Cabin 7034

midwestchick

[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]On the Journey....anyone stayed here that can tell me about the view? I've looked on the cabins thread but have not seen it. I do believe it's a V2, although I'm not really sure what the difference is between the other V cabins.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='midwestchick'][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]On the Journey....anyone stayed here that can tell me about the view? I've looked on the cabins thread but have not seen it. I do believe it's a V2, although I'm not really sure what the difference is between the other V cabins.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

Hi Midwestchick,

I have not stayed in 7034, but it's in a pretty good location, near the forward elevators. It's definitely a V2. As for what's different about the V category cabins ? That I'm aware of, it's all about location. V1's are considered prime, followed by V2, then V3, in that order. When asking about the view - it should be fine - not obstructed.

Personally, I prefer the cabins near the aft elevators, though some have reported some vibration towards the aft of the ship - but I still like it better than forward.

Hopefully, members who have stayed in this cabin can share additional insights. I hope this is helpful ! Edited by Host Andy

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Midwestchick,

I have not stayed in 7034, but it's in a pretty good location, near the forward elevators. It's definitely a V2. As for what's different about the V category cabins ? That I'm aware of, it's all about location. V1's are considered prime, followed by V2, then V3, in that order. When asking about the view - it should be fine - not obstructed.

Personally, I prefer the cabins near the aft elevators, though some have reported some vibration towards the aft of the ship - but I still like it better than forward.

Hopefully, members who have stayed in this cabin can share additional insights. I hope this is helpful ![/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Thank you, Andy. As always, your posts are always helpful. I booked this with the promo with the double upgrade and then the Choice Air Credit...and I knew I wanted to be portside. I was thinking it was more midship but looking at the deck plans it is more forward. I remember feeling a lot of vibration on X Silhouette in the bathroom and that was midship. What is "more prime" about the V1 cabins? Aren't they the same size?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://media.azamaraclubcruises.com/azamara/content/en_US/images/plan_cruise/ships/Journey/2014/deck7_JR_2014.jpg[/IMG] Edited by midwestchick

I've been in 7038. Good location, no vibration, no obstruction. As Andy said the V1, 2, 3 designation is all about location, but it doesn't always follow you'll have a better location if you pay more. You need to look at what is above and below you to learn whether there might be a noise issue. All V cabins are the same cabin and balcony size except the VXs have a larger balcony. I like deck 7 as you are between cabin decks, no public areas.

Phil Edited by excitedofharpenden

[quote name='midwestchick'][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Thank you, Andy. As always, your posts are always helpful. I booked this with the promo with the double upgrade and then the Choice Air Credit...and I knew I wanted to be portside. I was thinking it was more midship but looking at the deck plans it is more forward. I remember feeling a lot of vibration on X Silhouette in the bathroom and that was midship. What is "more prime" about the V1 cabins? Aren't they the same size?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://media.azamaraclubcruises.com/azamara/content/en_US/images/plan_cruise/ships/Journey/2014/deck7_JR_2014.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Hi Midwestchick,

Yes, the V1's are the same size as V2 & V3. Now that Phil has chimed in with his (as always) excellent advice, I think you should be comfortable with 7034.

Please allow me to clarify something about V1's. I'm wondering if they are "more prime" as I mentioned earlier, so maybe that wasn't the best explanation. Let's put it this way... apparently, Azamara feels the V1's are more desirable, but that's debatable. The V1's are on Deck 8, but they are mostly forward and below public areas... so I'd recommend a V2 over a V1.

As for the mid-ship vibration on Silhoutte, that's a new one for me. I've stayed mid-ship on the S-Class many times, and do not recall anything unusual. As Azamara's ships are completely different from Celebrity's S-Class, I'm virtually certain the condition you've described, would not compare to Azamara's ships - so not to worry. Edited by Host Andy

We were in 7035. Loved the location for its convenience to elevator or just steps to deck 9 where you walked right out to pool deck. No noise, not even the elevators. Views totally unpbstructed. Our room only had a chair versus a small sofa though so Im not sure what cat gives ya the sofa.

[quote name='johnandlinda']We were in 7035. Loved the location for its convenience to elevator or just steps to deck 9 where you walked right out to pool deck. No noise, not even the elevators. Views totally unpbstructed. Our room only had a chair versus a small sofa though so Im not sure what cat gives ya the sofa.[/QUOTE]
I see 7035 is a connecting cabin. You get a chair in the connecting staterooms and a sofa in the non-connecting ones.

