does disney offer no kids cruise?

Royal44

please tell me

Highly unlikely.

I believe there are few cruise lines that have adult-only cruises.

On the other hand, a person could charter the whole ship and make their own adult-only cruise. :rolleyes:

Edited by Shmoo here

The closest thing they currently have are the long (10-15 night) cruises that occur during the traditional school year. On those cruises, the kid population on the Magic runs 400-500 rather than the normal 1000+. On the recent EBTA, it was 520 (age 0-17), last year it was 400...or so we were told by the CD.

The kids this year were more evident than last as there were many school aged European kids on board. However, until the last night or 2, they were quite well behaved. On the last nights, I think the parents abdicated and I KNOW the kids went wild. We did have "ADULT open house in the OC/OL." It was fun watching the dads do the Marvel Academy! And yes, we were allowed to do anything that the kids can do. This was not the standard "open house" where people of all ages are welcome; it was strictly 18 and older.

I suspect an "all adult" cruise would be a big hit, but only with the right length and ports. If they did a 4 night Bahamas, forget it! BUT...many of the cabins would be 2 persons only, which would be a loss of revenue.

Please don't laugh...but I swear on other cruise lines the kids are swallowed up and all we hear is their laughter. I tired to catch them a few times on NCL because I wanted to skip along to the Dora song...they disappeared. LOL I guess because we are Grandparents and not the 24/7 mom/dad we don't mind the children on cruises as much. Plus there is an adult area to go hide in. I agree with the answer that Disney would not wish to lose the revenue children bring to the company by way of parents and doting grandparents by having an adult only cruise. There is nothing like the wonder in a child's eyes when they see the magic of Disney.

There is a turner classic movie cruise in October that has chartered the Magic. We have been on four of these. The last one was on magic too. Very few kids. No characters around. But you still got the rotational dining which we love. And no lines for slides! Also hardly anyone got off at castaway cay. It was a great way to get the Disney service without the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a turner classic movie cruise in October that has chartered the Magic. We have been on four of these. The last one was on magic too. Very few kids. No characters around. But you still got the rotational dining which we love. And no lines for slides! Also hardly anyone got off at castaway cay. It was a great way to get the Disney service without the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought I was the only one still loving the black and white movies on Turner Movie classic channel. The DH is not a fan but wow sounds great for me. I just watched the Lane Sisters once again in Four Wives. I watched these with my mother and grandmother and never stopped loving them. Ahh Now Voyager...now that is a cruise classic;)

The DVC Member Cruises usually have a lot less children than the regular cruises. I know the first one we went on (back in 2003) the family beach wasn't crowded at all but I heard Serenity Bay was packed. Also we had late dining on that cruise and 1/2 of our restaurant was empty. Many of the cabins only had two occupants.

please tell me

We always avoided Disney because we could imagine the thousands of kids running around screaming, etc. :eek: But 2 yrs ago we were brave and dared ourselves to do it. WE LOVED IT!!! The most annoying part of the cruise were the parents constantly yelling at the kids and reminding them what they told them. ARGH!! Do that in the cabin or pull them aside!!!!

But it was wonderful. We loved it so much that we're doing it again next month. :D Disney Dream has adult only areas, but late at night they are practically empty. :) We guess that parents must be exhausted by 10pm. This time we're going to try their adult only specialty restaurant Remy. Not sure on Palo, any suggestions?

We always avoided Disney because we could imagine the thousands of kids running around screaming, etc. :eek: But 2 yrs ago we were brave and dared ourselves to do it. WE LOVED IT!!! The most annoying part of the cruise were the parents constantly yelling at the kids and reminding them what they told them. ARGH!! Do that in the cabin or pull them aside!!!!

But it was wonderful. We loved it so much that we're doing it again next month. :D Disney Dream has adult only areas, but late at night they are practically empty. :) We guess that parents must be exhausted by 10pm. This time we're going to try their adult only specialty restaurant Remy. Not sure on Palo, any suggestions?

Palo is nice...and the best part is "no kids." We often hate to miss our regular servers, but the peace and quiet of Palo is lovely. I'm not a "foodie," and reality in my wold is that I'd rather do Palo 3 times than one Remy! Yes, others will disagree.

My wife and I did a Disney cruise for our honeymoon and never felt overwhelmed by kids..In fact of all the cruises we have been on since I would say you see more kids on non-Disney cruises...not because there are more kids but because on Disney all the kids are all in the kids club! Sure enough, now that I have kids, I see my daughter 10x more when we are on RCL or CC. When we go on Disney, my daughter disappears into the kids area and I'm lucky to see her by the end of the cruise.

As for Palo...best meal of my life. The dinner is very good but if you can get it do the Brunch. Simply Amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by jrapps
spelling

Palo is nice...and the best part is "no kids." We often hate to miss our regular servers' date=' but the peace and quiet of Palo is lovely. I'm not a "foodie," and reality in my wold is that I'd rather do Palo 3 times than one Remy! Yes, others will disagree.[/quote']

For non-foodies, I think your method is the better idea. No sense spending money if you know you won't enjoy the food. That said, often if you "deconstruct" the menu, gourmet foods are just normal foods with fancy names. ;)

I would think; it may be possible to have less kids on the longer Disney cruises; especially if you go when they are in school. Like next Sept, Disney is offering a ten day cruise to Hawaii; in which five days will be going to or from Vancouver; then the time in Hawaii; so you may experience less kids on this type cruise. But then again, I could be totally off with this assumption.

I would think; it may be possible to have less kids on the longer Disney cruises; especially if you go when they are in school. Like next Sept, Disney is offering a ten day cruise to Hawaii; in which five days will be going to or from Vancouver; then the time in Hawaii; so you may experience less kids on this type cruise. But then again, I could be totally off with this assumption.

That's exactly what I said in my initial post--the long cruises during school have significantly fewer kids than typical cruises (usually a 50-60% decrease over normal kid population.) And the kids on board tend to be younger than the normal mix.

When I first read this, my initial reaction was "Why?"

But then I realized Adventures by Disney does adults only offerings rather successfully.

I don't think it scales to cruise ship size, but the concept is not as odd as my initial reaction (and probably others) would have it.

That's exactly what I said in my initial post--the long cruises during school have significantly fewer kids than typical cruises (usually a 50-60% decrease over normal kid population.) And the kids on board tend to be younger than the normal mix.

I totally agree with you. Thanks for your feedback

Highly unlikely.

I believe there are few cruise lines that have adult-only cruises.

On the other hand, a person could charter the whole ship and make their own adult-only cruise. :rolleyes:

That was the business model for Renaissance Cruises. R.I.P.