Brollys??

swabs

Looking at next weeks weather forecast it looks like we may need an Umbrella when on our Riviera Mediterranean cruise :(

Do Oceania have umbrellas at the gangway / in your cabin that you can use and take ashore?

I am sure they were available on the cruises we have done with Regent.

Fingers crossed we wont need one but it if they are available it means its one less item to pack!

A Brit worrying about rain :D. I thought you all were born with a "brolly" as a part of your body :D

Seriously though, we always travel with small travel umbrellas that are convenient to pack and don't take up too much space. They may not keep you as dry as the larger ones but are much more convenient and sufficient if the rest of the clothing is appropriate for rain.

The umbrellas (golf size) are kept in your cabin closet. If it is windy, don't take. I just took a waterproof jacket with a hood with me. Kept me nice and dry and when the rain quit, it could take it off and put it in my bag.

Edited by no fuss travel

Thanks all for your replies[emoji3]

As you say "a Brit worried about a bit of rain"?? And a Brit who lives "up north" as well!!

It's just that it's nearly June one shouldn't really need a raincoat in the Med in summer!! [emoji299]️[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caught in a windy rainstorm in Barcelona last November, a hotel brolly died shockingly in the first gust. O's brollys are somewhat larger but not certain they are much more robust. I too suggest a good rain jacket as the more practical solution.

JMBobB

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just got off Riviera on Sunday and we never needed any umbrellas. The weather was fabulous the entire time from Istanbul to Barcelona. However, I always bring a small umbrella which easily fits in the bottom of my purse just in case.

Actually I am posting to brag about the fold-up Oceania umbrella I managed to snag as a reward for our trivia prowess onboard!:D

And happily all trivia was played in Martinis and there was not the intense cutthroat competition that I abhored on previous cruises. We enjoyed a very pleasant atmosphere so played more often this trip.