first time crusing any tips going?

yummytummy

going on my first cruise on 2nd November on quantum of the seas which is a new ship from Southampton to new York.

Any tips on packing stuff and what stuff needed and also going on my own so any tips for that would be great

going on my first cruise on 2nd November on quantum of the seas which is a new ship from Southampton to new York.

Any tips on packing stuff and what stuff needed and also going on my own so any tips for that would be great

The fashion forum is great for what to pack

The Roll Call as mentioned for your cruise

The cruise line forum - you will likely see some conversation about recent cruises on your ship to give you an idea about what goes on

This board - read the threads about what advice would you give a new cruiser

The about cruising forum - some hilarious threads about what people did that they shouldn't have done, what they would do different....just scroll and read!!!

There is a solo cruiser forum as well - lots of good advice on CC

There is also a search function for specific questions on all the boards. Read and enjoy!!!

Edited by Mytime2014

The cruise brochures will answer your questions...online, or order a brochure from RCI...no cost!

Cruising is not some sort of mystery..it's a vacation!

Pack for the expected weather in your ports. A guidebook is most helpful.

• 1 month later...

The one thing I wished someone had told me before our first cruise was to be sure and distinctly mark your luggage. It helps to be able to spot it when leaving the ship. Now our purple luggage has neon green, orange, and yellow braided yarn on it.

Go to this web sight. I'm sure this will help. :)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1215

Don't try to do everything! There's always another cruise. :D

As well as prescribed medication, also take with you a small pack of things that you might take occasionally. These could include sea sickness remedies, antihistamines and simple painkillers. The ship's shops keep a limited supply and they are not cheap. Once ashore, even in the USA, things that are familiar at home might be difficult to find under the name you know them by (a typical one is paracetamol which is acetaminophen/Tylenol in the USA).