Accommodation Singapore

That Marina Bay Sands room is very blah, in my opinion, although it does look a decent size! Great views though.

Yes, the rooms in the St Regis are gorgeous. We got upgraded to a Grand Deluxe Room and it was extremely comfortable.

The rooms at the Mandarin Oriental are small but beautiful. This hotel is an older hotel that has been completely refurbished.

The Ritz Carlton also has gorgeous rooms and a huge bathroom with the bath set next to the window.

My favourite used to be the Pan Pacific at Marina Square but it's just had a refurb and the rooms don't look as nice or as comfortable any more.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Hi we are going on a cruise that leaves from Singapore has anyone stayed at the royal Plaza on Scotts or Studio M Hotel, we are looking for somewhere close to cruise centre/site seeing? many thanks Pauline

:)

We stayed at the Royal Plaza on Scotts in March for 4 nights. We had breakfast included which we enjoyed. The rain shower was great, the bed was comfortable enough and they included free snacks 2 water bottles, 1 orange juice and two cans of diet coke each day.

The room we booked was a deluxe but it was pretty ordinary and nothing to get excited over. But at the price we paid, 4 nights for the price of three we were happy enough with it. It is not over a subway but close enough to the entrance of one. Though you do go through a bit of a rabbit warren in the shopping centres to get to the actual station. I would get lost in the underground shopping centres for the first couple of days.:D

My one problem with the hotel was that our room was not cleaned until 7pm one night and when we arrived back to our room the door was opened while it was being cleaned and we walked in and the cleaner did not even check if it was our room. We were on the floor with the pool and gym so everyone had access to our floor and therefore our room when it was being cleaned. There was also another day when our room was cleaned after 5pm. But in saying that once the room was cleaned it was done to a good standard.

As we were just off a ship we kept running into people off our cruise all over Singapore and I heard good reviews for the Pan Pacific down near Marina Bay.

Karryl

Talking about the Pan Pacific, stayed there for a couple of nights towards the end of the SARS epidemic, we were on our way back from Europe. We got into the Pan Pac for a couple of hundred bucks a night as it was only 10% occupancy due to SARS. Very nice hotel in nice area, no doubt these days $400 a night.

Yes some very nice digs in Singa, I love the place, about the only part of Asia I do like, I am not an Asiaphile, not been to Vietnam but it does not appeal to me. Been to Hong Kong, China and Bali, you can keep them too.

Edited by NSWP

karateman

Those photos are amazing, my legs go to jelly just looking at the photos of the infinity pool at Marina Bay Sands.

We are planning on spending 4 nights in singapore prior to our cruise in november. We will definitely spend 1 night at Marina Bay Sands and 3 other nights either on Orchard Rd or near Chinatown. Just trying to narrow it down... although I do like the Pan Pacific.

Have you stayed at any of the Millennium brand hotels in singapore?

Orchard or M Hotel???

As this looked like a nice less expensive option, I checked out Trip Advisor, as one does.

The following comments made me laugh -

"The rooms are compact but at times we felt it is cramped. We wished the wash rooms were slightly bigger. The fat and bulkier lot will find it difficult inside the bath cubicle. The WiFi should be made free as most inmates are out most of the day and possibility of access of net only when they are back to hotel. Breakfast is lavish catering to Vegn and NV but items are repeated everyday. Overall very good stay."

BTW If you book direct via internet, wifi is free. :)

We got free internet but totally missed the inmates:D the lavish breakfast wasnt quite so lavish either but it was a buffet by the pool:)

Nothing much in the area for tourists but with the MRT so close you can just dart off anywhere in aircon comfort.

The airport route on MRT sold me as we were flying out and back in again after a cruise, easiest and cheapest airport to hotel I have ever done :)

Its a minimalist type hotel but very modern. Wouldnt be everyone's cup of tea but we got a great deal on Wotif!

My past few trips to Singapore, I've always stayed at the Conrad on the Club floor. This year, I noticed a decline in service and standards during my stay. Next year , I may try the brand new Sofitel instead

My past few trips to Singapore, I've always stayed at the Conrad on the Club floor. This year, I noticed a decline in service and standards during my stay. Next year , I may try the brand new Sofitel instead

That's interesting. I was there with a couple of friends maybe two years ago and it was excellent. Sad if service levels have declined! Seems to be a common thing in hotels these days :(

• 2 weeks later...
It was open after the grand opening for a few months for PR and to generate interest. By 2012 when I was there before my cruise it was strictly off limits to the public.

The skypark is amazing and like paradise up there. The whole complex is really something to be in awe of. The whole city was in easy access and the new cruise terminal is close by.

When I was there last year, they had 1 or 2 tours each day of the whole area. You paid the regular amount for the visitor viewing area, but had a guided tour.

Check out in advance as it is limited.

It looks like a nice hotel, a fairly classic Singapore business hotel. It's a little out of the way for easy sightseeing. The nearest MRT is at least 15 minutes walk away, which is quite a distance in the Singapore heat and humidity. According to the hotel website there are buses you can get from various MRT stations. Also note that taxis can be very hard to get in the evenings if you are trying to get back to your hotel.

On the plus side, it's just across the river from Robertson Quay and there are some good restaurants there from what I've heard.

It looks good value for money though.