Canadians - any recent issues with US$ CCs for onboard account?

It's very easy to handle prior to any problems coming up: go to the Guest Services desk during your cruise and ask them to print out a copy of your bill (this can be done at any time). Make sure it says USD at the bottom. If it doesn't, then you follow through with changing that. Easy peasy. :)

I'm not sure if asking here for recent problems is the answer - we have had problems in the past with RCI converting it for us on several of our cruises - others were fine - thus the exchange "ding" you mention, but if you do what I suggested it should not be an issue. :)

Had this problem in the past many times, and now do CASH as an option on the Set Sail Pass and take our credit card down to the front desk in a few days after we board and have no problem. Specify then it is to be in US$ only.

We have a US$ credit card up here and that works for us, depending on the exchange at the time.

We always use our US$ credit card for purchases on board and have had no issues.

We book and pay in CDN$ using a CDN$ credit card and use that card to complete the on line check in. Once at the pier we use the US$ card and they change the info.

Maybe we have been lucky but this has worked for us. As Karen said go to guest relations after your first purchase and make sure the bill says US$ on it.

We always use our US$ credit card for purchases on board and have had no issues.

We book and pay in CDN$ using a CDN$ credit card and use that card to complete the on line check in. Once at the pier we use the US$ card and they change the info.

Maybe we have been lucky but this has worked for us. As Karen said go to guest relations after your first purchase and make sure the bill says US$ on it.

Which credit card do you have which is US? Is it linked to a US bank account?

Thanks

Would like to use our US$ visa this time, but am concerned we will end up being dinged for exchange twice. I know this has been an issue in the past, but have any recent difficulties been spotted?

Used our BMO US $ card without difficulties. No additional charges for using it on the ship, US$ to US$. You do have to watch the islands, because some are designated as a Foreign country and they will get you on the exchange rate from the local currency to US$, plus the 2% exchange fee.

Used our BMO US $ card without difficulties. No additional charges for using it on the ship, US$ to US$. You do have to watch the islands, because some are designated as a Foreign country and they will get you on the exchange rate from the local currency to US$, plus the 2% exchange fee.

BMO and VISA? wow, I am a day late and a dollar short, I had NO idea we had US credit cards here...

thanks for the info