Freedom class/ best promenade floor

I'm planning to book the freedom class and I was wondering what is the best floor to book a promenade room?

Thank you!

Just an estimate on my part, but I believe more people post about liking deck 7. They think deck 6 is too low to see most of the promenade, and deck 8 is too far away from the action.

Just an estimate on my part, but I believe more people post about liking deck 7. They think deck 6 is too low to see most of the promenade, and deck 8 is too far away from the action.

This is exactly my thinking.

I've had one deck 6 Promenade cabin, and that was 6305, the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet". Being on deck 6 was okay, and I probably wouldn't mind another Promenade cabin on that deck, but I do prefer deck 7.

I would only want deck 6 if I could get the Ben and Jerry's Sweet, the free ice cream and Concierge Club access is very nice (assuming you're not D+ or PC). Otherwise I think deck 7 would be better since you're sandwiched between cabin decks. I have also read that folks liked the ones on deck 8 since the bay window has a downward slant offering more of a birds-eye-view of the RP.

Another vote for Deck 7. The bay windows on deck 8 lean in 50 cm each side which makes them less appealing from a lounging point of view. You also suffer from the angles of the lights, etc. Deck 6 is a bit too close to the action and people look in in a way that they can't on deck 7.

I wish I'd had this information before booking. I got cabin 6591 on Liberty. Eh! I'll make do. I still like it's proximity to the Promenade, despite the limited view. If I don't like my view, I'll just have to go on down and join the festivities.

I wish I'd had this information before booking. I got cabin 6591 on Liberty. Eh! I'll make do. I still like it's proximity to the Promenade, despite the limited view. If I don't like my view, I'll just have to go on down and join the festivities.

You are allowed to change staterooms within the same exact category, without paying more money, even after final payment.

You are allowed to change staterooms within the same exact category, without paying more money, even after final payment.

I was thinking more about access to the Promenade than the shows. ;) I might need to sneak down for morning coffee in my pajamas.

I was thinking more about access to the Promenade than the shows. ;) I might need to sneak down for morning coffee in my pajamas.

There's always room service.:)

There's always room service.:)

I've heard horrible things about room service coffee (it's been called everything from pond sludge to *gasp* instant). I'm getting one of the drink plans (probably the one that has everything but alcohol), just so I can get decent coffee in the mornings.

I'm an early riser, but a zombie before coffee.

I've heard horrible things about room service coffee (it's been called everything from pond sludge to *gasp* instant). I'm getting one of the drink plans (probably the one that has everything but alcohol), just so I can get decent coffee in the mornings.

I'm an early riser, but a zombie before coffee.

I get it now, you want to be close to the specialty coffee at Cafe Promenade.:)

I would only want deck 6 if I could get the Ben and Jerry's Sweet, the free ice cream and Concierge Club access is very nice (assuming you're not D+ or PC). Otherwise I think deck 7 would be better since you're sandwiched between cabin decks. I have also read that folks liked the ones on deck 8 since the bay window has a downward slant offering more of a birds-eye-view of the RP.

I like your pick of Deck 8. That is what we picked for the EX- never been in a PR room

I like your pick of Deck 8. That is what we picked for the EX- never been in a PR room

I think you'll like it, they're a good change from regular interiors. Plus you get a nice view of the parades. The only trade off is that the folks across the way can see right in. ;)

I think you'll like it, they're a good change from regular interiors. Plus you get a nice view of the parades. The only trade off is that the folks across the way can see right in. ;)

I feel sorry for thm:eek::p

Just did a promenade on FOS. We were deck 7 above guest services. The view was the Champagne bar. Not much to see really. It made me want to go back to a balcony room. My wife said it was noisy. I heard nothing. The best part was that it close to the stairs and elevators.

I'm planning to book the freedom class and I was wondering what is the best floor to book a promenade room?

We were on the Freedom a couple of years ago in Prom cabin 6629. I had read that the noise was irritating but did not find that to be the case at all. It was not a distraction at all, even during the day if you wanted to catch a nap. It was great for people watching and parade watching. We are booked this August on the Navigator in a Prom on deck 7 and think this will be an ideal area. We have several cabins booked and wanted to get them close together and deck 7 had what we wanted. Deck 6 would have been fine also, but We are not in the cabin all that much, reason for us that a balcony is not worth the extra $$$s. But when in the cabin for a couple of dollars more than the regular interior we found the Prom to be a good alternative. We didn't have a problem with leaving the shades open at an inopportune time, if we did someone could see in, but I am not shy and if they didn't like what they saw it was a reminder to them that they might want to close their shades. :) I do think that the 8th deck might be a bit far up, but would still be a good location.

We just booked 6331 on Indy for next year. My sister and mom are in 6324 which is an accessible balcony and I wanted to be closer to them. I will use their balcony if I want air. I'm glad there was an offering of a promenade room. I was very worried about feeling closed-in in an interior as I like to spend time in the stateroom to "detox" and slow down a little from the activity. I like the idea of having the window to people watch and have some light in the room. Thanks for all the info!