Phil

Johnandlinda, in 7035...was the bed & bathroom to the right side when you entered your cabin? Were your feet first as you were sailing while sleeping? Silly question but I like to know the position of the bed. Thanks!

[quote name='excitedofharpenden']I see 7035 is a connecting cabin. You get a chair in the connecting staterooms and a sofa in the non-connecting ones.

Phil[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Phil,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]How can you tell if it's a connecting cabin? On our last cruise, we also had a chair and not a loveseat. We were on deck 6, starboard. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Andy,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I didn't choose deck 8 because of noise issues that I've read about and figured we would be quite happy with deck 7. Actually, deck 6 was fine and we were more forward and it was so easy to get around....we certainly didn't have any complaints.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]The vibration on the Silhouette we only noticed when we would sit on the toilet in the bathroom...have no idea why there was vibration, but it wouldn't stop me from sailing with X again and I would probably choose that same location.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

We've booked 7034 for 2015.
It's close to the forward lifts, no connecting door and between accomodation decks, it looks to be in a good position to us.
We chose this cabin ahead of V1 cabins on deck 8, we hope you can report back that it was a good choice :) Edited by Glenndale

[quote name='midwestchick'][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Phil,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]How can you tell if it's a connecting cabin? On our last cruise, we also had a chair and not a loveseat. We were on deck 6, starboard. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Andy,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]
On your diagram they are those with the black line drawn between them eg 7022/7024. I haven't stayed in one, but think I'm right in saying the Category 08 Ocean View cabins on deck 6 also have a chair instead of sofa.

Phil

Posted reply on the wrong thread

When I was asking questions about cabins - this link was supplied

Cabin review link: [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309656&d=1397683479"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attac...6&d=1397683479[/URL]

You may find this helpful

Also how did you add the deck plan to the post

Every time I try - to add photos , PDF etc. nothing seems to work

Cheers

peter

[quote name='baytraller']Posted reply on the wrong thread

When I was asking questions about cabins - this link was supplied

Cabin review link: [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309656&d=1397683479"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attac...6&d=1397683479[/URL]

You may find this helpful

Also how did you add the deck plan to the post

Every time I try - to add photos , PDF etc. nothing seems to work

Cheers

peter[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Peter,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I also posted on that thread for our first cruise but have not seen our cabin so thought I'd start a thread of my own.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]To post this image, I looked at an image of the deck plan...then I right clicked and saw properties...went to properties and highlighted the http portion and then did a copy and paste and clicked on okay...then I do [img], paste the link and then after I paste it I do [/img] and it should work for you. You can also create a free photobucket account and upload pictures and once uploaded, you can get the same link for posting. It's easy once you get used to it.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[img]http://media.azamaraclubcruises.com/azamara/content/en_US/images/plan_cruise/ships/Journey/deck_09/Journey_Deck_09.gif[/img] [SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Strange...this one took me a bit...for some reason it wasn't working and I had to edit. :confused:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Phil...thank you..I'll have to go back and look at the cabins thread to see what cabin we were in...I think it may have been 6027 but not real surel. It was a verandah cabin...that's what spoiled us on having a verandah...it was also our very first cruise.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I really appreciate all the kind replies and I will definitely post on the cabins thread. By the way...my TA did a great job...he hard a hard time with ACC, Miami but was able to keep us in the same cabin on the 2nd leg of our B2B...what a relief not to have to move. :D That will be one day we can sleep in...do some laundry and just relax until we do the sail away...life is good, isn't it? :p And I just ordered a new camera from QVC...going from a point and shoot to a DSLR...wish me luck...of course it's a Canon...my favorite brand. :D :cool: [/COLOR][/SIZE] Edited by midwestchick

[quote name='excitedofharpenden']On your diagram they are those with the black line drawn between them eg 7022/7024. I haven't stayed in one, but think I'm right in saying the Category 08 Ocean View cabins on deck 6 also have a chair instead of sofa.

Phil[/quote]

We had a connecting V1 deck 8 with only one seat. Our steward very kindly brought us another one, slightly different but still had arms.

Yvonne

[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I checked the cabins thread...we were in 6027 the last time and it is a connecting cabin. Thanks for the education, Phil.....appreciate it.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[img]http://media.azamaraclubcruises.com/azamara/content/en_US/images/plan_cruise/ships/Journey/2014/deck6_JR_2014.jpg[/img]