Shareholders' OBC

hop2it

I see on the Princess website that the on-board credits available to shareholders do not apply to "reduced-rate fares." Someone please tell me what they mean by that. Surely not everyone who gets a lower fare through a travel agent is disqualified? Just curious. Thanks.

I see on the Princess website that the on-board credits available to shareholders do not apply to "reduced-rate fares." Someone please tell me what they mean by that. Surely not everyone who gets a lower fare through a travel agent is disqualified? Just curious. Thanks.

Shareholder credit is good on any cruise no matter what you pay for said cruise. What are you reading that says differently?

From the official document linked through Princess website:

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer.

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer.

Maybe it's deeply discounted rates such as those employees can get for family members?

Last January when Princess was having problems selling their short four-day cruises they created a special program giving 100% of the rate paid as a future cruise credit. It doesn't get any cheaper than that and we still got our shareholder OBC & other types that we qualify to receive & they're all combinable.

Reduced rate fares are special pricing for travel agent rates, friends and family (of corporate employees) fares, etc. If you're not in the industry, there's nothing you need to worry about. Enjoy your OBC,

Reduced rate fares are special pricing for travel agent rates, friends and family (of corporate employees) fares, etc. If you're not in the industry, there's nothing you need to worry about. Enjoy your OBC,

It might also include interline fares.

Unless you are any of the above, this does not pertain to you. Ignore it. Like Astro said, we even got our OBC when the cruise ended up being free.

It is the best ROI there is if you cruise 2 times a year ..

we're sailing away - I agree with you. Though the stock has not done much as of late - I own the shares for a few years and I am still not making anything on it - but the OBC eases the pain. :p We usually use it a couple times of year. We just got our $250 placed on our account for an upcoming 14 day cruise. It was on the cruise personalizer within a day after faxing them the information. They were great. We also bought the FCC and we get another $100PP and the TA is giving us another $450. It is great starting out with $900 OBC... :)

Hope everyone enjoys their next cruise...

I was wondering about that too when I first used it. Since almost every fare seems to be some kind of discount. But they always accepted it. I'd say consider getting the application in as soon as you can since they required a few weeks last time I checked.

I was wondering about that too when I first used it. Since almost every fare seems to be some kind of discount. But they always accepted it. I'd say consider getting the application in as soon as you can since they required a few weeks last time I checked.

Submission for OBC has improved tremendously and now shows up in your personalizer within a few days. I still would submit just after final payment or at least two weeks prior to embarkation.

What you read does not apply to passengers who do not work in a travel related job.
Not quite true as what Frank posted is also true, i.e., Princess had a special promotion to fill the short cruises whereby you got 100% of your fare applied to a future cruise, essentially cruising for free.
We also bring a copy of it on the cruise. ( never used the copy yet }
I also bring a copy, particularly since I've had to produce all of my documentation on several cruises when, even after receiving confirmation, my OBC hadn't been applied. I had three cruises in a row last year when that happened and I was thankful I had everything with me. It's a lot easier to correct while onboard than after the fact. Edited by Pam in CA

We faxed in the shareholder request today, seeing this thread had me check my on board credits, voila- it is there!

Impressed!

Bernadette

Me too, Bernadette. Great quick service.

Just bought the stock a little over a year ago and so far have collected $400 OBC as well as dividends and the stock has gone up.

We faxed in the shareholder request today, seeing this thread had me check my on board credits, voila- it is there!

Impressed!

Bernadette

I sent the fax in a couple of weeks and and it was on my account in about 15 minutes! I couldn't believe it.

I was on the Regal Princess 'shakedown' cruise and Princess would not allocate shareholder OBC for this particular cruise, so the OP was certainly correct in their assertion!

Would you care to explain what exactly the shakedown cruise was?

The pre inaugural cruise from Trieste to Venice May 16th - May 20th.

Please elaborate. Could anyone have booked this cruise? Was it offered on the Princess site? If not, it was something special and had it's own rules.

Yes anyone could have booked the cruise, it was widely advertised. My booking was made through my usual TA and he was amazed that shareholder OBC was not applicable.

I think this is the sort of issue that Hop2it implied in their original post!