Changed class after e-Docs issued, still waiting for new ones (week before cruise)

MisterBill99

We're sailing a week from Sunday and still do not have our e-Docs. We originally received them in mid-April (and ordered and received our luggage tags), but then two weeks ago I upgraded to Aqua when the price dropped. Naturally the e-Docs went away on the website but they never got reissued. I've spoken to my TA, and she has spoken to Celebrity but nothing. I asked her again this week, and she logged into the Celebrity system and sent the link to me, but when I opened them they were still the old cabin. She's supposed to talk to Celebrity (again) to get this corrected, but I still don't have them. I have no reason to believe that she hasn't called since she's always been very responsive.

At this point I'm obviously not going to be able to get new luggage tags in the mail, which is unfortunate. I'm wondering if this sort of screw-up by Celebrity is common when switching cabins after the e-Docs have already been issued, or am I just lucky?

Edited by MisterBill99

I have switched cabins up to 3 days before the cruise. Got luggage tags from the porter at the port- no problem. I normally don't bother with the eDoc's unless I purchased transfers from the airport to the pier the I need the transfer document.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're not regularly/easily re-issued. But if so, that would be because it's not an issue using your current ones (or none at all, for that matter).

They just help with the process, but they're not essential. There's no problem taking them with you to check in.

You really don't need the e-docs. Strictly speaking, you don't even need an Xpress pass, but that does speed things up at the port. The porters there will have luggage tags for you. A small inconvenience, but you and your bags will make it on board. Enjoy your cruise in aqua class!

The edocs don't matter unless hey include hotel or transfer vouchers, and they wouldn't have changed. You don't need luggage tags, either, they will make them at the pier for you as long as you know the new stateroom number. Even the Xpress pass doesn't matter. People show up without having printed them all the time, it just takes a few minutes longer during check in. So don't worry if th edocs are not reissued, and if there were vouchers in the original ones, use those

You really don't need the e-docs. Strictly speaking, you don't even need an Xpress pass, but that does speed things up at the port. The porters there will have luggage tags for you. A small inconvenience, but you and your bags will make it on board. Enjoy your cruise in aqua class!

I just figured it would be easier if we already had the luggage tags on the bags and didn't have to deal having to get them written up. In any event, I got email this morning saying my e-docs were ready, and sure enough they are correct this time.

There are a couple of sellers on Amazon who have plastic luggage tag holders that fit the Celebrity/Royal Caribbean tags perfectly. I don't know that it's worth spending $10 for them, although we do plan to be on 2 RC cruises next year and they don't mail them to you unless you're in a suite (which we're not).