Mentioned, really brought back those memories

You have a fantastic writing style I could almost

Picture myself on that balcony,barefoot with a cold

Drink in hand.

I will be sailing on the Equinox next February and am sure I will

Enjoy all the things you did and not worry about the

Other details.

Thanks

Thank you for keeping this going, I’ve been following you intently and thoroughly enjoyed your observations – particularly the cruise zombies – I love (hate) how they manage to make the tea/coffee station particularly difficult to manoeuvre – or perhaps it’s me being a bit of a zombie the morning after an evening of Celebrity cocktails! I can’t wait to be boarding Equinox next weekend in Istanbul. A safe journey home to you and your party.

We will be on Equinox in two weeks. So enjoyed your review! Sad to see it go!

We've sailed her before and we're not disappointed! I'm sure this will be a great trip too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

Nice review David. We are sitting at the Venice airport awaiting our flight back to Atlanta. This cruise rates at the top of my many cruises. Celebrity delivered in just about every way. The crew on this ship is outstanding and the ship was in excellent shape. This itinerary was perfect.

Wow - love your daily reviews. I posted back in May on another thread:

"Sometimes when we look over our shoulder at what everyone else has, we forget to appreciate the pearl we hold in our own hands."

I get the sense that regardless of the little imperfections that we all experience everday that is part of our lives whether on a cruise or not, you feel the same (whether we have a good breakfast experience or not; or a good guide experience or not). Yes of course it contributes but - it's not all about pefection. If everything was so perfect - I reckon we will all be complaining life was boring.

It's about enjoying each day that is on offer for us to live and our chosen attitude that guides our overall opinion.

I for one cannot forget what a privilage it is for me to be able to cruise and be waited on and experience the great services of staff including those I do not directly see or experience that supports a wonderful vacation availabe for all to enjoy.

Day 13- Celebrity’s Law of Conservation of Energy

Disembarkation and Closing Thoughts

Used express departure and was off the ship in 5 minutes with luggage. Pre-arranged cab was waiting for us to take us to Venice Mestra Station (much easier it turns out to handle cruise luggage than Venice St. Lucia..and less crowded for sure).

Looking back over the cruise experience, I’m going to avoid the natural effort to compare this cruise to others. Rather each trip should stand on its own. In the end, did THIS Celebrity cruise meet or beat expectations? The answer, of course, is yes!

As we rolled across the Alps yesterday, I reflected on the particular aspects of the cruise experience that I personally observed Celebrity Cruises attempting during our voyage. In recent months I’ve been exposed to some corporate training that is all about putting energy into the workplace and into the customer experience.

The Law of Conservation of Energy essentially says that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or transformed. Energy can come in all forms and can change to others. For instance, the chemical energy in a stick of dynamite can suddenly become heat energy in the form of an explosion.

So putting those two items together, it is starting to make sense to me that with some of the changes and concerns recently posted here about volume levels, activity design, etc. aboard Celebrity there is an effort to transfer energy to the passengers.

This is a very precarious position that they will put themselves in. This can be overdone quickly. However, I must say that on this cruise it was the consensus of our group that the “energy” level on the ship was just about right for the age group, itinerary, etc.

Which brings me to the circle route of logic about reviews and opinions on these forums. Our experience was fantastic. But put this ship with this crew in a different location with a different passenger mix and it could be disaster.

For us, we know what we like, so reading any reviews based on 7 day Caribbean cruises is probably going to be seriously suspect from now on. The energy that is generated BY THE PASSENGERS also must be transformed or transferred. It is usually the crew and other passengers who get the brunt of that.

For us, the Equinox was beautiful. The staff was almost without fault. The itinerary was nearly perfect for a full taste of the Mediterranean (and a crime they only offer it once this year and none next year). The food was overall as good as can be expected with both the numbers and sheer cost of groceries today. The fellow passengers seemed cordial and in rhythm with the sailing.

In turn, the staff probably picked up on that “positive energy” being transferred to them. In turn, they don’t have to put as much energy back into the trip to keep passengers happy.

Everything seemed in equilibrium with the right balance on all parts.

Quite fitting for a ship named Equinox. Give her and her crew a try.

Thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement. It is not always easy to sit down and type when you know by now that 100’s of “live from” reports have been done. Just trying to give back what I take from the CC forums.

Wonderful review. Glad you had a great vacation. Looking forward to being a passenger in December. I do wish I was going to be on her in the Mediterranean. Maybe next year.

In my 15 cruises I have not had a bad experience. Can't blame the crew for bad weather or rough seas

Safe travels home

Gail

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Excellent review. I just booked a Baltic cruise on Eclipse.

I've just returned from the June 2nd sailing of the Med on the Reflection.

We kept hearing door slamming all the time. This is why. When the ship is cruising and you have a balcony cabin and leave the balcony door open...even a little....a suction will be created from outside the ship to the inside, slamming the door. On the last night of the cruise, my wife left the balcony door open. Then she opened the cabin door, which suddenly slammed shut...with her pinkie finger in the door jam. I though her finger was cut off. But it just got completely smashed. She was in ALOT of pain. It swelled up as big as her thumb and turned a lovely shade of purple.

So, lessons learned:

1. Shut the balcony door before opening the cabin door. Or

2. Open cabin door keeping hands on the door handle.

Maybe the doors need an airbag? OK, just kidding.

Thankyou for this - down to 40 days for me. :p

How are you finding the internet? When we sail we may have a major business move happening, so my partner tells me :o, so internet may be required.

Internet was much improved since our last cruise. You can buy internet packages Onboard. It worked just fine most of the time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

We actually were also on this cruise and found the entertainment quite good on most of the nights. The cirque type show was awesome, the pianist/comedian was great & the brother duet was good! The only show that was terrible was the mime. We didn't make all the shows bc some of them conflicted with our dinner times.

Edited by hippychick925