Will price drop on last minute August Bermuda trip?

beachjulie

I know that this is a strange request but I am undecided what to do. I have a room booked on Summit in August. Final payment is in a week. My father is ill in hospital and I am unsure if I want to take the chance and pay final payment just in case. If I cancel I will loose my drink package perk I know. I am wondering what the odds are of it dropping in price to book last minute, if all goes well as we have friends going on the same cruise. It would have to be enough for me to add the drink package cost back on since I will loose that perk. Has anyone gort a great last minute deal and if so how far out.We are specific on that date

Anything can happen. If there are unsold cabins, they may lower prices as the cruise gets closer. It could also go up. If you are flexible, you can wait and see. I have booked late and saved money. Look at the Tuesday deals. If you don't already get the Tuesday exciting deals email, sign up. Every once in awhile, a cruise gets listed that I book. I did a Bermuda cruise that I booked the week before it sailed. Saved a lot of money. If you can drive to the embarkation port, then waiting to book may be a good option. If you are not flexible with dates, book ahead. Often cruises do sell out.

Anything can happen. If there are unsold cabins, they may lower prices as the cruise gets closer. It could also go up. If you are flexible, you can wait and see. I have booked late and saved money. Look at the Tuesday deals. If you don't already get the Tuesday exciting deals email, sign up. Every once in awhile, a cruise gets listed that I book. I did a Bermuda cruise that I booked the week before it sailed. Saved a lot of money. If you can drive to the embarkation port, then waiting to book may be a good option. If you are not flexible with dates, book ahead. Often cruises do sell out.

Thats what I was thinking. We can drive to Port Liberty. I just want to get a deal last minute in order to make up for my having to purchase the drink package. My current rate in 1559pp for a Cc1 room but I would settle for a balcony.

It could very well lower in price. Don't forget that most American kids are already back to school at that time, which could help drive the price down. I have driven to Bayonne twice and its not a bad drive.

I know that this is a strange request but I am undecided what to do. I have a room booked on Summit in August. Final payment is in a week. My father is ill in hospital and I am unsure if I want to take the chance and pay final payment just in case. If I cancel I will loose my drink package perk I know. I am wondering what the odds are of it dropping in price to book last minute, if all goes well as we have friends going on the same cruise. It would have to be enough for me to add the drink package cost back on since I will loose that perk. Has anyone gort a great last minute deal and if so how far out.We are specific on that date

I agree, check Tuesday specials. Currently X is giving last minute deals on Summit June sailings on latest specials...

Like others I would suggest watching for the last minute deals if you decide to cancel. Our June 29th Bermuda sailing which started out high because it falls over July 4th has had some amazing deals since final payment. You can now get a suite W for $1,499 pp! That is less than we paid for our A2, all be it without a drink package and OBC.

The prices increased the last 2 months of our December 2013 cruise....and no perks

You may want to look at the pricing on some of the earlier Bermuda sailings this summer and compare how sold out the ship is right now (for your cruise) vs the earlier sailings. That will show you how low they may go. I've been doing those comparisons looking at an upgrade.

I know our sailing (June 29) is not sold out at all, but there seems to be a price they are not willing to go below, instead offering other incentives... $ off / $ OBC, 3&4 guests free, etc.

We've booked several of our cruises after final payment and have gotten some great deals - the best was on a June Summit cruise to Bermuda that we booked in May! It seems over the past couple of seasons that the Bermuda trips have not sold out and there have been some rock-bottom last minute deals. If you're not picky about what cabin you're in, it might work out very well!

Of course nothing in life is 100% but it's worked for us several times. Good luck and best wishes to your father :)

Julie,

I recall reading on another thread here that the 123Go perk may be offered again after June 2nd for new bookings. So you may not lose that drink pkg after all, as long as you re-book prior to the 123Go promotion expiration, which will probably last about 1-2 months, based on past promotions. :D

Good luck and hope your father recovers soon.

