy.

He was probably the worst trade that the Blackhawks ever made, sending him to Boston for Pit Martin. Phil was not at all happy to later be traded by the Bruins to New York for Brad Park

I could be a lot of fun , especially for a Rangers fan. Enjoy your cruise.

If things go as I hope this year, your DH will be glad that his Rangers made it to the Stanley Cup Finals, but sad that they lost in a great series to my Blackhawks.

I could be a lot of fun , especially for a Rangers fan. Enjoy your cruise.

:D:D!!! VERY FUNNY!!!:D But, The Rangers are OF COURSE WINNING THE STANLEY CUP!!!

If only Canadian hockey teams played as well in the Stanley Cup as they do in the Olympics. Go Canadiens, but being down two games it's unlikely they'll go much further, but here's hoping!

If only Canadian hockey teams played as well in the Stanley Cup as they do in the Olympics. Go Canadiens, but being down two games it's unlikely they'll go much further, but here's hoping!

If the Rangers loose, which OF COURSE they won't!!! :D I hope that Montreal wins!! :D

There are a few theme cruises on every cruise line. One was with Kid Rock. NASCAR, baseball, country legends, and etc. It is a marketing tool to get new people to cruise and a way to generate revenue.

They usually hold special shows or parties for those that pay the extra to participate. You may get a special one on one photo, autograph and ect. Sometimes you also have to pay extra for that. Chances of hanging out with one is very small as there will be hundreds of others also on the cruise for the same thing. If it is a dedicated charter cruise they may hang out more in the public areas but if it is not a charter and a seperate package on a regular cruise they may not as they won't want to be available to those that didn't pay for package.

There should be a schedule of events and etc available to view before you book. I am sure if you google theme cruises or etc will find more info and feed back from passengers that have attended them.

The only way to find out is to book it and find out first hand as everyone has their own expectations and passions.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🚢

• 2 weeks later...
If the Rangers loose, which OF COURSE they won't!!! :D I hope that Montreal wins!! :D

Congratulations on your team beating mine. May the Rangers beat L.A. too. All four of the teams who were in the semi-finals played really well. The fact that both series went to seven games shows how good they were.

I'm torn on a themed cruise.

KISS did(or is doing) another one and they play 3-4 sets on the ship. I would go see a KISS show, but aside from that, what would we talk about if I were with them? How's the family?

I've never been one of those fans that is star struck. They are people just like us and I would think they want time to themselves as well.

My sister won a drawing one time and got to have lunch with Nolan Ryan....just him and her....how freaking awkward.

I once coached a kid whose father was working for some NHL club as a scout in the Northwest. He told me that he was once asked to evaluate a certain young prospect. His report: the kid lacks speed, is short on both skill and tactical awareness...not a great prospect.

Who was that young prospect? Mark Messier!

I was on a New Jersey Giants themed cruise with NCL several years ago. Generally, you will not have access unless you booked through the Travel Agency that booked the cruise. We did not. You will see them around the ship but the special events are only for participants. We did go on a shore excursion with one of the players and we were talking to him a bit but it was mostly about the snorkeling we were doing. I was asked by Harry Carson to take a picture of him and I guess his wife in the caves in Atlantis. The cruise we had included both current players and some retired players. There were really only about ten on the ship.

I once coached a kid whose father was working for some NHL club as a scout in the Northwest. He told me that he was once asked to evaluate a certain young prospect. His report: the kid lacks speed, is short on both skill and tactical awareness...not a great prospect.

Who was that young prospect? Mark Messier!

I am sure that you can find mny stories like that about great players. m

Gordy Howe was another where some one didn't think that he had the qualifications.

Living in the Detroit area I have heard the same about Al Kaline of the Tigers and etc.

I am sure tha there is also one about number 99 floating around.

Many times those stories get told at a roast or sport banquet and then get repeated. Really doesn't mean anything as they had their career.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Kaline was my favorite player growing up! He was unusual in that he went to the Tigers straight out of high school and never spent a day in the minors.

Did he play wing? :p

Some of these old guys can really be a lot of fun.

To the OP. "I would never think of it" cause it's a New York Ranger thingy.