BOGOHO ???? Really ????

[/b][/b]I did a fake booking for a JS on Allure for 2016, I was surprise to see the price of the Cabin was different from it is actually shown at 1476.00 PP on the web page, If you go at the summary of charge the cabin is actually 1968.00 PP minus the discount at 984.00... I just think it is false publicity. It should be 1476.00 minus the rebate ??? Right ? :)

Opinion please ?

Thank you......

Edited by DANtheFIREMAN

I did a fake booking for a JS on Allure for 2016, I was surprise to see the price of the Cabin was different from it is actually shown at 1476.00 PP on the web page, If you go at the summary of charge the cabin is actually 1968.00 PP minus the discount at 984.00... I just think it is false publicity. It should be 1476.00 minus the rebate ??? Right ? :)

Opinion please ?

Thank you......

Several threads on the subject already. Royal shows the discounted price up front. Don't see that it's a big deal.

Several threads on the subject already. Royal shows the discounted price up front. Don't see that it's a big deal.

So if i read well, there is no deal at all if they posted the price at 1476.......... ???

Edited by DANtheFIREMAN

So if i read well, there is no deal at all if they posted the price at 1476.......... ???

The deal is baked into that $1476 quote. If you add $1968 (full price for pax #1) and $984 (50% off for pax #2), you get $2952. Average $2952 across both passengers (divide by 2) and you get $1476. I do agree they could do a better job of explaining this when they quote the averaged price.

Edited by joepeka

I think it's a bit deceptive and very confusing to anyone going through the process for the first time.

When you see that per person charge, you expect the 2nd person to be half of that. You don't assume that first charge is the averaged amount of two people.

I doubt anyone thought it was an average the first time through.

I think it's a bit deceptive and very confusing to anyone going through the process for the first time.

When you see that per person charge, you expect the 2nd person to be half of that. You don't assume that first charge is the averaged amount of two people.

I doubt anyone thought it was an average the first time through.

its truly deceptive because they show you first a price of one person. IF it was both together then ok , however they show just the one person price and this is wrong to do.

it is deceptive to say the least, one would think its the price shown plus the discount off the second person, however what they show is already factored in.

It has been done this way since the website was upgraded earlier this year. There is nothing different with the way they show BOGO prices than the way they've been showing prices before the sale. If you are logged in and book a balcony (for example), the main screen will automatically factor in your balcony discount to the price you see. If you qualify for a special rate (i.e. military, over 55, etc.) or if there is a savings coupon for a cruise, the system will look at all of the combinations and quote you the best price amongst all of them. Complicated, yes; deceptive - not really

its truly deceptive because they show you first a price of one person. IF it was both together then ok , however they show just the one person price and this is wrong to do.

They also show you a price of per person but it's based on two in a room so if you only have one you get charged a premium. If you want to be upset about it then so be it, but it wasn't confusing to me and I don't feel deceived about it. The sale saved us money and we're better off for it. It doesn't save everyone money so if it doesn't work for you, don't do it.

They also show you a price of per person but it's based on two in a room so if you only have one you get charged a premium. If you want to be upset about it then so be it, but it wasn't confusing to me and I don't feel deceived about it. The sale saved us money and we're better off for it. It doesn't save everyone money so if it doesn't work for you, don't do it.

I can see there is alot of RUDE people here...........................:rolleyes: lol Actually it is a legitimate question................. :p

This has been discussed at length. It's really quite simple.

Yes it has been discussed. And no it isn't simple for people not familiar with RCCL's strange pricing mechanisms.:rolleyes: So don't call it "deceptive", whatever. It is clearly misleading and confusing to anyone not familiar with RCCL's pricing gimmicks. Why put up a "price per person" then not discount it later in the process when you've said someone gets half off? RCCL's way of confusing things as usual. And yes it's all clear later in the online process, but again it's not clear up front to the novice.

But the bottom line is there are/were indeed some great prices available :) , but as usual they have to make things deceptive and complicated in the process.........

Edited by bouhunter

I can see there is alot of RUDE people here...........................:rolleyes: lol Actually it is a legitimate question................. :p

Don't see how that was rude, but I can live with that too.

Yes it has been discussed. And no it isn't simple for people not familiar with RCCL's strange pricing mechanisms.:rolleyes: So don't call it "deceptive", whatever. It is clearly misleading and confusing to anyone not familiar with RCCL's pricing gimmicks. Why put up a "price per person" then not discount it later in the process when you've said someone gets half off? RCCL's way of confusing things as usual. And yes it's all clear later in the online process, but again it's not clear up front to the novice.

But the bottom line is there are/were indeed some great prices available :) , but as usual they have to make things deceptive and complicated in the process.........

To me it seems perfectly reasonable to show the final price per person right from the start. Why would they ever want to show a price higher than I would actually pay? If I have a product on sale for $10 I'm not going to put a price tag on it for $15 just so you can watch me discount it at the register. That wouldn't be very smart.

To me it seems perfectly reasonable to show the final price per person right from the start. Why would they ever want to show a price higher than I would actually pay? If I have a product on sale for $10 I'm not going to put a price tag on it for $15 just so you can watch me discount it at the register. That wouldn't be very smart.

however if your are having a bogoho sale you dont put a price tag $7.50 on it do you? no you put the $10 and the second one is $5.

Edited by Royal44

however if your are having a bogoho sale you dont put a price tag $7.50 on it do you? no you put the $10 and the second one is $5.

Fair point. Maybe my analogy was bad. I can see where it would be confusing the way they display it during a booking.

BUT I also understand why they have to publish the lowest per person price because that's how these travel comparison shopping sites and Travel agent sites display it. They're not calculating discounts, they just show the price data RCI tells them. I'm in the business of commercial web sites so I think about stuff like that.

Maybe RCI could tweak it and show it differently on their own site, but that would only cause more confusion since RCI site and other sites wouldn't match. Maybe BOGOHO isn't a great way to market a cruise discount :D