Can I bring a box of wine?

Vacationlover2

Our table mates on the TA last month packed a box of wine in their checked luggage. I think that is "technically" against the rules, but Celebrity let it through with no problems. I packed a single bottle of Vermouth in my carry on, and Celebrity confiscated it upon embarkation. So good luck!

Ref. Your BOX of wine..

Tell them it is a very vintage "Cardboardeaux". They will like that description.. We would always stop by the local Wal-Mart after traveling to our port and, pick up a box or two for $8.50 or there abouts.

Wal-Mart has a great selection of the Wal-Mart specialities of

"Cardboardeaux wines..." :p

Ref. Your BOX of wine..

Tell them it is a very vintage "Cardboardeaux". They will like that description.. We would always stop by the local Wal-Mart after traveling to our port and, pick up a box or two for $8.50 or there abouts.

Wal-Mart has a great selection of the Wal-Mart specialities of

"Cardboardeaux wines..." :p

Funny.

Celebrity does allow two bottles of wine to be carried on correct? So I guess I am asking if instead of the two bottles, one box would be acceptable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

No not according to Celebrity. If you bring on your 2 bottles you'll have no issue. If you bring on a box it may get taken away. There is no substitution of bottles.

In US stores, there are different size boxes, at least in our part of the world. Some like Almaden are equivalent to five bottles, others like Black Box, perhaps only three bottles. We have taken a box, either size, on board in our checked luggage and it arrived in our stateroom.

I like the boxes since they don't break and keep the opened wine container from exposure to air. But if a cruise line removed it for being over their clearly-stated limit, How could I be upset if it didn't make it to the stateroom? I wouldn't be.

Once in Tuscany, we found wonderful small plain brown boxes of the local product produced where we were staying (with the name handwritten on it by marker) and brought one of each in our luggage (a white and a red) to the ship when we sailed out of Civitavecchia on a transatlantic. It was really nice to have high quality "vin ordinaire" in our room for a nightcap during the long crossing, and those I would have been sorry to lose!

Celebrity does allow two bottles of wine to be carried on correct? So I guess I am asking if instead of the two bottles, one box would be acceptable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If you carry on - No. If you sneak it on - maybe. It states no boxed wines. Back when they first started allowing you to bring on wine we did box with no problem but would not do again.....I am a rule follower...can't help myself.

If you carry on - No. If you sneak it on - maybe. It states no boxed wines. Back when they first started allowing you to bring on wine we did box with no problem but would not do again.....I am a rule follower...can't help myself.

Didn't realize that Celebrity now specifically mentions box wines somewhere in their material. (In FAQ on the website, it just mentions the two bottles). We haven't bothered with box or bottle in recent years.

I'd be grateful if you point me in the right direction, though, so I can cite a reference for my traveling companions if they ask.