It could very well lower in price. Don't forget that most American kids are already back to school at that time, which could help drive the price down. I have driven to Bayonne twice and its not a bad drive.

Many schools in NY and NJ don't start until after Labor day which is in September.

Julie,

I recall reading on another thread here that the 123Go perk may be offered again after June 2nd for new bookings. So you may not lose that drink pkg after all, as long as you re-book prior to the 123Go promotion expiration, which will probably last about 1-2 months, based on past promotions. :D

Good luck and hope your father recovers soon.

I believe their new booking for sailings as of October.

Based on what I have seen, if you're ok with a garuntee, you'll likely be able to get back on the ship at a very good price, but it is a bit of a gamble, especially if you'll save enough to pay for that drink package.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

It is always a 50/50 chance. We are sailing 7/6/14 on the Summit to Bermuda and we booked our AQ cabin last year when we where on FOS. We then got a lower price of 1545.00pp before taxes. Now our AQ cabin for that sailing date is 999.00pp before taxes. I know it happens but it is still annoying.

I recall reading on another thread here that the 123Go perk may be offered again after June 2nd for new bookings. So you may not lose that drink pkg after all, as long as you re-book prior to the 123Go promotion expiration, which will probably last about 1-2 months, based on past promotions. :D.

But you probably won't be able to get it with the promotional fares, and 123 may not apply to bookings until September.

Depending on where you live, Celebrity has had an amazing deal on Aqua class cabins on Bermuda cruises for the past week. $999 for NY residents or 55+, and likely other states as well (I checked NJ and it was there). Cheaper than Verandah in some cases. However, it would not be combinable with other offers.

I was able to upgrade to AQ for $1149 a few weeks ago because Celebrity had mistakenly not marked it as a special and my TA got them to give it to me and allowed me to keep 123Go and my on-board booking bonuses. I was paying a little less than that for a Verandah so I was able to upgrade (wouldn't have been able to had I paid more than $1149). I still consider it a bargain (especially since the bonuses I have are worth more than $300 per cabin).

Edited by MisterBill99

To answer that question it depends on the weather, the performance of the stock market, and the price of gasoline.

If the weather is great, the stock market is up and the price of gasoline is low tha the cost of the cruise will be higher.

If you can predict those variables than you will also know what the price of the cruise will be.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The key phrase is "if you can predict those variables". Meaning, if you can predict ANY variables, you can predict cruise prices, but if you can successfully predict them, then you'll make enough money that the cost of the cruise won't matter :):):)

To answer that question it depends on the weather, the performance of the stock market, and the price of gasoline.

If the weather is great, the stock market is up and the price of gasoline is low tha the cost of the cruise will be higher.

If you can predict those variables than you will also know what the price of the cruise will be.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I assume this is a joke since the stock market has been great yet fares are low.

Really? Someone would joke on Cruise Critic? Shirley :D not!;)

Has anyone gort a great last minute deal and if so how far out.We are specific on that date

Sure, some people have. Others have found that they waited and the price never went down. Unfortunately, others' experience in the past really has no bearing on YOUR particular cruise ship/dates/itinerary. It all boils down to supply and demand, and the only solid answer to your question of whether you might get a last minute deal is "maybe so, maybe not." ;)

Perhaps a better solution is to buy trip insurance which covers your particular situation. We had a similar situation, ill parent, cruising with friends and we had trip insurance that would reimburse us if we had to cancel because of illness/loss of parent.

This is a great idea. Read the terms of the policy though. They have exclusions which might include "per-existing conditions" which may invalidate the policy for your father's situation. I don't think it would invalidate it, but I'm not a lawyer, and I generally hate insurance for the way they handle things in general.

This is a great idea. Read the terms of the policy though. They have exclusions which might include "per-existing conditions" which may invalidate the policy for your father's situation. I don't think it would invalidate it, but I'm not a lawyer, and I generally hate insurance for the way they handle things in general.

I can't say for sure, but I thought that the pre-existing condition was for your own medical conditions.